Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Condon wanted $25 million per before the season
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Reality Fan
can't believe this but if true? WOW

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/...ason-salary-cap

(just for you Z)
nephillymike
Wow!!

He must be real good to ask for that kind of dough.

Give him $30M, just to promote the era of good feelings!! rolleyes.gif

Lurie is $13M richer than he was before Chip signed with SF.

He's got the money.
Reality Fan
I think Condon grossly overestimates what Bradford will get offered on the open market...while the 25 million is crazy I will not be shocked if the offers he fields will be in the 12-14 million range.....I don't think there will be suitors in the 18-20 range...I like the guy but his total package will be a mitigating factor in depressing the numbers..
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 19 2016, 10:44 PM) *
I think Condon grossly overestimates what Bradford will get offered on the open market...while the 25 million is crazy I will not be shocked if the offers he fields will be in the 12-14 million range.....I don't think there will be suitors in the 18-20 range...I like the guy but his total package will be a mitigating factor in depressing the numbers..

How about an atta boy double jump clappy bet.

I say he signs for over $18M per year average and over $40M guaranteed.

You taking the under?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 19 2016, 10:46 PM) *

You taking the under?

I take the under.....just can't see it happening...there have been too many misses....

Beers and wings..

BirdsWinBaby
whoaa...no wonder that deal didnt get done. this confirms reports that Condon is indeed a bulldog and good at what he does. he reps some of the highest paid players

he wanted a mega contract for a guy who wasnt even healthy yet? hadnt played a snap in almost 2 seasons?

this guy also reps Dez Bryant. last year, when JJ tried to franchise tag Dez Bryant, he threatened to hold out and miss TC and the whole season if needed. JJ had to fold and gave Dez a 5yr deal

after the season Bradford just had you think THIS AGENT will let him play under a franchise tag?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 19 2016, 10:54 PM) *
I take the under.....just can't see it happening...there have been too many misses....

Beers and wings..

Beers and wings it is.
Reality Fan
Lets look at what teams need a QB and might be a landing spot for him, there really are only 6

1. The Browns - They will draft their next QB scratch them..Hue has already stated his desire to grab one with the 2nd pick and this puts Manzel on the market further depressing Bradford's number

2. Rams....not a chance they give Bradford another windfall entering a new market.....

3. San Fran....no way they sign Bradford to big money when Kelly has the chance to work with a mobile cannon arm....

3 down leaving 3 options....

4. Houston....a possibility but word out is that one of their QBs will be a place holder for a guy they draft...you don't pay big bucks for a place holder

5. Jets....a possibility but Fitzpatrick may get a new contract there that is affordable to them and they may draft a guy to go with Bryce Petty...Gino is still there but may not have a future..

6. The Eagles

Dark horses include Denver and the Bears but highly unlikely

There really is not a huge market for him...

It is really eye-opening when you go team by team and realize just how few would sit at the table to look at Bradford..

Joegrane
That's what I expect the deal to be. I'm okay with the 3 yr deal rather than franchise tag.

Drafting a QB is such a crap shoot. Instead of a QB they could trade down somewhat, pick up the R OT of the future and probably still pick up a low 2nd rounder. If they loose Curry--less likely with the hire of Schwartz--they might need that 2nd rounder to select a 4-3 DE.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 19 2016, 10:46 PM) *

Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 19 2016, 10:35 PM) *
can't believe this but if true? WOW

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/...ason-salary-cap

(just for you Z) jumpclap.gif

If that's true it seems to be saying two things: Bradford didn't want to be here and the Eagles didn't do their homework before trading for him.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 19 2016, 11:22 PM) *
3. San Fran....no way they sign Bradford to big money when Kelly has the chance to work with a mobile cannon arm....

I won't argue except to point out that Kelly repeatedly said that he values a QB who is repetitively accurate and makes good decisions. He never added in the mobility. Of course the read option is much more effective if there's actually a thread the QB will run, but if Kaep isn't accurate and doesn't make good decisions I don't think Kelly will like him. I don't know if he is or isn't.
Phits
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jan 19 2016, 11:06 PM) *
this guy also reps Dez Bryant. last year, when JJ tried to franchise tag Dez Bryant, he threatened to hold out and miss TC and the whole season if needed. JJ had to fold and gave Dez a 5yr deal

Dallas did use the franchise tag on Dez last season. It was used as leverage to get the deal done. Bryant wanted to be the highest paid receiver, Dallas made him the second highest.
Phits
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 20 2016, 12:07 AM) *
Drafting a QB is such a crap shoot.

The draft is a crap shoot, as is free agency. Talent/personnel evaluators need to understand the needs of their system to make it work. Uber talent doesn't automatically equate to on field success.

Hell even the (real) Dream Team got their asses handed to them by a bunch of college players before they got their act together.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jan 19 2016, 11:06 PM) *
whoaa...no wonder that deal didnt get done. this confirms reports that Condon is indeed a bulldog and good at what he does. he reps some of the highest paid players

he wanted a mega contract for a guy who wasnt even healthy yet? hadnt played a snap in almost 2 seasons?

after the season Bradford just had you think THIS AGENT will let him play under a franchise tag?

no offense but Bryant had one thing Bradford does not......a strong body of work detailing him as one of the best at his position each year.....Bradford does not have that..
Zero
Former Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo will reportedly be Eagles' quarterbacks coach

This would seem to be telling us that Shurmer won't be with the Eagles this season. It also may mean that they'll look at drafting a QB to groom. There's been quite a lot of chatter about QBs and QB coaching.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 20 2016, 06:16 AM) *
If that's true it seems to be saying two things: Bradford didn't want to be here and the Eagles didn't do their homework before trading for him.

I think that it is more indicative of the Eagles offering what was seen as a lowball offer and Condon countering with a crazy number to bring the Eagles offer up considerably...
CT_Eagle
The Eagles need to seriously consider placing a non-exclusive franchise tag on Bradford. It will be a little steep if Bradford accepts it but at least the Eagles will get another season to see if he is the long term answer. If Bradford signs elsewhere the Eagles will receive 2 first round picks as compensation. Those extra picks could come in handy as the Eagles work towards finding that franchise QB.
Pila
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jan 20 2016, 03:41 PM) *
The Eagles need to seriously consider placing a non-exclusive franchise tag on Bradford. It will be a little steep if Bradford accepts it but at least the Eagles will get another season to see if he is the long term answer. If Bradford signs elsewhere the Eagles will receive 2 first round picks as compensation. Those extra picks could come in handy as the Eagles work towards finding that franchise QB.

I don't know what he's worth, but I'm convinced he's ligit.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 20 2016, 03:46 AM) *

You taking the under?

I want action on the over.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Pila @ Jan 20 2016, 06:25 PM) *
I don't know what he's worth, but I'm convinced he's ligit.

I agree. I would take a chance on him being the QB going forward and sign him to a multiyear deal. If that does not pan out the Eagles need to do whatever it takes to get some value out of him moving on.
Pila
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jan 20 2016, 06:43 PM) *
I agree. I would take a chance on him being the QB going forward and sign him to a multiyear deal. If that does not pan out the Eagles need to do whatever it takes to get some value out of him moving on.

I'm glad it isn't just me. It's been a long time I've seen a QB look this fluid playing QB.
D Rock
QUOTE (Pila @ Jan 20 2016, 06:56 PM) *
I'm glad it isn't just me. It's been a long time I've seen a QB look this fluid playing QB.

It's not just you. He's for real in my opinion.

Sadly, around here . . . he doesn't pass "the eye test" of our fellow genius football minds.

rolleyes.gif
nd9kel
QUOTE (Pila @ Jan 20 2016, 12:56 PM) *

"Fluid" That's the perfect word:

https://youtu.be/hxpk2uOVnZU
Joegrane
CT Eagle, I was not aware of the "Non-exclusive Franchise Tag." When was the last time the Eagles used it? It seems to be like restricted free agency.

Details here
http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=80334

If the Eagles really like Bradford and have sincere intention to pay him a fair price, that would be one way to do it. It would give Bradford and the Eagles a good feel for his value around the league. They would not have to be stuck with the $21 or so mil price for just a 1 year rental. They would get valuable compensation for him if he does not stay.

I wonder what the average of the top 10 QBs is? I bet it is closer to Bradford's real value. Would the Transition Tag be more appropriate? However, they would not get compensatory picks.

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jan 20 2016, 10:41 AM) *
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 20 2016, 07:44 PM) *
Would the Transition Tag be more appropriate? However, they would not get compensatory picks.

I think the "compensatory picks" you're referring to are like the two #1's for the non-exclusive signing. If Bradford signs with another team the Eagles will probably be awarded a third rounder in 2017 as a compensatory pick, but that's the NFL picks, not from another team.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 20 2016, 08:31 AM) *
no offense but Bryant had one thing Bradford does not......a strong body of work detailing him as one of the best at his position each year.....Bradford does not have that..

Hold on there bubalooey!!

What happened?

Are you getting buyer's remorse before the sale??
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 20 2016, 09:58 PM) *
Hold on there bubalooey!!

What happened?

Are you getting buyer's remorse before the sale??

not at all..just being realistic..

I like Bradford a lot but you can't compare his bargaining position to that of Dez Bryant.....

Every team in the league would pursue Dez Bryant and rightfully so..I heard Jaworski talking about how 16 teams would go after Bradford which is simply stupid....he says some pretty outlandish stuff these days...

In the AFC there are 3 teams that have unsettled QB situations...Houston, Cleveland and the Jets(although that is debatable)...maybe Buffalo but they seem pretty happy with their guy.

In the NFC there are 3 as well...Chicago(and that is very debatable), the Rams and San Fran( and they are very debatable as well)

Maybe add Jax to the list but they seem to like Bortles....that is it..there just is not a long list of suitors to bid against...

San Fran has cap room but they need so many needs that it will get eaten up....and they will likely stay with Kaepernick
The Jets don't have a lot of cap room
The Bears have cap room but that will get eaten up by Jeffries and Forte and their huge number of FAs that they will resign
The Rams have some room but need to resign Fairley and Jenkins and several other FAs especially on defense...18 all told...
Cleveland will draft a QB so they are not going to give Bradford $60 million to mentor....
Houston has a little more cap room and a long list of their own FAs to sign.....and they are likely to look at the draft...

Regardless of all the garbage they spit out about what Bradford will make when you take an objective look team by team there really is a limited market for him.
Joegrane
When I looked at the list, none of Houston's big $ FAs needed to be resigned. Did you see anyone who is going to make more than 5$mil? They have 30mil in cap space, no?

Who is going to want to go to Cleveland?

The Rams saw enough of Bradford.

It only takes one team. The Texans have all the reasons to over pay for Bradford and should be an attractive landing spot from his perspective.

Unfortunately he's gone. Hopefully the Eagles can recoup a 2nd round pick from the (non-)exclusive franchise tag process.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 20 2016, 11:53 PM) *

I like Bradford a lot but you can't compare his bargaining position to that of Dez Bryant.....

Every team in the league would pursue Dez Bryant and rightfully so....

In the AFC there are 3 teams that have unsettled QB situations...Houston, Cleveland and the Jets(although that is debatable)...maybe Buffalo but they seem pretty happy with their guy.

In the NFC there are 3 as well...Chicago(and that is very debatable), the Rams and San Fran( and they are very debatable as well)
The Rams have some room but need to resign Fairley and Jenkins and several other FAs especially on defense...18 all told...
Cleveland will draft a QB so they are not going to give Bradford $60 million to mentor....
Houston has a little more cap room and a long list of their own FAs to sign.....and they are likely to look at the draft...

mcnabbulous
I don't think the Texans will sniff Bradford. Just don't think he's O'Brien's type. I'm telling you guys, O'Brien is drafting Hackenberg. Done deal.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 21 2016, 10:59 AM) *
When I looked at the list, none of Houston's big $ FAs needed to be resigned. Did you see anyone who is going to make more than 5$mil? They have 30mil in cap space, no?

Who is going to want to go to Cleveland?

The Rams saw enough of Bradford.

It only takes one team. The Texans have all the reasons to over pay for Bradford and should be an attractive landing spot from his perspective.

Unfortunately he's gone. Hopefully the Eagles can recoup a 2nd round pick from the (non-)exclusive franchise tag process.

Well I am glad you think that none of Houston's FAs need to be signed....unfortunately they see things differently...and so do the guys that cover them....

You could say the same about Cleveland since they suck but, again, the guys who cover them see things very differently..

One name being pushed around in Houston is RG3....a return hime for the former Baylor Bear...

I think it is Cleveland if anywhere but Hue Jackson said they will use the #2 pick on a QB..if that is true then they do not sign a megacontract QB.....you sign a place holder guy..

There may be 1 or 2 teams but there is not a long list and those 2 teams will either have similar cap issues or no desire or need to overpay....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 21 2016, 11:42 AM) *
One name being pushed around in Houston is RG3....a return hime for the former Baylor Bear...

Man, there ain't no way that O'Brien would touch RG3. I'm not sure where you're hearing that, but no way.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2016, 12:50 PM) *
Man, there ain't no way that O'Brien would touch RG3. I'm not sure where you're hearing that, but no way.

why not?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 21 2016, 11:54 AM) *
why not?

Look at the guys he recruited at PSU and has brought in during his time in Houston. They don't share any of the same characteristics.

He will draft someone who is 6'4 or above, 230+ and has a big arm.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2016, 12:21 PM) *
I don't think the Texans will sniff Bradford. Just don't think he's O'Brien's type. I'm telling you guys, O'Brien is drafting Hackenberg. Done deal.

you don't think we have a shot at Hack?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2016, 01:36 PM) *
Look at the guys he recruited at PSU and has brought in during his time in Houston. They don't share any of the same characteristics.

He will draft someone who is 6'4 or above, 230+ and has a big arm.

First, Rick Smith has control over the 53, not O'Brien sowhile he has significant input, he is not the guy who makes the call.
Second, it is speculation from the Texan beat writers...Bradford is mentioned by some but dismissively so...

It will be interesting to see if they draft a guy high...I agree with you that they draft Hackenberg but it will be in the 2nd or 3rd round..which means that Bradford is not a target....
Joegrane
The Texans are a playoff team now. Do they want to wait for a rookie to develop into a playoff caliber QB?

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 21 2016, 12:21 PM) *

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 21 2016, 01:01 PM) *
you don't think we have a shot at Hack?

I don't think he'd fair well in a WCO.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 20 2016, 11:53 PM) *

Every team in the league would pursue Dez Bryant and rightfully so..I heard Jaworski talking about how 16 teams would go after Bradford which is simply stupid....he says some pretty outlandish stuff these days...

Maybe add Jax to the list but they seem to like Bortles....that is it..there just is not a long list of suitors to bid against...

San Fran has cap room but they need so many needs that it will get eaten up....and they will likely stay with Kaepernick
The Jets don't have a lot of cap room
The Bears have cap room but that will get eaten up by Jeffries and Forte and their huge number of FAs that they will resign

Regardless of all the garbage they spit out about what Bradford will make when you take an objective look team by team there really is a limited market for him.

Good analysis of the market.

Maybe it will be a buyer's market.

If I get a chance, I will take a look at all teams just from a "Is Sam better than this QB" look. That should bring more suitors than the six you mention.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 21 2016, 08:19 PM) *
Good analysis of the market.

Maybe it will be a buyer's market.

If I get a chance, I will take a look at all teams just from a "Is Sam better than this QB" look. That should bring more suitors than the six you mention.

I will help you with that...
AFC
East
NWE Brady no
NYJ Maybe Update no....they are broke
BUF Taylor doubtful Update no....they are broke
Mia Tannehill no
North
CIN Dalton no
PIT Big Ben no
BAL Flacco no
CLE Maybe
South
HOU Maybe
IND Luck no
JAX Bortles..doubtful
TEN Mariotta no
West
DEN Ostweiler...doubtful
KAN Smith no
OAK Carr no
SDG Rivers no
NFC
East
WAS Cousins no
PHI N/A
NYG Manning no
DAL Romo no
North
MIN Bridgewater no
GNB Rodgers no
DET Stafford no
CHI Cutler doubtful
South
CAR Newton no
ATL Ryan no
NOR Brees no
TAM Winston no
West
ARI Palmer no
SEA Wilson no
STL Maybe but I don't see them taking a flyer on Bradford a 2nd time
SFO Maybe
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 21 2016, 08:58 PM) *
I will help you with that...
AFC
East
NWE Brady no
NYJ Maybe
BUF Taylor doubtful
Mia Tannehill no
North
CIN Dalton no
PIT Big Ben no
BAL Flacco no
CLE Maybe
South
HOU Maybe
IND Luck no
JAX Bortles..doubtful
TEN Mariotta no
West
DEN Ostweiler...doubtful
KAN Smith no
OAK Carr no
SDG Rivers no
NFC
East
WAS Cousins no
PHI N/A
NYG Manning no
DAL Romo no
North
MIN Bridgewater no
GNB Rodgers no
DET Stafford no
CHI Cutler doubtful
South
CAR Newton no
ATL Ryan no
NOR Brees no
TAM Winston no
West
ARI Palmer no
SEA Wilson no
STL Maybe but I don't see them taking a flyer on Bradford a 2nd time
SFO Maybe

Now wait a minute!!

You list five teams who Bradford might be better than their QB?

Is that the way you wrote this??

You lost me
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 21 2016, 09:37 PM) *
Now wait a minute!!

You list five teams who Bradford might be better than their QB?

Is that the way you wrote this??

You lost me

No...whether you or I think he is the better option is irrelevant..I merely point out which teams have QBs they are sticking with and which might or will be looking

But on of those names I listed...I take him over 15 of them...I will let you wallow in agony guessing which...lol
Reality Fan
Scratch the Jets and the Bills of the list.....

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-5-tea...in-2016.html/6/

That brings it down to Houston, Cleveland, San Fran and the Rams

All figures are taken from this site and are updated
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

San Fran:
39 million under the cap and filled with holes......they have so many defensive holes it will be hard to fill them all...and they need WRs.

St. Louis:
36 million under the cap but....they need to sign their CBs Jenkins and Johnson..they will have other guys to sign as well...Sims, Barron, Mcleod...the have 18 FAs.....

Houston:
27 million under the cap and 18 FAs including 7 starters...

Cleveland:
17 million under the cap but Josh Gordon has applied for re-instatement, Benjamin, Schwartz and Gipson need to come back and they have said they will draft a QB at 2

It looks like a 2 horse race with Houston....if they want to go that route....
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 21 2016, 11:34 PM) *
San Fran:
39 million under the cap and filled with holes......they have so many defensive holes it will be hard to fill them all...and they need WRs.

He don't need no stinkin' WRs. laugh.gif
Phits
Creative cap management can make SB a possibility for any team interested in his services, especially a team in need of a "franchise" QB.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 21 2016, 11:34 PM) *
Scratch the Jets and the Bills of the list.....

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-5-tea...in-2016.html/6/

That brings it down to Houston, Cleveland, San Fran and the Rams

All figures are taken from this site and are updated
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

San Fran:

St. Louis:
36 million under the cap but....they need to sign their CBs Jenkins and Johnson..they will have other guys to sign as well...Sims, Barron, Mcleod...the have 18 FAs.....

Houston:
27 million under the cap and 18 FAs including 7 starters...

Cleveland:
17 million under the cap but Josh Gordon has applied for re-instatement, Benjamin, Schwartz and Gipson need to come back and they have said they will draft a QB at 2

It looks like a 2 horse race with Houston....if they want to go that route....

Zero
This guy thinks Denver could also be an option.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 22 2016, 08:47 AM) *
Creative cap management can make SB a possibility for any team interested in his services, especially a team in need of a "franchise" QB.

True.....but when you start out with nothing and have to create space you don't go out and sign a "franchise" QB when you have other holes to fill....you can only create so much space before you begin to cut off your nose to spite your face. On another note, Bowles would rather have "franchise" defense than QB
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 22 2016, 08:57 AM) *
This guy thinks Denver could also be an option.

I read that with some surprise yesterday....but if that were the case that would signal complete surrender on Osweiler and that ain't happening....he is their guy...Manning gets to go out in style and Osweiler will take over, and at a cheap number.
Zero
Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either unless they just don't think Osweiler can do it in the next couple of years while that defense is strong.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 22 2016, 09:19 AM) *
True.....but when you start out with nothing and have to create space you don't go out and sign a "franchise" QB when you have other holes to fill....you can only create so much space before you begin to cut off your nose to spite your face. On another note, Bowles would rather have "franchise" defense than QB

Not saying that you're wrong, but, the situation would likely change depending on the caliber of QB. IMO, Bradford isn't the QB that you take that risk for.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 21 2016, 10:56 PM) *
No...whether you or I think he is the better option is irrelevant..I merely point out which teams have QBs they are sticking with and which might or will be looking

But on of those names I listed...I take him over 15 of them...I will let you wallow in agony guessing which...lol

So you have him as 16th best.

Joe Average may not be worth $72M/$40M/4yrs.

I could be on the hook for wings and beers here.

How ironic would it be if Bradford getting a mid deal COSTING me money?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.