Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, How about this theory ?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bwc2112
Living in the Charlotte N.C. area(40 miles North) , The Carolina Panthers are going to the Super Bowl.
Why? Relatively no before this season, hotshot, me me players. Just a bunch of guys that Jelled as a complete football team with a goal. Would I have saw this at the beginning of the season.Hell NO! Eagles make division Champs and a post season debut. Sure. Maybe we need to concentrate on new talent we can jell into a dominant power house similar to the days gone past. AT least the wife's happy yesterday I got and extra week on the bathroom remodel.
Eyrie
One of the good things about the NFL is how quickly things can be turned round.

Let's hope our personnel guys and coaches t do just that.
Phits
Bear in mind that they finished 12-4 2 seasons ago and this is their third consecutive division title. That's not quite the same situation as we are in. Plus, it helps when you have a franchise talent (at QB) to build around.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 26 2016, 04:02 PM) *
Bear in mind that they finished 12-4 2 seasons ago and this is their third consecutive division title. That's not quite the same situation as we are in. Plus, it helps when you have a franchise talent (at QB) to build around.

Yep. This isn't some Cinderella worst to first story. No one saw 15-1 coming, but this was a solid team waiting for their former #1 pick to take the next step. He did.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 26 2016, 05:09 PM) *
Yep. This isn't some Cinderella worst to first story. No one saw 15-1 coming, but this was a solid team waiting for their former #1 pick to take the next step. He did.

Their D was remarkable, but that was expected. What amazes me about their performance this season is that Cam looked better than ever without a real #1 WR.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 26 2016, 06:27 PM) *
Their D was remarkable, but that was expected. What amazes me about their performance this season is that Cam looked better than ever without a real #1 WR.

Cam reminds me a lot of early McNabb. Unlike McNabb, Cam benefits from Rivera being a great gameday coach and calling a great game, not putting too much on his shoulders. He takes care of the rest. It's depressing, this could've been us in the early 2000's. The Panthers will be a great team for a long time.
nephillymike
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Jan 25 2016, 07:39 PM) *
AT least the wife's happy yesterday I got and extra week on the bathroom remodel.

Eh, bw, eh, how should I say this,

as a married man if THAT is all you got for the Panthers trip to the Super Bowl, I think you need to fire your agent and get a new one who can negotiate a better deal. biggrin.gif
bwc2112
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 26 2016, 03:16 PM) *
One of the good things about the NFL is how quickly things can be turned round.

Let's hope our personnel guys and coaches t do just that.

I defiantly agree.
Once you get to big of a head, it will turn on you.
bwc2112
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 26 2016, 05:02 PM) *

For many years we were Dallas' Jock strap washers, Then one wonderful year !!!!!! We said Fuck this. And those pompous ass munchers bowed to us. ( My brother in Law didn't have the money to cover the bet, Dallas fan) I paid ..... Loved it, and he will never live it down.
bwc2112
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 26 2016, 08:33 PM) *
Eh, bw, eh, how should I say this,

as a married man if THAT is all you got for the Panthers trip to the Super Bowl, I think you need to fire your agent and get a new one who can negotiate a better deal. biggrin.gif

Married thirty two years, I really don't think an agent could negotiate. Although, we have a dog she likes better. So I getaway with a ton of shit most can't. laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 26 2016, 04:27 PM) *

He was trending in that direction, but last year he was pretty banged up throughout. It is notable that he's playing in his third year with the same OC, which does seem to result in nice progression for a lot of guys.

The guy is just unbelievable. I just read somewhere (not sure or I'd link it) that his Auburn team didn't produce any other offensive pros besides him. They went 8-5 in the years before and after his 14-0 campaign.

He's not really physically comparable to any other guy that has played the position.

samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 27 2016, 11:56 AM) *
He's not really physically comparable to any other guy that has played the position.

He's like Big Ben and Vick had a kid. There's been lots of athletes play QB, but when one finally puts it all together, it's scary. Glad he's not in the East!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 26 2016, 09:56 PM) *
He was trending in that direction, but last year he was pretty banged up throughout. It is notable that he's playing in his third year with the same OC, which does seem to result in nice progression for a lot of guys.

The guy is just unbelievable. I just read somewhere (not sure or I'd link it) that his Auburn team didn't produce any other offensive pros besides him. They went 8-5 in the years before and after his 14-0 campaign.

when you look at his Auburn team it is sick how well he did.....they had 1 guy who has played a little in the CFL after a cup of coffee in the NFL.....he is a man among boys....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 26 2016, 09:19 PM) *
when you look at his Auburn team it is sick how well he did.....they had 1 guy who has played a little in the CFL after a cup of coffee in the NFL.....he is a man among boys....

Yeah, I was just looking at the roster and the only name I even recognized was Michael Dyer and he is so mediocre that I originally typed Jonathan Dwyer and had to double-check...then realized it was Michael Dyer.

D Rock
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 26 2016, 10:33 PM) *
Cam reminds me a lot of early McNabb. Unlike McNabb, Cam benefits from Rivera being a great gameday coach and calling a great game, not putting too much on his shoulders. He takes care of the rest. It's depressing, this could've been us in the early 2000's. The Panthers will be a great team for a long time.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cam has more talent in his pinky toe than Supa5 could dream of.
The Franchise
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 27 2016, 01:10 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cam has more talent in his pinky toe than Supa5 could dream of.

Hater crap aside, their stats are pretty similar for the first few years of their career, and they both broke out in their 5th full year (McNabb's year 5 being superior to Cam's stat-wise, and also including a Super Bowl).

Cam has the obvious advantage of being utilized perfectly with good gameday coaching, something Supa5 never had.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 27 2016, 12:16 PM) *
Hater crap aside, their stats are pretty similar for the first few years of their career, and they both broke out in their 5th full year (McNabb's year 5 being superior to Cam's stat-wise, and also including a Super Bowl).

Cam has the obvious advantage of being utilized perfectly with good gameday coaching, something Supa5 never had.

Convenient twisting of reality.

Cam is in his 5th year. Donovan was in his 6th full year. Cam is two years younger. Cam's numbers are objectively more impressive, considering he accounted for 11 more total TDs on the season.

This, despite the fact that he's playing for, unquestionably, a worse offensive coach and has been his entire career.

Donovan was a good QB and (until letting himself go) an impressive physical specimen. Cam is an absolute freak and they're not really comparable. Cam had 2 inches and 25 pounds on Donovan coming out of college.
The Franchise

No, just more facts that you will deny.

I said FULL year, not the Pederson throwaway year. McNabb's 5th full year was a Super Bowl appearance. Same with Cam. Their numbers are pretty similar, with some numbers overall favoring Cam (such as passer rating) , and some favoring McNabb (such as td/int ratio). In their 5th full years, their stats are eerily similar, with Donovan being a few points higher in passer rating.

This, despite the fact that he's playing for, unquestionably, a worse offensive coach and has been his entire career.

Only to a fanboy. To anyone rational, Cam is in a significantly better coaching situation. Mike Shula (you may have heard of his father) has utilized him brilliantly, and Ron Rivera manages the game well. Cam has and will continue to benefit from superior coaching to whatever McNabb had. He's about to win a ring because of it, and Mike Shula can write his own ticket to a head coaching job, where he will no doubt pile on a couple more rings. Andy and Chip will never win one.

Donovan was a good QB and (until letting himself go) an impressive physical specimen. Cam is an absolute freak and they're not really comparable. Cam had 2 inches and 25 pounds on Donovan coming out of college.

Donovan lost his greatest asset, his legs, after a while. If Cam stays in shape he'll have a longer and better career. They're comparable in every way except a couple inches of height. I know you're a hater, but the numbers don't lie.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 27 2016, 03:02 PM) *

Cam is in his 5th year. Donovan was in his 6th full year. Cam is two years younger. Cam's numbers are objectively more impressive, considering he accounted for 11 more total TDs on the season.

While I don't compare their situations at all McNabb did not let himself go as much as take steps to protect himself from getting pummeled....you seem to forget the beatings he took trying to carry an offense by himself...at least Newton always had Olsen and he had Steve Smith...and Chudzinski led his inaugural OC team to be top ten in Cleveland so he was not exactly a poor OC....Reid seemed hell bent on making McNabb do more with less...

That being said, Newton is a bigger, stronger version of McNabb...Newton is 6'5"....McNabb is 6'2"

Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 27 2016, 03:37 PM) *
While I don't compare their situations at all McNabb

Their situations are near mirror reflections of one another.

That being said, Newton is a bigger, stronger version of McNabb...Newton is 6'5"....McNabb is 6'2"

Not to mention .... Carolina runs the ball. Riverboat Ron has a near 50/50 run/pass ratio
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 27 2016, 03:51 PM) *
Not to mention .... Carolina runs the ball. Riverboat Ron has a near 50/50 run/pass ratio

Riverboat Ron doesn't have anything to do with that offense. It's Mike Shula, who has been a pretty historically abysmal OC. This is the first time one of his offenses have finished higher than 18th in points scored.

This is all Cam, make no mistake.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 27 2016, 04:58 PM) *
Riverboat Ron doesn't have anything to do with that offense. It's Mike Shula, who has been a pretty historically abysmal OC. This is the first time one of his offenses have finished higher than 18th in points scored.

You are so pathetic it's unbelievable.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 27 2016, 08:37 PM) *
While I don't compare their situations at all McNabb did not let himself go as much as take steps to protect himself from getting pummeled....you seem to forget the beatings he took trying to carry an offense by himself...at least Newton always had Olsen and he had Steve Smith...and Chudzinski led his inaugural OC team to be top ten in Cleveland so he was not exactly a poor OC....Reid seemed hell bent on making McNabb do more with less...

Horse Hockey!

The lazy ass drunk got fat. Simple as that.
Phits

Ron or Mike doesn't matter, my point was that they have a balanced run/pass ratio. Which is something we went away from as soon as we got T.O. That seems to coincide with your opinion of the start of McNabb's decline.

You don't have to sell me on Cam. I'm a fan.
Reality Fan

I have to ask...do you just spout out stuff or do you even care if you know what you are talking about? Mike Shula's last stop as an OC was Tampa and they had a great running game with him....their problem was that they gave him no WRs....and he had Trent Dilfer.....their passing was empty of talent unless you think Reidel Anthony was a stud...they got Green his last year there....if you have no clue about something...in this case. Mike Shula's history...just say it.....he had good running backs and hence, he used them and had a running game that ranked 22nd with Rhett who got hurt....then 11th with Dunn....and then 4th with Dunn....they slipped to middle of the pack his last year....so history is not so abysmal...

In the NFL it is never just one guy...ask that guy in Green Bay
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 27 2016, 05:42 PM) *
Horse Hockey!

The lazy ass drunk got fat. Simple as that.

must I make you look silly again and with this....the last time I made you look foolish with this claim I thought we were over it....

I can post the pictures by year again.....you will look silly...I will be bored and on we go....

He may not have worked out his last few years after he just decided to collect a check but the pics as an Eagle clearly show even late in his career he was jacked up......not a good move on his part but he was gym big...not doritos big
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 27 2016, 10:57 PM) *
must I make you look silly again and with this....the last time I made you look foolish with this claim I thought we were over it....

I can post the pictures by year again.....you will look silly...I will be bored and on we go....

He may not have worked out his last few years after he just decided to collect a check but the pics as an Eagle clearly show even late in his career he was jacked up......not a good move on his part but he was gym big...not doritos big

LMAO

Lazy Fucker Got Fat. (period)

You can come with all your condescending blow hard bullshit til the cows come home. Wont change the fact that the drunken lazy slob got fat.

'ta
mcnabbulous
Apparently having a good running game makes one a good OC. Hmmm the more you know.

Never fucking finished higher than 18th in scoring. I don't give a shit how you twist it.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 27 2016, 07:39 PM) *
Apparently having a good running game makes one a good OC. Hmmm the more you know.

Never fucking finished higher than 18th in scoring. I don't give a shit how you twist it.

No, having Trent Dilfer lead you to 3 straight playoff appearances makes you a good OC. Since he arrived in Carolina Cam has exploded, and he's about to win a ring. Maybe he learned something from his pops, one of the great coaches ever? In the meantime, you'll make every excuse imaginable as to why Fatass and Genius never win shit.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 27 2016, 06:10 PM) *
LMAO

Lazy Fucker Got Fat. (period)

You can come with all your condescending blow hard bullshit til the cows come home. Wont change the fact that the drunken lazy slob got fat.

'ta

What is condescending? the proof is in the pictures.....I guess your bad memory is better proof than his TC pictures through the years.....

Here is 2008.....you wish you could still see your ab lines like that fat ass...now who is the blowhard?

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2008/7/...abb-i-m-feeling
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 27 2016, 05:48 PM) *
No, having Trent Dilfer lead you to 3 straight playoff appearances makes you a good OC.

I mean, you and I both know you're full of shit...that's obvious. But c'mon man.

They made the playoffs 2 of Shula's 4 years as OC. In those seasons, the Bucs finished 2nd and 3rd in points allowed respectively. They finished 23rd and 27th in scoring offense.

There are a lot of things wrong with suggesting that Trent Dilfer "lead" them to "3 straight playoff appearances. The fact that he got Tony Dungy canned Shula's ass after the 99 season suggests I'm not the only one that thinks he wasn't pulling his weight.
Since he arrived in Carolina Cam has exploded, and he's about to win a ring.

No. He exploded this year. I credit more of that to Cam than Shula, but I'm not spewing shit over here.

The general consensus prior to this year was that Shula was on the verge of being canned.

Maybe he learned something from his pops, one of the great coaches ever?

Hahah, okay. You can support the NFL's nepotism policy. I'll pass.

In the meantime, you'll make every excuse imaginable as to why Fatass and Genius never win shit.

I assume Fatass is Andy, but I'm not sure who Genius is under these circumstances. You'll have to enlighten me.
Reality Fan
ummmm...maybe it was the emergence of Green and they finally got a 2nd stud WR in some guy named Keyshawn that finally turned their offense around...funny how players make an OC look better...not to mention they also got rid of Dilfer....crazy, isn't it?

To say that Shula did a lousy job when you look at the players he had demonstrates a total lack of understanding or reasoning....Dilfer's highest rating was 82 for God's sake.....bad QB...bad WRs....mediocre TE....truly the seeds of success for any OC
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 27 2016, 07:36 PM) *
ummmm...maybe it was the emergence of Green and they finally got a 2nd stud WR in some guy named Keyshawn that finally turned their offense around...funny how players make an OC look better...not to mention they also got rid of Dilfer....crazy, isn't it?

To say that Shula did a lousy job when you look at the players he had demonstrates a total lack of understanding or reasoning....Dilfer's highest rating was 82 for God's sake.....bad QB...bad WRs....mediocre TE....truly the seeds of success for any OC

Seriously, Mike Shula had done absolutely nothing as a coach in his career until this year. Are you guys fucking kidding me?

They got rid of Dilfer and he went on to win the Superbowl the very next fucking year.

Getting rid of Mike Shula seemed to benefit their offense more than anything else. They had Jacquezz fucking Green in '99 and 2000. Their QB's had the essentially the same stats in '99 and 2000.

Their offense ranked 27th in scoring in '99 and 6th in scoring in 2000. The biggest difference was that they shitcanned their terrible offensive coordinator. Talk about revisionist fucking history.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.