Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chip's SF Intro Presser
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTtjlLjsVk

I'm gonna miss the fast paced quiippy pressers.

I know I'm in the minority, but I will.
Pila
I can see how Chip may have completely worn on Jeffie-

You can imagine how their meetings would go, with Jeffie telling him about the players whining to him about practices and roles on game-day, about Kelly not making enough time to address grievances... I think Chip rolled his eyes one-too-many times that Tuesday.
Phits
QUOTE (Pila @ Jan 22 2016, 10:23 AM) *
I can see how Chip may have completely worn on Jeffie-

You can imagine how their meetings would go, with Jeffie telling him about the players whining to him about practices and roles on game-day, about Kelly not making enough time to address grievances... I think Chip rolled his eyes one-too-many times that Tuesday.

Chippie probably said:
"Jeffie...you have to be a real fool to give me all of this power and then to 'about face' after a single season fo control."

Pila
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 22 2016, 03:58 PM) *
Chippie probably said:
"Jeffie...you have to be a real fool to give me all of this power and then to 'about face' after a single season fo control."

In my fantasy, Chip finally grows tired of Jeffie's constantly challenging his methods and finally starts to ridicule him openly, by rolling his eyes and sarcastically telling Jeffie to fill out grievance forms and file them with Howie while handing Jeffie blank printing paper... or better yet - used tissue...

I really wish that's how it went down now.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Jan 22 2016, 11:57 AM) *
In my fantasy, Chip finally grows tired of Jeffie's constantly challenging his methods and finally starts to ridicule him openly, by rolling his eyes and sarcastically telling Jeffie to fill out grievance forms and file them with Howie while handing Jeffie blank printing paper... or better yet - used tissue...

I am picturing Kelly giggling...standing up and turning around and dropping his sweats and telling Jeff to kiss his fat ass....and then saying "how is that for emotional intelligence?"
Phits
QUOTE (Pila @ Jan 22 2016, 11:57 AM) *

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 22 2016, 12:16 PM) *
I am picturing Kelly giggling...standing up and turning around and dropping his sweats and telling Jeff to kiss his fat ass....and then saying "how is that for emotional intelligence?"

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Pila
Jeff: Chip, what do you plan to do about these player grievances?

Chip: Who was it this week?

Jeff: Well, Murray says he wants to line up deeper in the backfield with Sam under center, it's too hard to run laterally - his wife says it doesn't favor his best side when she sees him on the tele. That and the fact that Sproles' wife is starting to make snarky comments about Murray's touches and Yards-per-carry average at their weekly book club.

Also, Cary Williams called from Seattle - he says he's still too tired from last year's brutal practice schedule... and "yes", he got his 12-hour nap on his day off.

And someone keeps pinning those fake glasses with nose and mustache glued onto this plastic, fake butt on Mark's locker and he's threatening to call the league office and file a hazing incident.

Chip: Ok, Jeff - I'll talk to Sproles about his wife and call Cary to tell him I'll ease off a bit...

Oh, and that was me putting that stuff in Mark's locker.... sorry. *suppressed giggle
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 21 2016, 11:31 PM) *
I know I'm in the minority, but I will.

That's for sure. They were a great change from Reid's pressers at first, but once you start losing.....

This is Jed York's hail mary. A couple more years of no playoffs and his parents are going to ground him.
nephillymike
Adam Caplan had an interesting detail of what went down last year.

He said Jeff had no clue of the problems in the FO.

Chip already had a prepared list of "grievances" to go over with Jeff.

A few days before the meeting, Howie fires Modrak out of the blue. Chip didn't know it was coming, and couldn't save it after the fact.

Thus Jeff's indignation at the suggestion on Sunday afternoon post game about Howie's job security.

A few days later, Howie is demoted.

Clue meet Jeff, Jeff meet clue.

The most concerning thing is Caplan says that this FO structure is still wacked and that Howie's presence will likely limit who they can get, further perpetuating the problem. It's a catch-22 because you won't be able to get a guy with enough cred to get the control you need of the position but the candidates you get, you won't trust enough on experience to give the power.

Jaws.

Don't be surprised.

Joegrane
So is your theory that Jaws knows Howie well enough to know Howie is sincerely contrite and a changed man?

Otherwise, why would Jaws want to step into that pile of dog sh...?

If Jaws survives for a year, he then proclaims to his friends around the league and in the press that Howie is a changed man and nice to work with. The Eagles then have an opportunity to attract real personnel pros. Jaws goes back to his golf course and microphone.

Is that your take or do you think Jaws really wants to get into the NFL front office business?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 22 2016, 08:58 PM) *
The most concerning thing is Caplan says that this FO structure is still wacked and that Howie's presence will likely limit who they can get,...
Jaws.

Don't be surprised.

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 22 2016, 08:58 PM) *
A few days before the meeting, Howie fires Modrak out of the blue.

Gamble?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 23 2016, 05:23 AM) *
Gamble?

Yes, my bad.

Gamble
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 22 2016, 10:25 PM) *
So is your theory that Jaws knows Howie well enough to know Howie is sincerely contrite and a changed man?

Otherwise, why would Jaws want to step into that pile of dog sh...?

If Jaws survives for a year, he then proclaims to his friends around the league and in the press that Howie is a changed man and nice to work with. The Eagles then have an opportunity to attract real personnel pros. Jaws goes back to his golf course and microphone.

Is that your take or do you think Jaws really wants to get into the NFL front office business?

I know Jaws wants in. He put word out years ago when they hired Modrak in the early days of Reid. He mentioned that story on air the other night while talking to Vermiel. Vermiel, BTW, admitted it was his arrogance that prevented Vermiel from being the coach instead of Reid.

Howie would know, under no uncertain terms, that nobody would believe him over Jaws in this city. Jaws has the cred with ownership to be able to tell it like it is and he seems like an egoless person to be able to work with Howie.

It's fair to question how skilled a college talent evaluator he is, but he watches enough tape and has enough connections that he should be good enough.

That's be a great hire given the circumstances IMO.
Zero
Being a former player and knowing how to watch tape and doing lots of it doesn't necessarily equate to knowing talent. I'm saying I have no idea if he'd be any good at it, but I too think it's a possibility. Jaws would be better than just Howie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.