Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just curious
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
Let's say Cleveland takes Goff at #2
Then Dallas takes Wentz at #4
San Diego decides to ride Rivers a couple more years and Chip Kelly wants to see what he can do with Kaepernick
Suddenly, there sets Paxton Lynch at #13

Do you take him?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 25 2016, 11:50 PM) *
Let's say Cleveland takes Goff at #2
Then Dallas takes Wentz at #4
San Diego decides to ride Rivers a couple more years and Chip Kelly wants to see what he can do with Kaepernick
Suddenly, there sets Paxton Lynch at #13

Do you take him?

no....I trade down and try to pick up a 2nd round pick...draft offensive linemen and take Coker in the 5th round...
Eagle2720
Lynch is all hype and doesn't impress me much. But please no Coker.. I am begging of you. Alabama QBs of late are not good and don't transition to the NFL well or produce.
Zero
I guess it depends on if Bradford stays. If he does, they don't draft a QB high but probably later for development. Coker might be someone to groom.

Dallas taking a QB makes a lot of sense ... you think Jones will do that?
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 26 2016, 05:26 AM) *
I guess it depends on if Bradford stays. If he does, they don't draft a QB high but probably later for development. Coker might be someone to groom.

Dallas taking a QB makes a lot of sense ... you think Jones will do that?

It would be a good move. But drafting that high to pick somebody who won't be instantly available to draw fans for the stadium would go against every instinct Jones has. So I don't know if he could take the long view or not.

But that sort of applies to you guys in a different way. Has Bradford ever really done anything to suggest he's a long term solution?
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 26 2016, 08:50 AM) *
It would be a good move. But drafting that high to pick somebody who won't be instantly available to draw fans for the stadium would go against every instinct Jones has. So I don't know if he could take the long view or not.

But that sort of applies to you guys in a different way. Has Bradford ever really done anything to suggest he's a long term solution?

That also depends. He's a unique case because of the combination of draft pedigree and injuries. Some believe Bradford has reached his limit and, assuming health will be no more than an average NFL QB. If the Eagles are in that camp, they may be trying to increase his value by building him up and expressing favor. There are others who think he could potentially be a SB QB given the right system and supporting talent. It's going to be an interesting thing to watch.

I think Jerry will go for the splash, a high profile DL maybe. His son may argue logic and go QB so it depends on who wins the argument. A QB is better long term but a pass rusher or LB will give more immediate results.
samaroo
Yes. I like Wentz more, but yes. We don't have a franchise QB. We need to get one.
mcnabbulous
Pass on Lynch.

I'd prefer taking a chance on Brissett later.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 26 2016, 07:02 PM) *
Pass on Lynch.

I'd prefer taking a chance on Brissett later.

I don't think he is even close to a guy Pederson will touch....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 26 2016, 06:39 PM) *
I don't think he is even close to a guy Pederson will touch....

Why's that? He checks a lot of boxes. QB mobility is a pretty key part of Andy's offense.

Coker blows, btw.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 26 2016, 08:27 AM) *
I think Jerry will go for the splash, a high profile DL maybe. His son may argue logic and go QB so it depends on who wins the argument. A QB is better long term but a pass rusher or LB will give more immediate results.

Yeah, I can see that argument going something like this.

Stephen: Okay, it's our turn and Wentz is still there. Let's get him.
Jerry: What? Don't be silly. We're getting Bosa.
Stephen: Bosa? But Bosa is a defensive lineman. Wentz is a blue chip QB.
Jerry: We've already got Romo, and Bosa gets sacks. The crowd loves sacks.
Stephen: Dad! Romo is 36 years old! That's 112 in football years!
Jerry: He's still got two or three years left on his contract...and the crowd loves sacks.
Stephen: Dad. We may not draft this high again for a long time. This is our chance to insure the future.
Jerry: Future schmuture! The crowd loves sacks! Besides, I've already taken care of our QB problem.
Stephen: Huh? You did? Waitaminute...what did you do?
Jerry: I knew you were going to be fussing about a quarterback so I went ahead and covered ourselves on that matter so I could get Bosa. The crowd loves sacks!
Stephen: *twitch* What...did...you...DO? *twitch*
Jerry: I traded with Cleveland for Johnny Manziel! He's popular around these parts!
Stephen: Johnny Manziel! You TRADED for Johnny Manziel!
Jerry: Yep! He was a first round pick and I just got him for a second and a fourth! Pretty sharp, huh!"
Stephen: *twitch* *twitch*
Jerry: You see, you're old man's still got it.
Stephen: *grabs bottle of booze* I'm gonna go sit down now.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 26 2016, 09:17 PM) *
Why's that? He checks a lot of boxes. QB mobility is a pretty key part of Andy's offense.

I guess we know who's going to be a bust now.....And Andy doesn't coach us anymore.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 26 2016, 05:15 AM) *
no....I trade down and try to pick up a 2nd round pick...draft offensive linemen and take Coker in the 5th round...

This, but for the Coker part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.