Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Suspend Search for GM/Head of Personnel
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Howie is our man!!

To me, I'm not terribly upset as I expected little.

However, I do expect my owner, who's been in the league for over 20 years, to realize the unlikelihood of landing a good GM at this stage of the year and to set his and the fans expectations accordingly.

I think Jeff failed at that again. Still seems out of touch with reality.

On another note, I thought Pederson cam across well on his TV and radio interviews (except his defense of "the drive"). He presents well and seems straightforward and unflustered.

One thing he did say a few times when assessing the situation "We're behind". He acknowledged they have catching up to do. Without the main personnel guy, it gives me great concern that we never will catch up and that it will be reflected in this year's draft and free agency. This front office doesn't inspire confidence playing at full strength,never mind being a guy or two short!
Zero
When I heard this yesterday the first thing that came into my mind was that they were pursuing someone who is relevant to another team's draft and haven't been give permission to talk to him until after the draft.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 3 2016, 05:51 AM) *
When I heard this yesterday the first thing that came into my mind was that they were pursuing someone who is relevant to another team's draft and haven't been give permission to talk to him until after the draft.

I hope you are right.
The Franchise
All we need is a Lurie presser where he talks about how in-depth their search was for 3 minutes. laugh.gif

God I hate this organization. But we could always be Browns or Lions fans!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 4 2016, 01:35 PM) *
All we need is a Lurie presser where he talks about how in-depth their search was for 3 minutes. laugh.gif

God I hate this organization. But we could always be Browns or Lions fans!

While I am disappointed they announced their plans in the first place it was the wise move to hold off right now....no one is any personnel department is available right now...this is the time of year when they are working overtime.....once the draft is over the good candidates have time to interview.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 4 2016, 02:07 PM) *
While I am disappointed they announced their plans in the first place it was the wise move to hold off right now....no one is any personnel department is available right now...this is the time of year when they are working overtime.....once the draft is over the good candidates have time to interview.

wouldn't you want you new GM/Head of Personnel in place before the draft?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 4 2016, 02:16 PM) *
wouldn't you want you new GM/Head of Personnel in place before the draft?

In an ideal world, yes.....but if I am looking to hire someone of quality than it is tough to do this time of year...who is out there that is high quality and not working? No team is going to let them interview their personnel people that they want to keep right before FA and the draft.....the guy from Pitt is a minion...and if they hired him everyone would wail about Howie being the boss.....this indicates the guy they hire may have more juice than originally thought...
mcnabbulous
I'd also add that it's better to pick the right long-term guy after this draft than pick the wrong guy, just to salvage this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.