Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What if Eagles draft true BPA
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Some have said this draft is deep in OL, an obvious need for us. Supposedly QB and WR are not strengths this year. If they go BPA and a guy like Nkemdiche is available do you think the Eagles will pull the trigger and do you think they should?

I've read that before the Mary Jane incident that got him kicked off the team he could have gone top 10. I've read that some compare him to Suh. Would adding him to the rotation bring back memories of White and Brown in the middle?

Would you?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 30 2016, 11:25 AM) *
Some have said this draft is deep in OL, an obvious need for us. Supposedly QB and WR are not strengths this year. If they go BPA and a guy like Nkemdiche is available do you think the Eagles will pull the trigger and do you think they should?

I've read that before the Mary Jane incident that got him kicked off the team he could have gone top 10. I've read that some compare him to Suh. Would adding him to the rotation bring back memories of White and Brown in the middle?

Would you?

I would love that...word is that the OL is deep into the 2nd and 3rd round....I am hoping they trade down to get a 2nd rounder though
Zero
I think they absolutely need to get a G in FA. Gardner and Barbre are nice backups but they need better starters. Drafting an OT to eventually move to RT but will begin at RG may be a plan, but then you need to bring in a starter to play next to Peters. The chatter about Pederson attracting Allen from KC is interesting and would fill that need. I'd also like to see Kearse from Seattle, for our budget that may be the extent of what could be done.

Those DBs would look a lot better with a ferocious pass rush. Solidifying the OL some, adding a competent WR to go with a (hopefully) improved Agholor and Matthews ... then Bradford. This team may not be as bad as some think. But I'm the OptiMystic.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 30 2016, 11:25 AM) *

Would you?

If it's a deep OL draft, that's all the more reason to try to pick up a skill position early and grab our OL picks in the later rounds. There's no Jonathan Ogden clones available this year, right?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 30 2016, 12:38 PM) *
If it's a deep OL draft, that's all the more reason to try to pick up a skill position early and grab our OL picks in the later rounds. There's no Jonathan Ogden clones available this year, right?

Hey we agree on something.
Phits
Regardless of what happens with Bradford in the off-season, drafting a QB has to be a top priority. Our scouts should be on this like flies to sh*t.
Joegrane
I agree but there is only so much $ under the cap. That is something they could do if they don't bring back SamB. That is why I like the idea of trading down in the first and selecting a Right OT/OG

Now that they've extended so many players, including Celek I don't know how they will find the cap room to patch up everything.

Thurmond might not fit the system. Schwartz might want a true strong safety.

If they can't afford to sign Curry, they might trade down and pick a DE in the first, OT/OG in the second, Mike LB with one 3rd round pick, SS and OG with the other 3rd, 4th or 5th.

I doubt that with all of the QB coaches on staff they could resist drafting a QB to develop.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 30 2016, 11:51 AM) *
I think they absolutely need to get a G in FA. Gardner and Barbre are nice backups but they need better starters. Drafting an OT to eventually move to RT but will begin at RG may be a plan, but then you need to bring in a starter to play next to Peters.

The chatter about Pederson attracting Allen from KC is interesting and would fill that need. I'd also like to see Kearse from Seattle, for our budget that may be the extent of what could be done.

Andy R is a friend and mentor. I don't see them messing with Andy's players unless Andy doesn't need them.

Those DBs would look a lot better with a ferocious pass rush. Solidifying the OL some, adding a competent WR to go with a (hopefully) improved Agholor and Matthews ... then Bradford. This team may not be as bad as some think. But I'm the OptiMystic.

I agree with you; however, I don't see the room under the cap to do it with Bradford on the roster.

Do they want to be a playoff contender or to shoot for the Super Bowl?

If they want the latter they probably need the best QB they can find--Bradford or high draft pick who can develop into above average QB.

They can be a playoff contender very soon with Sanchez and a very solid supporting cast.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 30 2016, 02:47 PM) *
Hey we agree on something.

cheers.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 30 2016, 02:15 PM) *
Now that they've extended so many players, including Celek I don't know how they will find the cap room to patch up everything.

The whole idea in extending those players is to create cap space
Phits
Cap isn't really a concern. They can find a way to make cap space if necessary, much like they are doing now.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 30 2016, 02:15 PM) *
I agree but there is only so much $ under the cap. That is something they could do if they don't bring back SamB. That is why I like the idea of trading down in the first and selecting a Right OT/OG

Thurmond might not fit the system. Schwartz might want a true strong safety.

If they can't afford to sign Curry, they might trade down and pick a DE in the first, OT/OG in the second, Mike LB with one 3rd round pick, SS and OG with the other 3rd, 4th or 5th.

I doubt that with all of the QB coaches on staff they could resist drafting a QB to develop.

Andy R is a friend and mentor. I don't see them messing with Andy's players unless Andy doesn't need them.

I agree with you; however, I don't see the room under the cap to do it with Bradford on the roster.

Do they want to be a playoff contender or to shoot for the Super Bowl?

If they want the latter they probably need the best QB they can find--Bradford or high draft pick who can develop into above average QB.

They can be a playoff contender very soon with Sanchez and a very solid supporting cast.
nephillymike
I like the idea of 9 picks.

9 Lottery tickets is always better than 7!!
Joegrane
That is by renegotiating with players or releasing them.

Celek's $5mil savings is no longer available.

Extending Peters does not seem wise given his health.

This recent post expresses it very well.
http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=80427

QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 30 2016, 05:41 PM) *
Cap isn't really a concern. They can find a way to make cap space if necessary, much like they are doing now.
D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 30 2016, 07:15 PM) *

You do get the concept that these extensions created cap room, not used it up. Right?
Eyrie
Is there any position on the team where BPA at #13 wouldn't improve us?

I might say TE, but only because of the two extensions.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 31 2016, 05:13 PM) *
You do get the concept that these extensions created cap room, not used it up. Right?

You would think that would be the case.

But according to the cap source cited in my other post, the three signings cost us 3.5M in 2016 cap over what we had.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 31 2016, 09:55 PM) *
You would think that would be the case.

But according to the cap source cited in my other post, the three signings cost us 3.5M in 2016 cap over what we had.

Have you found anything to corroborate this yet? Other than Sporttrac? Where do they get their details? It would seem odd and improbable, especially for Howie, if that were the case.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 31 2016, 11:36 PM) *
Have you found anything to corroborate this yet? Other than Sporttrac? Where do they get their details? It would seem odd and improbable, especially for Howie, if that were the case.

Nothing other than Spotrac.

Sadly, over the cap has none of the Eagles new contracts updated.

How the heck a cap site doesn't have it updated, who knows. Maybe the site is on vacation!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.