Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sounds like Fletcher is close to signing too
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/...-lineman-rumors

Looks like Howie is trying to win back the fans in the only way he knows how...

Eyrie
Extending Cox would the icing on the cake after Ertz and Johnson.
make_it_rain
It's Eliot Shor Parks, so take this with a HEAVY grain of salt.

If there is any truth to this though, its fantastic news. I also read a tweet from Mclane that a lot of these new deals are also moving money around a bit to actually free up cap space, so its not inconceivable they could still sign Bradford, especially given we dont know the cap and its obv expected to go up.

Now sign Vinny Curry. Schwartz was on WIP this morning and confirmed they're going back to the 4-3. So the line would be something like some combination of Barwin/Graham/Curry at the ends and Cox and Bennie Logan as DT (this assuming that we lose Thornton in FA). I would be more than OK with that.
Reality Fan
Do not be surprised if Peters is restructured and Ryans and Sanchez released....lots more cap room coming...
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 29 2016, 04:45 PM) *
Do not be surprised if Peters is restructured and Ryans and Sanchez released....lots more cap room coming...

I'm Peters' biggest fan, but I just don't know what he's got left in the tank.

It sounds like I'm almost talking about cutting him, doesn't it.
Eyrie
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 29 2016, 11:49 PM) *
I'm Peters' biggest fan, but I just don't know what he's got left in the tank.

It sounds like I'm almost talking about cutting him, doesn't it.

The question is whether 2015 was the result of injuries or evidence of his decline.

If it's the former, restructuring him is fine. If it's the latter, I'd consider trading him because, whilst I like the player, I like the team more and need to see if we can get any value for him.
nephillymike
He is signed through '18.

To restructure with any cap savings would mean extending that until '19.

Doesn't seem to make sense.

Unless you cut him, and ask him to take less which I can't imagine him doing.

Not impossible, but I would think improbable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.