Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FWIW, The new DC is Jim Schwartz, new OC is Frank Reich
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Schwartz did a fantastic job with the Bills D, before getting kicked to the curb for the 'Rex Ryan' era. Perhaps he can help resurrect Kiko and facilitate a move back to a 4-3 D.
Schwartz parted ways with the Bills after the hiring of Rex Ryan and was unemployed in 2015, but is reportedly waiting to see if a return to the Titans would be possible. This interest in Schwartz clearly signifies a philosophical shift to the 4-3 defense, with Schwartz having run it and the Wide 9 variation of it successfully throughout his career.

Schwartz for DC

Injuries aside, last season the Chargers offense was rather anaemic. Another new offense for Bradford to learn, if he chooses to stay.
Reich for OC
Reality Fan
Why Bye Bye Bradford?

If anything he has more incentive to stay.....no matter what he was going to learn a new offense but here it will be directed by not one but two former NFL QBs......
BirdsWinBaby
shurmur ran a WCO for the Rams so Bradford has experience in it

Pederson is a WCO guy, and Reich has worked in different offenses and had some WCO in his playcalling for SD

Reich is a guy that likes up-tempo which might be concerning after Chip, but unlike Chip, Reich mixes it up

Bradford might still be gone...but the offense/coaches wont be why
The Franchise
Any coach who has taken the Detroit Lions to the playoffs is fine by me.
Reality Fan
probably one of the top 3 guys available.....it would be a strong hire
Joegrane
I like the Schwartz hire as DC. He has a solid track record. I'm encouraged by the possibility of reverting to 4-3, hopefully with Curry at DE.

Why would they keep Kiko if they go to 4-3? They have too many inside LBs, only one of whom has the ideal size for Mike/MLB, right? I think they save $1mil in cap space if that Duck gets the ax.

Marcus Smith has the size but does not seem to have the toughness. I imagine he'll be a DE.

I don't see them moving Barwin inside.

I'm not fond of the loss of Shurmur, unless he is QB coach.

Now we hold our breath about Bradford.

QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 18 2016, 05:25 PM) *
Schwartz did a fantastic job with the Bills D, before getting kicked to the curb for the 'Rex Ryan' era. Perhaps he can help resurrect Kiko and facilitate a move back to a 4-3 D.

Schwartz for DC

Injuries aside, last season the Chargers offense was rather anaemic. Another new offense for Bradford to learn, if he chooses to stay.
Reich for OC

nephillymike
Do you think Pederson had any conversations with Bradford?
Phits
Strategically, I would imagine they would use their personnel to run some sort of hybrid D that gravitates towards a 4-3.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 18 2016, 08:23 PM) *
I like the Schwartz hire as DC. He has a solid track record. I'm encouraged by the possibility of reverting to 4-3, hopefully with Curry at DE.

Why would they keep Kiko if they go to 4-3? They have too many inside LBs, only one of whom has the ideal size for Mike/MLB, right? I think they save $1mil in cap space if that Duck gets the ax.

Marcus Smith has the size but does not seem to have the toughness. I imagine he'll be a DE.

I don't see them moving Barwin inside.

I'm not fond of the loss of Shurmur, unless he is QB coach.

Now we hold our breath about Bradford.

Joegrane
Before the ink dried on the contract!

His career here may depend entirely on Bradford's decision.

Sanchez did get to the playoffs on the coattails of Ryan's very good D.

I would not be surprised if the starting QBs of the Eagles and Texans are Bradford and Sanchez, but in which order.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 18 2016, 08:24 PM) *
Do you think Pederson had any conversations with Bradford?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.