Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am so tired of the gutless media in Philly
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
All I have heard is the clowns that cover this team say virtually the same thing:

"I don't want to say anything bad about Pederson" and then proceed to say something bad about Pederson....

And guys like Derrick Gunn and the fat drunkard Ruben Frank et al will bury their nose so far up his ass when he gets here that it won't be funny....and when he keeps them at arm's length they will turn on him as well and pray for his demise....it is the same scene over and over....

If they built relationships with the Eagles a little better than they would have stayed more informed....but guys like Frank were too concerned with kissing the ass of guys like McCoy and it cost them contacts so they are bitter because they are oit in the cold and the fan's are better informed than they are (which is not saying much)

and who is the douchebag who has Crossing Broad? That could be the worst site ever.....3 minutes on there and I wanted to find the guy and beat him senseless.....

OK...rant over...
Zero
This is essentially true with most of the mainstream media. Reporters are rare to find these days, people who bury their personal prejudices and preconceptions to seek and disseminate facts, regardless of where they lead. As frustrating as it is in sports, it's more so with current events.
Reality Fan
How does a fat prick like Ruben Frank cover this team and NOT know that Jaworski AND Polian were involved in the search?

Maybe he should stop trying to be the cool guy trying to find good bands to go listen to and do his job.....

At least Les Bowen tried....even though no one likes him...

Zero
Polian? Have a link?
Zero
Got it.
Joegrane
Jaws' interview was shown on Chan 6 news this evening. He was displaying a 3" binder with info on many dozens of coaches. He said he and Polian were providing feedback.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 15 2016, 04:24 PM) *
How does a fat prick like Ruben Frank cover this team and NOT know that Jaworski AND Polian were involved in the search?

Maybe he should stop trying to be the cool guy trying to find good bands to go listen to and do his job.....

At least Les Bowen tried....even though no one likes him...

nephillymike
I was thrilled to hear that Jaws and Polian were involved.

I remember someone here hoping for that a few weeks ago.

Thing is though, even with them in the room, they got their 4th choice in a weak HC year.
Zero
I heard a comparison on the radio this evening. How did the city react to Charlie being hired by the Phillies?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 15 2016, 08:26 PM) *

Thing is though, even with them in the room, they got their 4th choice in a weak HC year.

But how do you know who their choices were? The reporting on it was so bad....If they wanted Gase they would have signed him...We don't know that they offered Macadoo anything.....they just scared the Giants into acting by having interest in him....Coughlin is a little more of a mystery but I don't think they offered him anything because only an idiot would think that the Giants...particularly after making Macadoo their coach, would release the rest of the staff from their contracts to help out another team in their division. This stuff is not hard to figure out....I could concede that maybe he was number 2 but that is about it and I have my doubts about that as well.....the problem is all these reorts are really nothing more than conjecture with even Schefter saying that he didn;t know but it was his opinion...nothing more.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 16 2016, 01:26 AM) *

It's difficult to know how those interviewed were ranked prior to the interviews, and extremely likely that the order changed after the interviews.

There has been speculation about who would receive an offer from us, but nothing was ever confirmed about any candidate.

Pederson isn't someone who would have occurred to me, but I'm relaxed about the hire because I know that I don't know enough about his negatives to be critical any more than I know enough about his positives to be an advocate. I'm hoping though that he is an example of the limited player who maximised his potential through study and graft and can now apply that knowledge to coaching without his physical limitations getting in the way.
nephillymike
It seems the best defense of the hire has been two common themes:

1. We don't know

and

2. You never know (the lottery theory)

He was their fourth choice.

All three preceeding candidates had the job if they wanted it, starting with Gase, McAdoo, Coughlin.

I'm not going to kill Pederson (yet). I'll see who his staff is, what O and D they're running, listen to him a bit and then go from there.

He has gotten rave reviews from a character standpoint from many different sources. They've been good to hear.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 16 2016, 06:59 AM) *
All three preceeding candidates had the job if they wanted it, starting with Gase, McAdoo, Coughlin.

Do we know this for certain? I realize this is what's being reported, but can we discount the agent effect?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 16 2016, 06:59 AM) *
It seems the best defense of the hire has been two common themes:

1. We don't know

and

2. You never know (the lottery theory)

He was their fourth choice.

I'm not going to kill Pederson (yet). I'll see who his staff is, what O and D they're running, listen to him a bit and then go from there.

He has gotten rave reviews from a character standpoint from many different sources. They've been good to hear.

ahhh there we go...turn guesswork into fact..

OK..lets play your game....

where is the details on what they offered Gase or where they actually offered him the job? It is now been denked that they even asked him for the fabled "2nd interview"

Macadoo is another great story.......especially because it means thta would have had to ignore the reality of the Giants being somewhat obvious in their succession plan...a plan heavily pushed by their franchise QB......but again..other than Schefter's "feelings" where is there any details of an offer...or intimation that they made an offer? The reports were they were going to focus on this guy...and then that guy...with nothing but guesses to substantiate it...

But I guess if it makes your story sound better it happened..
Reality Fan
Update....

Apparently Jaworski is bald faced liar....lol

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...coaching-search
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 16 2016, 11:49 AM) *
Update....

Apparently Jaworski is bald faced liar....lol

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...coaching-search

Well, we know he wasn't their #1 choice because as Jaws said, "there was no #1 choice".

The question to ask Jaws are these:

1. When did the Eagles offer the job to Pederson?

2. Did they make any offers to the other candidates, and if so, when? Were other asked to come in for a 2nd interview and if so, when were they asked.

3. If #2 was yes, then if those coaches accepted the offer, then he, and not Pederson would be the next coach, right?

If you believe that the answers to those three questions indicate that Pederson was their first choice, then you are more naive than the others you opined about in your other thread.

It is very interesting though, that Jaws is allowed to speak about it after the fact. I would have thought he'd have a gag order on what went on. If he doesn't, we can vet him on his next radio show.

All that being said, you know I was one who was slightly mocked for wanting Jaws and another football mind in that room when they were interviewing coaches. At least they listened to me in that regard!! I am more comfortable with it knowing Jaws was involved.

I think they shorted themselves though. Even though they said they had a list of 20-25 that they narrowed to 6, I think you should purposefully interview more if for no other reason than to find out what other teams and front offices are doing.
Reality Fan
I don't disagree that they may have hired the wrong guy.....history will judge that.

I don't know that Pederson was their first choice and that is why I don't claim that he was. You, on the other hand, claim to know that he wasn't and go on to claim that you know others were and in what order. Your post dictates that.

I am not naive about it at all....I think much of the reporting was guys trying to fill tweets. We don't have a good beat guy to read the tea leaves...the media here is a bunch of lay clowns that are more impressed with themselves and their rep as "Philly media" than they are with doing their job. I don't have a clue where Pederson ranked though he was in the running early on so my guess is that he was near the top when it started.

As far as Jaws go...he likes the attention and it is likely the Eagles used him to calm the masses....something he eagerly agreed to, likely counseled them to do it and volunteered for the task.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 16 2016, 03:26 PM) *
I don't disagree that they may have hired the wrong guy.....history will judge that.

I don't know that Pederson was their first choice and that is why I don't claim that he was. You, on the other hand, claim to know that he wasn't and go on to claim that you know others were and in what order. Your post dictates that.

I am not naive about it at all....I think much of the reporting was guys trying to fill tweets. We don't have a good beat guy to read the tea leaves...the media here is a bunch of lay clowns that are more impressed with themselves and their rep as "Philly media" than they are with doing their job. I don't have a clue where Pederson ranked though he was in the running early on so my guess is that he was near the top when it started.

As far as Jaws go...he likes the attention and it is likely the Eagles used him to calm the masses....something he eagerly agreed to, likely counseled them to do it and volunteered for the task.

If you disdain the Philly media so much, then I would advise you to ignore them in this case.

Only listen to what the national guys say.

In this case, I think you'll get the same accusations of events (for lack of a better word)
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 16 2016, 04:35 PM) *
If you disdain the Philly media so much, then I would advise you to ignore them in this case.

Only listen to what the national guys say.

In this case, I think you'll get the same accusations of events (for lack of a better word)

The national guys who threw every rumor in the world around as if it were gospel? Hold your breath until they ever admit they never had a clue.....at least Schefter said he did not know but was going on gut feelings...

Or the KC media guys who think Pederson is a good hire?

Or the "NFL Exec" aka Tom Gamble who thinks Howie sucks?

Read the ESPN rankings of hires....I agree with Hue Jackson but he, like Gase (who is apparently a raging ego maniac) wanted a ton of control.....love the Gase quote....

But Kelly?...and Macadoo? Did you really think he was going anywhere with Eli begging for him?

But no need to listen to me.....keep following the media guys both here and nationally....they are right on top of the situation....oh wait....ummm...no...they weren't......but at least they tried...lol

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.