Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coordinator rumors
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The return of Mikey Numbers favorite player, Tim Hauck may be coming ... as assistant DB coach to Undlin. But of more interest is that it's rumored that Pederson wants Frank Reich, recently fired by the Chargers, as his OC. Apparently he'd like to have Spags back too but it looks like he'll stay in NY. Dinc ... and, Dunc ...

Apparently Schwartz has talked to the Eagles about DC. Don't have a link for that one.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 17 2016, 05:25 PM) *
The return of Mikey Numbers favorite player, Tim Hauck may be coming ... as assistant DB coach to Undlin. But of more interest is that it's rumored that Pederson wants Frank Reich, recently fired by the Chargers, as his OC. Apparently he'd like to have Spags back too but it looks like he'll stay in NY. Dinc ... and, Dunc ...

Apparently Schwartz has talked to the Eagles about DC. Don't have a link for that one.

I'm really having a tough time buying into any of this.

For one thing, I would think the only thing Pederson has had any time to give any thought to up to this point is the Chief's playoff game.

Then you state that Schwartz has talked to the Eagles about DC. Really? Because if that is true, then I guess howie is the one building Pederson's staff for him.

I'm smelling bullshit here.
nephillymike
Much to the Cuz's chagrin, I want no part of Spags.

We have others who are more qualified than the man in charge of the worst defense two years in a row for two different teams.

Let's hope the NYG don't let us talk to him.

We just toasted his D a few weeks ago.

I would like the opportunity to do it twice a year.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 17 2016, 05:25 PM) *

Timmmayyyyy!!

Maybe he can teach his coach how to coach DB's sad.gif
Zero
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 17 2016, 06:26 PM) *

For one thing, I would think the only thing Pederson has had any time to give any thought to up to this point is the Chief's playoff game.

Then you state that Schwartz has talked to the Eagles about DC. Really? Because if that is true, then I guess howie is the one building Pederson's staff for him.

I have to think that Dougie did put thought into some things ... how could he not? I know, ideally he should be 100% focused on the playoff game. I also think the Schwartz thing came from a guess from one reporter. You know every reporter wants a guess to turn into a scoop.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 17 2016, 06:30 PM) *
Timmmayyyyy!!

Maybe he can teach his coach how to coach DB's sad.gif

Didn't you use "Haucking" as a cap management term?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 17 2016, 06:28 PM) *

We have others who are more qualified than the man in charge of the worst defense two years in a row for two different teams.

ummmm...not to be a stickler but there were quite a few years between 2012 and 2015....

But I agree.....he had 1 really good year with the Giants and one good one with the Rams as HC.....other than that he has been terrible
Zero
Interesting suggestions for DC. I particularly like the last part about JJ. I remember saying "WHO?" Also, good point about previous HCs who are young enough to try again. I think that would apply to Lovie and Nolan but I doubt it Donatell is looking for a HC job.
A veteran like Ed Donatell or Mike Nolan or Kevin Coyle or Lovie Smith might make the most sense. There's probably someone out there who hasn't even been named who only needs another chance.

When Reid hired Johnson many asked, "Who?" or joked that he was the lesser Jim Johnson. How did that turn out?
Linc ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 17 2016, 07:30 PM) *
Didn't you use "Haucking" as a cap management term?

Yes, back in the day, early 2000's when they were loading up contracts with bonuses that wouldn't be earned to take advantage of a cap accounting loophole whereby it looked like they were spending all of their cap in a given year, when really that money would be reversed out before the next season. Eagles were the first to use it as a way to roll unused cap money to the next year and to quell public sentiment at the time that they were "conservatively frugal"(like how I l cleaned that up?)

Good memory by you!

That was a long time ago.
Joegrane
Oh I firmly believe Howie is very active putting together the list of assistant coach candidates.

Probably every new HC wants help from front office people but we'll never know exactly how much influence he exerted.

Signing coordinators with HC experience probably would be good.

QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 17 2016, 06:26 PM) *

Zero
First, the source of the coordinator rumors is saying that it's Pedey who wants the given name, not "the Eagles." I'd guess if there was an agreement of hire that they would have all discussed coaches and the FO would make contacts. I don't think we should get carried away with FO interference on this quite yet.

Also, it hasn't been reported that Kelly has tried to hire an OC or that he has asked Shurmur. That would seem to indicate that Shurmur is being considered to remain. I like the idea, not only because of continuity, but he had three years to learn about the hurry up and watching the maddening Reid delays that has become SOP with him I'd love to keep that tool in the offense. Not only for obvious times, but to use as a way to just tire the opposing defense or to prevent substitutions at critical points of the game.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 17 2016, 11:28 PM) *

More to the point, why would the NJ VaGiants let their DC go to a division rival if he is any good? If they have someone better in mind, shouldn't we target that guy rather than their cast off?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.