Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hall of Fame Voting. Which of the 15 to you vote in?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story/0ap300...-fame-finalists

Here are mine, in order of deserving:

1. Favre
2. Pace
3. Owens
4. Harrison
5. Faneca
6. Warner
7. Dungy
8. Atwater
9. Lynch
10. Anderson

Anyone?

I think these 10 should get in eventually, they are HOF players. I think at least 5 of top 7 get in this year.

The Franchise
How in the blue fuck do you put Favre first? Seriously? He's a media darling who had the good fortune to bump into Drew Bledsoe once in the Super Bowl. He's lost more big games than can be counted with his stupid decisions. His career passer rating is a cunt hair above McNabb and Stafford. laugh.gif

Yes, he should be a HoF'er because of his stats due to his longevity, but most deserving?!

TO is one of the top 3 receivers in history by any measurement, but all he's remembered for is his personality. It'll be interesting to see how that translates into votes.
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 1 2016, 12:34 PM) *
How in the blue fuck do you put Favre first? Seriously? He's a media darling who had the good fortune to bump into Drew Bledsoe once in the Super Bowl. He's lost more big games than can be counted with his stupid decisions. His career passer rating is a cunt hair above McNabb and Stafford. laugh.gif

Yes, he should be a HoF'er because of his stats due to his longevity, but most deserving?!

TO is one of the top 3 receivers in history by any measurement, but all he's remembered for is his personality. It'll be interesting to see how that translates into votes.

I'm not a huge Favre guy, but...................

3 MVP's 11 PB, 3 first team all-pro, 2nd in TD's and passing yards.

True he threw a bunch of INT's, and his 13-11 playoff records isn't great, but he had the DAL-SF dynasties early on.

But I don't see him dropping any further on this list than #2 behind Pace. Where do you put him on this list?

Dreagon
Favre, Stabler, Coryell, Anderson, and Jacoby. Terrell Owens will eventually make it but I would make him wait a few years for being such a douchebag.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 1 2016, 10:31 PM) *
I'm not a huge Favre guy, but...................

3 MVP's 11 PB, 3 first team all-pro, 2nd in TD's and passing yards.

True he threw a bunch of INT's, and his 13-11 playoff records isn't great, but he had the DAL-SF dynasties early on.

But I don't see him dropping any further on this list than #2 behind Pace. Where do you put him on this list?

I said he should get in, and will def not have to wait for it. I put him behind TO, Warner, and Pace. Who would you rather have as QB in a big game? I'll take Warner. TO is a top 3 receiver of all-time, and Pace was a special player as well. I don't even put Favre in the top-15 of QB's ever.
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 2 2016, 01:29 PM) *
I don't even put Favre in the top-15 of QB's ever.

Favre was a great QB. He's in my top 15 for sure. It's hard, for some, to remember just how good Favre was. I'm not talking about Old Man Favre w.ho hung around a couple of years too long. I'm talking about a young gunslinger who battled the Cowboys and 49ers dynasties

Owens, on the other hand, is on the bottom half of my top 10 list for WR's. He was too much of a diva and constantly begged for more "touches". When it's all said and done, Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Smith will likely bump Owens off of my top 10 list.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 2 2016, 03:02 PM) *
Favre was a great QB. He's in my top 15 for sure. It's hard, for some, to remember just how good Favre was. I'm not talking about Old Man Favre w.ho hung around a couple of years too long. I'm talking about a young gunslinger who battled the Cowboys and 49ers dynasties

Owens, on the other hand, is on the bottom half of my top 10 list for WR's. He was too much of a diva and constantly begged for more "touches". When it's all said and done, Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Smith will likely bump Owens off of my top 10 list.

Fitzgerald's greatest enemy is the franchise he's spent his whole career with. Even with that, assuming he has a couple more good years in him, he'll end up above TO in 2nd place for yards. TO is a giant douchebag, but on those rare occasions he just showed up and played, he was a special player.

Favre was indeed great, and at the same time the most overrated player in history. I swear John Madden used to jerk off to him during GB games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.