Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sanchez Reunited w/ QB Coach!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
J DeFilippo was Mark's QB coach during Sanchez' rookie season with the Jets.

This is yet another indication that Sanchez will be the starter next year.

If Bradford was coming back, Shurmur would likely be on the staff.

So it makes sense to use the non exclusive franchise tag on Bradford to try to force a trade. Get a 2nd round pick, or maybe even a first for next year when the crop of starting-caliber QBs might be better. That extra 1st round pick--presumably lower third of the round from the Texans--might come in handy as they jockey for their QB of choice.

They will likely already be in decent shape to trade up into the top 10 because of their tough schedule, Sanchez, adjustment to new systems, etc.
nd9kel
We'll get what we deserve in that case.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 21 2016, 05:06 PM) *
J DeFilippo was Mark's QB coach during Sanchez' rookie season with the Jets.

This is yet another indication that Sanchez will be the starter next year.

laugh.gif

Well, we know Pederson is accustomed to the short honeymoons in this town. He won't be given nearly as much time as Chip was given before the pitchforks come out.
Joegrane
I fear you are correct.

If Bradford does not come back they'll have plenty of $ to sign FAs on D. I think the new DC will get them playing better than last season's D, although not in the first few games.

I had hoped that if Bradford and Shurmur stayed together, they could use at least some of Chips Offense and avoid a slow start. Now they have to learn a new system.

Fortunately Sanchez has some rapport with the receivers. He is also in a contract year. In contrast Bradford had big trouble connecting with the WRs in the first half of the season.

They also have a tougher schedule.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 21 2016, 05:46 PM) *
Well, we know Pederson is accustomed to the short honeymoons in this town. He won't be given nearly as much time as Chip was given before the pitchforks come out.
Reality Fan
Strange logic....

That would be like saying that the Eagles will now go after Manzel because D' Fillpo was his OC in Cleveland.

Shurmur is not here because he did not want to step back to a QB coach when he can likely get a coordinators job and is possibly the Rams next OC.....Pederson wanted his guy, that is why Reich is here. You can not forget that, like players, the coaches have options as well....they don't have to settle for jobs...at least the good ones.

Bradford going elsewhere is not an impossibility but looking at the rest of the league and the present QB situations I think he will be here and at less than people think.
Zero
I still think Pederson bringing in Chase Daniel is a real possibility. Familiarity. Draft a QB.

What would Sanchez get in a trade? Tag and trade Bradford? If you were Houston, would you draft a kid and develop him and risk losing aging vets or ... How about St Louis? Would you return that #2?
SAM I Am
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 21 2016, 05:46 PM) *
laugh.gif

Oh yes he will. Unlike Chip, Pederson knows where he stands and isn't about to upset lurie and howie's apple cart.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 22 2016, 07:23 AM) *
I still think Pederson bringing in Chase Daniel is a real possibility. Familiarity. Draft a QB.

What would Sanchez get in a trade? Tag and trade Bradford? If you were Houston, would you draft a kid and develop him and risk losing aging vets or ... How about St Louis? Would you return that #2?

That is a possibility.....this draft class does not compare to the draft class that got them McNabb but they could easily go that rute.....Danial is a FA...my only reservation is that the search and re-emergence of Roseman, do you think that the Eagles' brass is going to try for that next year......their emotional capital is pretty well spent...
The Franchise
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 22 2016, 07:40 AM) *
Oh yes he will. Unlike Chip, Pederson knows where he stands and isn't about to upset lurie and howie's apple cart.

I'm referring to the fans.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 22 2016, 09:40 AM) *
That is a possibility.....this draft class does not compare to the draft class that got them McNabb but they could easily go that rute.....Danial is a FA...my only reservation is that the search and re-emergence of Roseman, do you think that the Eagles' brass is going to try for that next year......their emotional capital is pretty well spent...

I think just the opposite. I bet they're all energized to recapture NovaCare.
Joegrane
But they know it is a HUGE decision to draft a QB, especially with all of the other needs.

What do you think of this idea?

You know I think the Texans is Bradford's landing spot. However some think they might also like Hackenburg. With Bradford's health history, it is likely that his backup will see significant action. So it is not unreasonable for them to pick up both Bradford and Hackenburg.

If the Texans were to give the Eagles their *2017* first round pick instead of 2016 2nd rounder, the Texans would still be able to draft Hackenburg--probably in low 1st or high 2nd round.

This would give the Eagles two 1st rounders to get the QB they like in 2017 when some think there will be a deeper pool of QBs.

It is still my hope that Bradford stays in Philly and Sanchez ends up being the veteran in front of Hackenburg in Texas; however the Texans have the cap space to more easily make Bradford happy.

Might the Eagles be interested in Hackenburg thinking that fans in the City of Tough Love will be a bit kinder to a Penn Stater?

Yea, I probably spend too much time thinking about these scenarios but I actually am just as interested or more in this phase of the Eagles as I am the actual games.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 22 2016, 04:59 PM) *
I think just the opposite. I bet they're all energized to recapture NovaCare.

Eagle2720
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 22 2016, 08:02 PM) *
Might the Eagles be interested in Hackenburg thinking that fans in the City of Tough Love will be a bit kinder to a Penn Stater?

Please no Hackenburg, he is terrible
Joegrane
I hope you are right.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 22 2016, 02:00 AM) *
Strange logic....

That would be like saying that the Eagles will now go after Manzel because D' Fillpo was his OC in Cleveland.

Shurmur is not here because he did not want to step back to a QB coach when he can likely get a coordinators job and is possibly the Rams next OC.....Pederson wanted his guy, that is why Reich is here. You can not forget that, like players, the coaches have options as well....they don't have to settle for jobs...at least the good ones.

Bradford going elsewhere is not an impossibility but looking at the rest of the league and the present QB situations I think he will be here and at less than people think.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.