Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To me Z,
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
All his coaching experience is under the Reid system, not enough diversity in his background. I honestly think he is the 'comfort' pick, someone they know well, someone they feel will not challenge them/him/Howie. It seems like, as others have said, this is an attempt to re-create the Reid hire in 99. Trouble is, in my experience trying to recapture old glory the same way you did in the past usually fails. I may be wrong, but this feels like a step backward, not forward.

BTW, this was supposed to be a reply to Zero's good, bad, ugly post, must have clicked on new topic by mistake...old man brain fart.
mcnabbulous
I think it's a valid concern, but the stuff they're doing in KC is quite different from what we saw here in Philly. I suspect Doug is going to come in and try to win with a conservative offense and defense until he gets his offensive weapons in place.

I think we're going to see very similar progression to what we saw at the start of Reid's tenure. Next year will probably be a struggle.
Joegrane
If Bradford and Shurmur come back and they patch the O Line why should the offense do poorly? They could actually be improved. I expect the young WRs to develop somewhat. Unfortunately they may not be able to afford to replace Coop and Austin with a solid #2 WR unless Bradford does not come back.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 15 2016, 12:22 PM) *
I think it's a valid concern, but the stuff they're doing in KC is quite different from what we saw here in Philly. I suspect Doug is going to come in and try to win with a conservative offense and defense until he gets his offensive weapons in place.

I think we're going to see very similar progression to what we saw at the start of Reid's tenure. Next year will probably be a struggle.

mcnabbulous
I don't expect Bradford to come back.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 15 2016, 01:32 PM) *
I don't expect Bradford to come back.

Curious as to why not?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.