Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to 1999?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
This is starting to sound like Lurie is trying to recreate the formula Reid used when he was first hired. Pederson is the inexperienced HC who is good with QBs, organized (?), fits the Eagles' group concept and is schooled in organization building. If the OC is either Shurmur or Childress we have the repeat of a former HC (Dowhower) as a mentor.

Rumors are flying about a potential DC as either Pettine or Schwartz ... both experienced, respected defensive coaches who will be expected to make the defense a strong point of the team. Pettine with his local roots and success with defenses is my favorite. I'd rather see Shurmur so he could inject some of Kelly's ideas into the offense.

This also may be pointing to no more Bradford and a rookie QB to groom. Will Chase Daniel be the equivalent to McNabb's Pederson?

Say what we will about Pederson, this is going to be interesting to watch as it unfolds.
HobbEs
I would much rather have Pettine. Schwartz is a Wide-9 guy and we all know how that worked out.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 15 2016, 08:53 AM) *
Will Chase Daniel be the equivalent to McNabb's Pederson?

And in 15 years Chase can be our new HC.
Joegrane
That's very interesting about the Wide 9. However if you have Curry and Cox on the same side, that might work. Cox can handle two gaps. They just might have the right D Linemen to do that now.

They used to get killed with big runs btw the end and tackle.
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Jan 15 2016, 09:26 AM) *
I would much rather have Pettine. Schwartz is a Wide-9 guy and we all know how that worked out.

Reality Fan
While I am excited about going back to a 4-3 I don't want the wide-9...horrible D

It always seemed like this team was uncomfortable in the 3-4.....maybe it was me but other than early this year it was always a lot of confusion
Rick
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 15 2016, 01:23 PM) *
That's very interesting about the Wide 9. However if you have Curry and Cox on the same side, that might work. Cox can handle two gaps. They just might have the right D Linemen to do that now.

They used to get killed with big runs btw the end and tackle.

I don't believe the wide-9 has every been terribly-successful. If so, it's certainly the exception rather than the rule.

Just say no.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Jan 15 2016, 09:26 AM) *

Schwartz bristled quite a bit at being labeled a 'wide-9' guy when hired by Bills. according to him they use it at times like most teams do, but its wasnt their base set or anything

Schwartz would not be a repeat of our experience with Jim Washburn. according to him anyway
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.