Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy Reid's time management strikes again
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
It is a contagious disease that affects everyone on the team from the fat man on down
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 16 2016, 07:47 PM) *
It is a contagious disease that affects everyone on the team from the fat man on down

I think he's just cursed.
Dreagon
Honestly, I'm slightly surprised that any owner who just watched that last two minutes. and knew anything about his past history, wasn't waiting for him in the tunnel with a pink slip. This was the playoffs. You can't be pulling that kind of crap in the playoffs.
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 17 2016, 12:51 PM) *
Honestly, I'm slightly surprised that any owner who just watched that last two minutes. and knew anything about his past history, wasn't waiting for him in the tunnel with a pink slip. This was the playoffs. You can't be pulling that kind of crap in the playoffs.

He's a great regular season coach. As an owner, if you want more than that, prepare to look elsewhere.
nephillymike
Like Jeff needed to remove Chip of his GM duties, KC needs to remove Andy of his play calling duties in the last 7 minutes of any half, of not remove him completely.

They said on 97.5 today that the drive yesterday was the longest scoring drive from the 20 or further, down two TD's or more in the 4th quarter of the year. Almost a minute longer than the previous slowest this year!! There were over 100 drives in the sample!!

One question to Pederson:

Do you see value in the hurry up offense and how would you change the procedures you were a part of for your career to avoid the time consuming drives like the one we saw yesterday and in the Super Bowl? (welcome to Philly)
Phits
Rumor has it that Pederson calls the plays for the red zone and the 2 minute drill.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 17 2016, 01:23 PM) *
Like Jeff needed to remove Chip of his GM duties, KC needs to remove Andy of his play calling duties in the last 7 minutes of any half, of not remove him completely.

They said on 97.5 today that the drive yesterday was the longest scoring drive from the 20 or further, down two TD's or more in the 4th quarter of the year. Almost a minute longer than the previous slowest this year!! There were over 100 drives in the sample!!

One question to Pederson:

Do you see value in the hurry up offense and how would you change the procedures you were a part of for your career to avoid the time consuming drives like the one we saw yesterday and in the Super Bowl? (welcome to Philly)

The Franchise
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 16 2016, 07:47 PM) *

It's not a disease, it's just the idiocy of someone who flat out isn't wired properly. It was the most infuriating, unbelievable thing, to watch for 14 goddam years, how someone's failure to grasp basic math can lose so many games.

Andy will always be Andy - good coach, good at building solid squads, good at game preparation.....and his clock management and stubborn play calling will be why he will never win anything. KC can have him, their fans are still in denial about this.
mcnabbulous
Obviously that situation wasn't ideal, given the time remaining, but what did people expect that offense to do?

They had absolutely no weapons to make plays for them. I'm sure if they could have scored at ease, that is the approach they would have taken. Instead they had to move the ball deliberately.

The game was essentially over when they were down two scores and Davis fumbled. They weren't the type of team that was going to make some big comeback.

I will agree that Andy is wired differently. He doesn't use timeouts for the purpose of managing the clock. He uses it for the purpose of managing the game with play calling and formations.

Ultimately, that game was over when Brady came out and played the way he did. If the Chiefs were going to win, they needed to get to him. A lot. He basically took the pass rush out of the game by just delivering quick strike after quick strike. That's why he's the GOAT.

If you had told me pregame that the Pats would put up 27, I would have told you it was over. Without Maclin, Charles, and DAT; the Chiefs just don't have playmakers. They needed Smith to play a perfect game to have a chance. He was okay, but he just didn't have enough help.

I did appreciate Avant making those catches though. I had been telling my buddies that he has made some of the best I've ever seen and they didn't really know who he was. Then he came up with two beauties.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 18 2016, 04:52 PM) *
I'm sure if they could have scored at ease, that is the approach they would have taken. Instead they had to move the ball deliberately.

If teams could simply move the ball and score with ease they would all do that. However, the point of the 2 minute (hurry up) "drill" is not to move 'deliberately' (slow) down the field....especially when you're down multiple scores. If your team is down by a FG or TD, by all means chew the clock up as long as you put yourself in the position to take the lead or tie up the game.

It doesn't appear that AR believes in having a set of plays that you practice (to execute) for such occasions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.