Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry, Pederson?!? He is just gonna be...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
someone who won't challenge the FO, read that as Howie

Back to the WCO since that is the only system he has ever known...I'm sorry but this smells of Howie wanting someone he can control. I was opposed to booing McNabb when he was picked, but if I were at the presser when this BS is announced, I would boo.

I'll still watch them, but unless I'm missing something, Pederson is nothing more than a way for Howie to keep control...and I have no faith at all that we will be anything other than mediocre going forward. I don't think anyone else was close to interested and since no other team even wanted to interview Pederson, why not take a better paying job if all you have to do is kiss Howie's ass. Disgusting
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jan 14 2016, 11:11 PM) *
someone who won't challenge the FO, read that as Howie

Back to the WCO since that is the only system he has ever known...I'm sorry but this smells of Howie wanting someone he can control. I was opposed to booing McNabb when he was picked, but if I were at the presser when this BS is announced, I would boo.

I'll still watch them, but unless I'm missing something, Pederson is nothing more than a way for Howie to keep control...and I have no faith at all that we will be anything other than mediocre going forward. I don't think anyone else was close to interested and since no other team even wanted to interview Pederson, why not take a better paying job if all you have to do is kiss Howie's ass. Disgusting

I am inclined to agree With you BW. We'll see what they do with the OC and the new up tempo offense, but I doubt it.

Funny thing is, Brad Childress, who is rumored to be our next OC, was KC's "spread offense" guru.

If he was really interested in learning the spread, he would bring note pad and pen and watch.
samaroo
Yeah, I don't want a Jerry Jones/Jason Garret thing going on...
Zero
I don't like this hire. Don't like it one bit. It seems like Howie is trouble, and it all turned to shit.

That said, I agree with this:
Pederson isnt exactly the sexiest choice. OK, who am I kidding? Hes a zero on the sexy scale; hes the absence of sexy. Hes the Plain Jane of NFL coaches, a guy who used the word gosh unironically just a day ago.
But by all accounts, hes a pretty good coach, well-liked by his players, well-like by his fellow coaches. And hes learned from some impressive people, including Don Shula, Mike Holmgren and former Eagles head coach Andy Reid.
Linc ...

I don't like the "zero" reference biggrin.gif , but sometimes the guy who grinds it through life under the radar turns out to have talents that weren't seen before. If "he" can hire good coordinators and is good at motivating, delegating, planning and game management he could be a good coach. Then the question comes down to talent ... he, Jeff, who you gonna get? Please don't tell me Howie. Please!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 14 2016, 10:39 PM) *
I am inclined to agree With you BW. We'll see what they do with the OC and the new up tempo offense, but I doubt it.

Funny thing is, Brad Childress, who is rumored to be our next OC, was KC's "spread offense" guru.

If he was really interested in learning the spread, he would bring note pad and pen and watch.

Just out of curiosity, have you watched KC at all this year?
Joegrane
"Sexy" for whom? I think that means he is not going to create lots of interesting articles for members of the media.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 15 2016, 06:40 AM) *
I don't like this hire. Don't like it one bit. It seems like Howie is trouble, and it all turned to shit.

That said, I agree with this:
Linc ...

I don't like the "zero" reference biggrin.gif , but sometimes the guy who grinds it through life under the radar turns out to have talents that weren't seen before. If "he" can hire good coordinators and is good at motivating, delegating, planning and game management he could be a good coach. Then the question comes down to talent ... he, Jeff, who you gonna get? Please don't tell me Howie. Please!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.