Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Isn't it amazing?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
The Franchise
That Peyton Manning managed a Super Bowl appearance without the genius of Adam Gase?!?!? laugh.gif

In other news, McDermott's 17-1 defense just embarrassed the Cards. Thank God we get to sit here and debate the merits of Doug Pederson's 5 minute drill, as our birds couldn't even be bothered to interview McD. rolleyes.gif
Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 25 2016, 01:44 PM) *
That Peyton Manning managed a Super Bowl appearance without the genius of Adam Gase?!?!? laugh.gif

In other news, McDermott's 17-1 defense just embarrassed the Cards. Thank God we get to sit here and debate the merits of Doug Pederson's 5 minute drill, as our birds couldn't even be bothered to interview McD. rolleyes.gif

I know you realize this, but I'll say it anyway. Being a successful coordinator does not mean he'll be a successful HC. And that's not an endorsement of Dougie or his hire.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 25 2016, 12:47 PM) *
I know you realize this, but I'll say it anyway. Being a successful coordinator does not mean he'll be a successful HC. And that's not an endorsement of Dougie or his hire.

This moron to too oblivious to see the irony and contradiction within his own post.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 25 2016, 01:47 PM) *

It certainly helps. And it certainly is interesting that we're 'debating' the merits of a 5 minute drill with a fanboy, while McD is going to the Super Bowl and we couldn't even be bothered to interview him.
Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 25 2016, 02:26 PM) *
It certainly helps. And it certainly is interesting that we're 'debating' the merits of a 5 minute drill with a fanboy, while McD is going to the Super Bowl and we couldn't even be bothered to interview him.

Shoulda interviewed him, but then we don't know how things were left when he was let go.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 25 2016, 02:46 PM) *
Shoulda interviewed him, but then we don't know how things were left when he was let go.

No one else wanted him. I don't know why we should have done anything with him.
Reality Fan
One thing I don't get is this burning desire to interview everybody......the Eagles had no interest in McDermott...why interview him? There is clearly a history and they know the guy and they knew enough about him to decide they had no interest....what is so hard to understand about that?

Why not interview Lovie Smith....Brian Billick, Mike Shanahan, Mike Ditka, Don Shula (is he alive?), Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels, Joh Madden )is he still alive?) Jim Harbaugh, Vic Fangio, ......fuck it...interview everyone ever thought to be an NFL coach, coordinator or QB coach,,,,,,they did not do this so their search had to suck....lol

The madness never stops...lol
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 25 2016, 05:25 PM) *
One thing I don't get is this burning desire to interview everybody......the Eagles had no interest in McDermott...why interview him? There is clearly a history and they know the guy and they knew enough about him to decide they had no interest....what is so hard to understand about that?

Obviously they had no interest in him. That's the point - maybe the guy who studied under JJ and is 17-1 and going to the Super Bowl could at least be texted or something? Especially when they gave Coughlin a fake interview?

I think they wanted Pederson all along, and went through the motions of pretending to do a thorough research, and not doing a very good job of it. Andy Part II, a guy maybe Howie thinks he can control, etc.

Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 25 2016, 06:54 PM) *
Especially when they gave Coughlin a fake interview?

...and the fake Shurmur interview (btw/ he's Minny's new Assistant Coach)...and the fake interview to Duce Staley to avoid the Rooney Rule.

They wanted Pederson and tried their best to deceive everybody.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 25 2016, 08:53 PM) *
They wanted Pederson and tried their best to deceive everybody.

Seriously, 3 minutes of Lurie droning on about how elaborate their search process was at the presser didn't work on you either? laugh.gif

These people lie worse than politicians.
nephillymike
With regard to McDermott, you can read a post by me early on when I said he was my candidate of choice.

I'm OK with him not being interviewed.

They had no intention of hiring him.

Listening to Trot and Hollis, the dude lost the room when he was DC here. They did not respect him.

Right or wrong, they didn't. Lurie and Howie saw it first hand and sometimes if the impression was strong enough for him to get fired in an atmosphere where firing Andy's coaches was not often done, it says a lot.

Now he can change, no doubt. But if that impression was strong enough, I don't criticise them for passing over him.

Personal experience has a strong effect.

mcnabbulous
Literally no one else wanted this guy. Rivera is the brains down there.

McDermott's horrible desire to drop LBs to cover WRs might work a little better with Thomas Davis and Keuchly, but we saw how it works with mere mortals.
samaroo
Maybe we should sign Derek Anderson! His team is 17-1 and going to the Super Bowl!
Reality Fan
I think Mikey nailed it....he left a bad taste in their mouth when he left.....whether it was the word from the players or his reaction to getting the boot....they saw it firsthand and it apparently left them with no desire to even bring him in for a courtesy interview....I think they might have done the courtesy thing if he had not gone on the radio....

The way these things work and if McDermott is as much of an ego as has been reported I would not be surprised if Howie called him up to discuss an interview and he told them they had to come to him and they told him to wait for their call.....so many crazy stories come out of these coaching searches..

The more I look at the whole process I would not be surprised if pederson was their guy all along and their idea of an extensive search was trying to find a guy to change their mind.....
The Franchise
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 25 2016, 09:43 PM) *
Maybe we should sign Derek Anderson! His team is 17-1 and going to the Super Bowl!

You're appropriately tagged.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.