Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This isn't confidence building stuff
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
OK, so now the Eagles have essentially three QB coaches? A reporter from San Diego on Reich:
He went away from just about anything that worked offensively, stuck with things that didn't, and forced the ball to certain players for reasons other than "trying to win the game". He took the rushing offense from 12th best in the league to 31st.

Most criminally, Reich got scared. He leaned almost entirely on draws and shotgun passes because they offered Philip Rivers an extra quarter-second of security, and became incredibly predictable and utterly ineffective in the process. That reliance on offensive linemen moving backwards led to the catastrophic injuries across the line over the last two seasons, if you ask me.

Also, the team didn't really lose anything by him leaving. Mike McCoy was hired because of his own excellent play-calling, Philip Rivers called most of the plays at the line of scrimmage anyway, and the offensive strategy has only gotten worse and worse since Ken Whisenhunt left. Having Whisenhunt available (he was eventually hired to replace his own successor) made it incredibly easy for the team to move on from Reich.
Linc ...
nephillymike
Ouch!!

I really wanted Shurmur.

Seems a luke warm endorsement at best for Reich.

We'll see.

At least we got a solid DC and we kept Fipp.

As Meatloaf says, "Two out of Three Ain't Bad"
mcnabbulous
The third paragraph seems to conflict with the two above.

If Rivers called most of the plays at the line, then how is Reich to blame?
Reality Fan
lol...this fan blogging that becomes seen as good analysis is a bit maddening...

Just one take away from the article to prove my point?
He says that Reich called terrible plays and then seems to forget he said it by saying that Rivers called most plays at the line of scrimmage....

and he also leaves out that they were top 5 in passing.....

Not sure if Reich is good or bad but this citizen soldier stuff is getting brutal...the author is basically the same as this Brandon Lee Gowton whoever the hell that is......wait...he is the guy that wrote an article about landing spots for Bradford without doing a lick of research about the teams he listed....

Maybe I will start a blog......anyone want to be contributing editors?...lol
mcnabbulous
Edit: whoops
nd9kel
Shurmer is shipping off to Minnesota. Can Sam be far behind?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Jan 24 2016, 02:16 PM) *
Shurmer is shipping off to Minnesota. Can Sam be far behind?

You think they'd give up on Teddy for Sam? Nope.
nd9kel
Oh, there's plenty of unrest about ol' 3/4 arm.
Reality Fan
lol...why does everyone think that Shurmur and Bradford are tied at the hip?

I get that they may be friends but they are not tied together...the NFL does not work that way...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 24 2016, 03:09 PM) *
lol...why does everyone think that Shurmur and Bradford are tied at the hip?

I get that they may be friends but they are not tied together...the NFL does not work that way...

Agreed. I think he's way more likely to end up with Chip than care about Shurmer.
HobbEs
My $0.02 is that Reich is a "hurry-up" guy and they want to keep part of Chip's system. Pederson said he's calling the plays anyway.
nephillymike
I could be that Shurmer, who had more experience that Pederson and most of it as higher up than Pederson on the same team's coaching depth chart, didn't want to be second man to a guy learning to call the plays.

He and Pedey were on the same staff for quite a while here.

I understand that, but then to take a step down to TE coach? Yikes!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 26 2016, 08:42 PM) *
I could be that Shurmer, who had more experience that Pederson and most of it as higher up than Pederson on the same team's coaching depth chart, didn't want to be second man to a guy learning to call the plays.

He and Pedey were on the same staff for quite a while here.

I understand that, but then to take a step down to TE coach? Yikes!

I think a gut like him just likes to be on a staff....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.