Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My attempt at Head Coach Job Description
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
This is what I think is needed for the Eagles spot in order of importance of what I think the coach needs to be in this environment:

1. A person willing to be the franchise representative at all times in interactions with the public, players, media, employees

2. Develop a culture of the team consistent with management's vision.

3. Establish the style of offense and defense and special teams that will be played by the team

4. Hire the coaching staff needed to accomplish #3

5. Responsible for play calling, either by delegation or performance, for both the offense and defense

6. Needs to be a team player who works effectively with the coaching staff

7. Needs to be a motivator, who communicates well with players

8. Needs to be a team player who works effectively with senior management (thinking they had this #1)

9. Work with scouting department to acquire superior talent through draft, free agency or trade.

10. Devise an efficient system to assimilate rookies and free agents into the team.

11. Work with cap department to identify and implement long term goals for talent acquisition and retention

12. Develop practice regimens for the program.
Eyrie
Be a winner.

There are many different ways to win, and I don't see why we should limit ourselves to any one way.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 16 2016, 05:42 PM) *
Be a winner.

There are many different ways to win, and I don't see why we should limit ourselves to any one way.

Big shoes to fill to do all of the above, doncha think?
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 17 2016, 04:56 AM) *
Big shoes to fill to do all of the above, doncha think?

Of course.

The question is how you go about doing that. If we were looking forward to an NFC title game right now, no-one would give a damn that Kelly is an egocentric control freak who regards his players as interchangeable drones and reacts badly to any sign of personality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.