Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marcus Smith
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I have no idea if this guy is any good. He looked pretty decent in the game against the Giants, the only game he's had any kind of snaps. I was wondering if Kelly was pissed that he was a Howie pick, maybe he had a fight over who to pick and lost. Is it possible he was being vindictive and wanted to make sure Smith had no success just to show up Howie?

Catching up on paperwork has me bleary eyed.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 25 2016, 03:24 PM) *
I have no idea if this guy is any good. He looked pretty decent in the game against the Giants, the only game he's had any kind of snaps. I was wondering if Kelly was pissed that he was a Howie pick, maybe he had a fight over who to pick and lost. Is it possible he was being vindictive and wanted to make sure Smith had no success just to show up Howie?

One of the great things Chip did was making sure that bust stayed off the field. He's terrible.
Eyrie
Maybe Smith will do better in a new role, but he'll need to bulk up for DE so it's more likely he'll be at LB.
CT_Eagle
I am always hopeful that Smith can be salvaged but I would not bet one penny on it actually happening.
Reality Fan
While I don't think he is a stud I think Kelly was partly responsible for his lack of growth.....Kelly made sure he was a failure...he has a deep vindictive streak that he plays off......we saw that with McCoy and Jackson and Boykin.....all moves had cover but he could do nothing with Smith so he did the next best thing
Joegrane
If he is a LB, is he a SAM?

I assume he'll be a pass-rushing 4-3 DE after bulking up last year.

I fear you could be correct about Chip. Maybe Chip could not cut him because of the cap implications.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 25 2016, 02:29 PM) *
One of the great things Chip did was making sure that bust stayed off the field. He's terrible.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 25 2016, 05:20 PM) *
If he is a LB, is he a SAM?

I assume he'll be a pass-rushing 4-3 DE after bulking up last year.

I fear you could be correct about Chip. Maybe Chip could not cut him because of the cap implications.

knowing Chip he kept him on just as a fuck you to Howie that he could not forget...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.