Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do we hope KC loses so we can get on with our team?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I'm thinking yes.
mcnabbulous
Would have to think there is more long term value from a deep run in the playoffs and especially a SB appearance for Pederson.

If it were to happen, seeing Andy's preparation process would be seemingly invaluable. What good does having a coach do us right now?
Eyrie
Depends on whether we're able to assemble Pederson's coaching staff in his absence or if his preferred candidates want to speak with him first, in which case we could miss out.

I'm selfish - I'd rather Pederson gets here ASAP and then phones Reid in January 2018 (next year will be too soon) to ask about being the head coach in a championship game.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 15 2016, 11:49 PM) *
Would have to think there is more long term value from a deep run in the playoffs and especially a SB appearance for Pederson.

If it were to happen, seeing Andy's preparation process would be seemingly invaluable. What good does having a coach do us right now?

The good it does is give him time to pick his assistants while they're available rather than let Howie pick them.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 16 2016, 09:00 AM) *
The good it does is give him time to pick his assistants while they're available rather than let Howie pick them.

I suspect that is already figured out.
Dreagon
No, let them beat the Patriots first. Always go with taking out the Patriots.
Joegrane
If Maclin is out I don't see it happening.
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 16 2016, 12:19 PM) *
No, let them beat the Patriots first. Always go with taking out the Patriots.

Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 16 2016, 11:31 AM) *
If Maclin is out I don't see it happening.

Drat!
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 15 2016, 11:49 PM) *

You might as well just have written "because I'm an Andy fanboy!"

What good does having a coach do us right now?! Umm, gee, I don't know, maybe like building our fucking team back up?!?!? I don't give a fuck about Pederson and Reid preparing for AFC opponents. I care about our next coach preparing for OUR schedule next year and setting up our coaching staff/looking at the draft.

Idiot.
mcnabbulous
Because you're a short sighted idiot. Preparing for playoff opponents and the chance for a ring is far more valuable experience than a few weeks of watching potential draft picks.

I felt the same way about Bill O'Brien when he took over at PSU and stayed with the Patriots through the SB. Because, ya know, I'm such a Bill Belichick fanboy.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 16 2016, 03:54 PM) *
Because you're a short sighted idiot. Preparing for playoff opponents and the chance for a ring is far more valuable experience than a few weeks of watching potential draft picks.

Here's how Andy will prepare.

"Pass. Pass. Call timeout. Challenge play. Pass."

I'd rather have Pederson taking care of business here.
Phits
With the state of our franchise and all of our needs, I believe our new HC would be better served here than there. Having been with Reid for as long as he has I am sure that he is already familiar with the HC's preparation methods. Besides, we don't need an Andy Reid clone.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 16 2016, 04:43 PM) *
With the state of our franchise and all of our needs, I believe our new HC would be better served here than there. Having been with Reid for as long as he has I am sure that he is already familiar with the HC's preparation methods. Besides, we don't need an Andy Reid clone.

Agree.

Well stated
Reality Fan
I am not sure of which is the better approach...I can see the merits of both BUT....knowing it is not a bad thing for a new coach to get in house...assemble his staff...meet the players.....discuss personnel issues and formulate a plan....that means the Chiefs will likely go to the SB to give us the double punishment...Reid winning a SB and our new coach busy into the middle of Feb. just because God has a sense of humor...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 16 2016, 05:35 PM) *
I am not sure of which is the better approach...I can see the merits of both BUT....knowing it is not a bad thing for a new coach to get in house...assemble his staff...meet the players.....discuss personnel issues and formulate a plan....that means the Chiefs will likely go to the SB to give us the double punishment...Reid winning a SB and our new coach busy into the middle of Feb. just because God has a sense of humor...

Stop it!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.