Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DJax
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Feels inevitable that he will be cut by Washington. Howie is the one that signed him to his original extension. Pederson is obviously familiar with him.

Think they would try to bring him back. Would you want him back?
Zero
Any way he can have a brain transplant? If not, no.
D Rock
no
Joegrane
Why do you think he will be cut by DC? The recent incident at the End zone can't be enough. His presence causes defenses to respond differently.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 15 2016, 11:44 AM) *
Feels inevitable that he will be cut by Washington. Howie is the one that signed him to his original extension. Pederson is obviously familiar with him.

Think they would try to bring him back. Would you want him back?

Phits
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 15 2016, 07:24 PM) *
Why do you think he will be cut by DC? The recent incident at the End zone can't be enough. His presence causes defenses to respond differently.

there were rumors early into the season that he might be cut. for what it's worth washington appears they are preparing to run a tighter ship, especially with their cap concerns.

According to Mike Jones of the Washington Post, the Redskins could overhaul the receiving corps next season and the $9.2 million owed to Jackson might be the first to go. Releasing Jackson would save $8 million while cutting Pierre Garcon would save another $8 million. Garcon is not expected to go anywhere as Gruden reportedly favors his work ethic and attitude, but it might not be the same for Jackson as injuries have been a major issue. He has played just 16games since signing while bringing in six touchdowns during that time.

Link..

whether or not Jackson is a McCloughan guy are shared by many. He doesn’t seem to fit that hard-working, sold-out-24/7 type of player that McCloughan loves. However, the GM also loves playmakers, and when he’s dialed in, Jackson can make plays with the best of them.

Link2

Of course it's all just rumors. Either way, I don't want him back.
Joegrane
My recollection is that while they only have 5mil free they clear 16mil by dumping RGIII. That's more than the Eagles have.

Of course they have to sign Cousins but is he going to get 14mil that Nick Foles got?

QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 15 2016, 08:02 PM) *
.... for what it's worth washington appears they are preparing to run a tighter ship, especially with their cap concerns.

Dreagon
He's a 175 lb speed receiver who will hit 30 next season. If you guys can get him cheap, it might be worth it. But I wouldn't sink a lot into him because the odds are his tenure as an effective receiver has reached the game to game basis. I think you guys would be better served building on Agholar and adding a new talent to pair with him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 16 2016, 12:59 PM) *
My recollection is that while they only have 5mil free they clear 16mil by dumping RGIII. That's more than the Eagles have.

Of course they have to sign Cousins but is he going to get 14mil that Nick Foles got?

most teams, including us, have the same situations.....Cousins will get a big payday that will be cap friendly to next season but he will get paid. His comments after the season indicate he knows that as well. Our cap situation is not that dire, we have plenty of guys who will get restructured, extended or cut that will free up significant cap room. Some of that will be given to Cox......if they sign Bradford the cap hot next year will be minimal..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.