Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good, Bad and Ugly
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
We all know Pederson and most of us are probably prejudiced in some way about him. Being objective and untarnished by our familiarity, what are the pros and cons of him as HC?
Good:
1. Likely will mesh with the organization, eliminating friction and confrontation between the different channels. I don't read that he'll kiss Howie's ass, only not threaten him.
2. Reportedly a good teacher and coach and a good leader. Interacts well with players and is a former NFL player.
3. He's supposed to be smart and he's obviously a hard worker and he's resilient.

Bad:
1. Question if he has the star power to attract top assistants.
2. Will he have the fire to fight for what he believes will improve the team or defer to the non-football hierarchy.

Ugly:
1. Organization dissed by top three choices. Not sure this belongs in a review of Pederson, but it hurts.

Anyone else?
D Rock
Were we "dissed?"

Who did we offer a job to?
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 15 2016, 01:16 PM) *
Were we "dissed?"

Who did we offer a job to?

Valid point. It should have been "perceived". Supposedly we were about to make an offer to McAdoo. There's thought that we offered to Coughlin. Supposedly Gase knew we would make an offer.
mcnabbulous
I really can't see how anyone would say McAdoo dissed us. NYG was a better job and he was already there. That was a no brainer.

The Coughlin situation was weird. The Dolphins moved fast on Gase. If we wanted him, we should have tried to do the same, but I don't think Lurie was comfortable making a rash decision this time around.
Zero
Apparently Jaws has been involved with the Eagles in this coach search. This according to Jeff Skversky of 6ABC.
Reality Fan
I am so tired of the Gase thing......he was the flavor of the month.....and he is credited with Manning? As pointed out before....he let Manning do what he wanted.....good idea when you have one of the best QBs EVER! He helped Cutler be a decent QB....the same guy he was in 2011 under Martz....and that was with a roster similar to what they had this year...except for a younger Matt Forte....When he takes a mediocre QB and turns him into gold I will say he is a QB whisperer.

All of these rejections are assumed......which, from the track records of the reporters involved, is dubious at best...

Zero
I am a schizophrenic with Eagle induced roller coaster emotions and I instinctively react unreasonably to perceived moronic actions within NovaCare.
All of this served to create the impression that the Eagles were scrambling to find someone, anyone who would take their job, which helped feed the impression of Pederson as an underqualified backup plan whose chief qualification was the endorsement of Andy Reid. Just like old times, waka waka!

That's unfortunate, not just because of the journalistic implications, but the ones for reality as well. Maybe everything went down in the order it was reported, the apparent contradictions a simple matter of accurate time. Or maybe what we witnessed was a proxy reality constructed entirely for the sake of real-world leverage. Either way, you should not let it obscure the fact that the Eagles were interested in Pederson even before they knew Coughlin was out of a job.
Linc ...
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 15 2016, 04:12 PM) *
I am a schizophrenic with Eagle induced roller coaster emotions and I instinctively react unreasonably to perceived moronic actions within NovaCare.
Linc ...

That is a David Murphy article....great writer.....
Zero
Still the fact that Pederson might not have been the Birds overwhelming first choice doesnít mean anything. Hiring him might wind up being the best move Lurie has ever made as the Eagles owner. We will have to wait and see.
Pederson might be the best coach being hired this year. Itís like the draft. You donít know which players can play based on when they are drafted. We all have to wait and see.
Here ...
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 15 2016, 04:12 PM) *
Linc ...

Of course they were interested in Pederson, nobody else was going to be. Throw his name out there early on, because you know he'll be available the entire off-season.
Joegrane
Yes that was well done by G Gobb.

R Frank also did a nice piece on how Pederson handled his time at QB before McNabb took over. That's the one that convinced me he'll be able to handle the Philly pressure cooker.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 15 2016, 05:34 PM) *
Here ...

nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 15 2016, 04:33 PM) *
That is a David Murphy article....great writer.....

So I don't know, you don't know, David Murphy doesn't know, and it depends on who his OC and DC are and if the personnel guru Howie does his job, unlike his track record has shown. Move along, no news here....................

Sorry RF, not a fan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.