Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roob on Howie.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...us-front-office

I gotta feeling RF won't because of the author, but even though I'm luke warm on Roob, I think he hits the nail on the head.
Joegrane
I usually like Roob and see his point but I think he is going too far with it.

It is not that the picks in the Roseman era have been universally bad. They had the exceptional 2012 with Cox, Kendricks, Curry, Foles, Boykin, Dennis Kelly. Of the three others, even Bryce Brown in round 7 contributed.

Hopefully he has learned somewhat and will allow his talent experts do their job while he does what he does best.

I think their current coaching situation gives them a reasonable chance to stabilize the situation for the reason I described here.
http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=282567

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 15 2016, 09:21 PM) *

I gotta feeling RF won't because of the author, but even though I'm luke warm on Roob, I think he hits the nail on the head.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 15 2016, 09:21 PM) *

It is hard for me to read Frank....he is a fat, lazy douchebag who used to have an in from licking McCoy's balls while ignoring all the shitty things he did...now those days are gone and the Eagles don't particularly like him and he gets no scoops so he is eternally bitter towards them.

They will hire a GM.....I don't think that it will be a traditional GM role but it will be close...

Frank cites an NFL Exec to bash Howie........why didn't he just say it was Gamble?

If Howie was that bad why would Reid subject his friend Pederson to that situation? Simple answer?..He wouldn't
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 16 2016, 01:03 AM) *
If Howie was that bad why would Reid subject his friend Pederson to that situation? Simple answer?..He wouldn't

because AR wanted his friend to get his shot at being a HC.....which wasn't going to happen except in philly because no other team was interested
Zero
Howie is a valuable member of the Eagles front office ... I should say, his skill set is valuable as long as he is pigeon-holed and contained. By all accounts, he has done a pretty good job of negotiating contracts, identifying player value and being flexible on draft day. He's been spotty on personnel selection (most are) but the big issue is his hunger for power. If Lurie can keep him in check, if Howie learned something from his promotion that was a demotion and if he is humbled and loyal to the man who gave him his start and elevated him in the organization, he will remain a valuable asset to the front office.
Until owner Jeff Lurie gives his front office a complete makeover, the Eagles are not going to be a championship team.

Itís that simple.
This is overly simplistic and, IMO a superficial analysis. Jeff needs to prove to everyone that he is a good manager by allowing everyone to contribute their strengths for the benefit of the team while encouraging unity and loyalty to the organization. "Team" is the key concept which is essential for the success of collaborative decision making ... "we" people rather that "me" people.

So, it's not that simple, Roob. What's simple is that Lurie needs to assert strong leadership. This is probably a major reason why Pederson was his choice and not someone who may not recognize what value Roseman can bring to an organization. He's not a GM, but that doesn't mean you need a complete makeover.

What is simple, is that so much reporting these days is pandering to the mob.
Joegrane
Hopefully Reid was not trying to get rid of his assistant.

QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jan 16 2016, 09:04 AM) *
because AR wanted his friend to get his shot at being a HC.....which wasn't going to happen except in philly because no other team was interested

Reality Fan
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jan 16 2016, 09:04 AM) *

But there was no urgency to get Pederson the job....he was not in a rush or long overdue to get one......it seems rather merit based...Reid is no dummy....he likely sees something in Pederson...he may be wrong but me thinks he more than likely saw the opportunity and Pederson's abilities as a good mesh point....

Or maybe he wants revenge for his firing...lol
Dreagon
I wonder what it's like to be the fan of a franchise who's front office ISN'T as much a topic of discussion as the rest of the team. There are teams like that left, aren't there? sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.