Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opinions Solicited
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Let's suppose that this is the situation you find us in:

1. We can't make the cap room in a responsible manner to free up enough cap to franchise Bradford

2. The estimate of what deal it would take to sign Bradford is 4 yrs, $72M total, $40M guaranteed (in either SB or SAL)

Do you sign Bradford to that deal or not?

What's it gonna be boy.............................Yes or No??

For purposes of this what-if, please don't argue points 1 and 2. Assume those are the facts.

Anyone??
samaroo
When does this deal need to be done by? I'm asking what the deadlines are because I don't know, not as a counterpoint.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 26 2016, 08:30 PM) *

1. We can't make the cap room in a responsible manner to free up enough cap to franchise Bradford

2. The estimate of what deal it would take to sign Bradford is 4 yrs, $72M total, $40M guaranteed (in either SB or SAL)

For purposes of this what-if, please don't argue points 1 and 2. Assume those are the facts.

Anyone??

You left out the transition tag, average of top ten instead of five. If we really want him this method leaves us right to match any offer another team gives him, and if someone wants to give him real stupid money...see ya! I know its not part of the choices, but it is the option I would consider.
Reality Fan

Anyone??

whoa......always worry when someone...especially any guy with "numbers" in his nom de guerre, tells me to assume his facts....is that your version of "trust me"?

Fuck it....I sign him
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 26 2016, 08:47 PM) *
When does this deal need to be done by? I'm asking what the deadlines are because I don't know, not as a counterpoint.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/16/7989...-suh-dez-bryant

Last year, 2/16 was the first day franchise tags could be applied, 3/2 is the last day the tag could be applied, 3/11 was the start of free agency, 7/15 was the last day franchise players could sign a long term deal.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jan 26 2016, 08:52 PM) *
You left out the transition tag, average of top ten instead of five. If we really want him this method leaves us right to match any offer another team gives him, and if someone wants to give him real stupid money...see ya! I know its not part of the choices, but it is the option I would consider.

Assume we won't have the money for the transition tag either as it's cap is only a few mill less.
samaroo
I think I do, too.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 26 2016, 08:55 PM) *
whoa......always worry when someone...especially any guy with "numbers" in his nom de guerre, tells me to assume his facts....is that your version of "trust me"?

Fuck it....I sign him

You, of all people, are NOT trusting my numbers as we have a beers and wings bet evidence of your mistrust!!
Pila
I'm convinced he's the real deal, thus it would be pretty stupid to let a franchise QB sign elsewhere.
mcnabbulous
I don't think I've ever been more torn on an Eagles player or prospect.

I would probably try to trade him at this point, assuming that's an option. If he showed a little mobility this year, my opinion may have been different. He just looks so frail, it's hard to see him being a legit long-term answer. With that said, he did seem to overcome some big hits.
Reality Fan
It is Philadelphia so he will likely sign and then trip as he steps from the podium and tear his ACL so badly he is out for 4 years and we are on the hook for his money...
bwc2112

Anyone??

I always thought Meatloaf sucked.
Zero
Here's an anonymous, guest opinion:
While this is just one opinion, I asked an agent that represents one of the best quarterbacks in the league what he thinks Bradford is worth.

"$7-$8 million," said the agent. "He isn't that good."
Opinions are like ...
D Rock
Hell yes I sign that deal. Sam is ready to break out. To protect yourself, front load the contract so there's little dead money if he falls apart, and try to slip in some injury clauses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.