Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Big Picture
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The Eagles Interviewed six coaching candidates:

We can assume, that of the three candidates left as of yesterday, that they liked Pederson more than Shurmur or Duce.

From what we heard, the Eagles were very interested in Gase, McAdoo and Coughlin. Coughlin was in town today for a second interview.

I think it is reasonable to say that if any of Gase, McAdoo or Coughlin say yes, they are hired instead of Pederson.

So, how do you feel about our brass landing the fourth choice on their list. And how about their list not including H. Jackson, Kuetter or McDermott?

Are you happy as an Eagles fan with this choice and process?

Fourth choice on a flawed list doesn't inspire confidence here in the Northeast.

Anyone?

How much say is enough say for Howie?

Should he have final say over the 90 man roster? Final say over the 53 man roster? the 53 plus 10 PS? We know he negotiates the contracts, but should he make the decision on who we keep? Does he have final say on the draft? If it is collaborative and he and Doug disagree, who wins out?

Do you consider Howie enough of a football guy to be in that spot? Would you have him in that spot?

If you are Pederson and a hungry first time coach, how much are you willing to concede to Howie?

Are we going to purge the scouting department yet again?

Someone said this tonight and it struck a nerve:

In the last year, we traded Tom Gamble and Chip Kelly for Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson.

Did we win that trade?

We've now had Jeff Lurie as owner for almost 22 years. On a 1-10 scale, how confident are you in him?

I'm about a 3. Not impressed.
samaroo
You're not wrong, but you're bumming me out...
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 15 2016, 12:06 AM) *
In the last year, we traded Tom Gamble and Chip Kelly for Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson.

Did we win that trade?

We've now had Jeff Lurie as owner for almost 22 years. On a 1-10 scale, how confident are you in him?

I'm about a 3. Not impressed.

I get it. Truth be told, we're probably not impressed with 95% of all owners ... how does Jeff fit in that group? As far as that goes, it boils down to dumb luck and will we benefit or lose from it. Owners always win in the pocketbook. Professional sports is drifting from fandom to odds and fantasy leagues.
Eyrie
Lurie isn't a meddler the way that Jones or Snyder is, so I'd grade him considerably higher than 3. Probably about a 7 on the basis that he has made mistakes (loyalty to Roseman included) and we haven't won that damned SuperBowl yet that he mentioned in Jerry Maguire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.