Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pederson said Schwartz DC Fipp still STC
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Makes me think Shurmur/Bradford is being considered...
Reality Fan
Sure sounds like it.....

Especially because he seems to think that Bradford is a done deal...he said "I look forward to working with him this spring"
nd9kel
Pederson says he will call the plays. Got a LOT of experience doing it since calling the second half of games since November. God help us.

Bradford better have freedom to audible!!!!!!
nd9kel
Hmm...Pederson says he thinks the WCO has kind of gone out of style. Sounds like he'll be implementing something to fit our strengths...hope for the uptempo O remains.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Jan 19 2016, 04:24 PM) *
Hmm...Pederson says he thinks the WCO has kind of gone out of style. Sounds like he'll be implementing something to fit our strengths...hope for the uptempo O remains.

He said he will run an offense designed to his players strength....we can only hope...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 19 2016, 04:59 PM) *
He said he will run an offense designed to his players strength....we can only hope...

I really liked that comment, then I remembered Chip and Billy said the same things three years ago. sad.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 19 2016, 04:59 PM) *

I really liked that comment, then I remembered Chip and Billy said the same things three years ago. sad.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 19 2016, 09:23 PM) *

if you missed the pot presser interview with Gunn he mentioned that he wants his QBs to be able to change to better plays on the fly...a start down that road...also...he said they tailored the KC offense to Smith's strengths previously...

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Jan 19 2016, 03:57 PM) *
Pederson says he will call the plays. Got a LOT of experience doing it since calling the second half of games since November. God help us.

lol...this made me curious though. has anyone ever heard of such a thing? i mean im sure this 'training wheels' approach to coaching has been done by lots of people, but has it ever been a few months before a new HC stands at his first presser to say he has learned enough and will be your new play caller?

i think this indicates that Lurie had enough of Chip long before he clipped him and was talking to AR about pederson early on. both parties understood that a firgurehead OC doesnt turn into a HC play-caller overnight. thats a tough sell. However i think its even more glaring when you say that 'my coach didnt trust me enough to turn it all over to me so i got to call some plays in the second half of some games....as long as i didnt screw it up.'

exhaustive search...lol
Reality Fan
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jan 19 2016, 10:56 PM) *
lol...this made me curious though. has anyone ever heard of such a thing? i mean im sure this 'training wheels' approach to coaching has been done by lots of people, but has it ever been a few months before a new HC stands at his first presser to say he has learned enough and will be your new play caller?

i think this indicates that Lurie had enough of Chip long before he clipped him and was talking to AR about pederson early on. both parties understood that a firgurehead OC doesnt turn into a HC play-caller overnight. thats a tough sell. However i think its even more glaring when you say that 'my coach didnt trust me enough to turn it all over to me so i got to call some plays in the second half of some games....as long as i didnt screw it up.'

exhaustive search...lol

interesting take on that....did not think about the Reid letting him call plays because he knew of the impending opening...

Good stuff...

However....as far as not trusting him to call plays? No....Reid always called his own plays....that is him...he let Childress get some input here but even then there was a suspicion that Reid was the puppet master..
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 19 2016, 11:02 PM) *
interesting take on that....did not think about the Reid letting him call plays because he knew of the impending opening...

Good stuff...

However....as far as not trusting him to call plays? No....Reid always called his own plays....that is him...he let Childress get some input here but even then there was a suspicion that Reid was the puppet master..

yea i think thats exactly what AR uses his OCs for. that week of planning before the game. even if they call plays occasionally i always understood it to be an extension of AR's gameplan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.