Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The only way I will tolerate this hire
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Is if he keeps Shurmur as OC and they run the stuff Chip ran, with adjustments of course.

I think that's a slim chance, but I just can't see throwing the last three years out to window for Andy's offense directed by a guy who hasn't called plays.

As Shurmur said, he learned more about offensive football in the last three years than he did in his entire career. He wish he had that opportunity earlier in his career.

It would be foolish to throw that away.

But then again, 55 years and counting, foolish is us!!
mcnabbulous
Check out the offensive DVOA for KC and Phi over the past few years and tell me what offense you want to run.

I'll give you a hint, it isn't Chip's.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 14 2016, 08:20 PM) *
Check out the offensive DVOA for KC and Phi over the past few years and tell me what offense you want to run.

I'll give you a hint, it isn't Chip's.

Consider that KC has had stability at the QB position. We have had Vick, Foles, Sanchez and Bradford. None of them for an entire season.
Joegrane
I expect them to keep substantial portions of Chip's system so the QB and young players will not have to learn a new system.

I expect that they'll mix in more West Coast concepts.

I expect Shurmur to call the plays, at least initially.

Next we will see what they will do on D--4-3 vs 3-4.

Supposedly they want to keep a couple of the D coaches.

Then you have FA negotiations with Bradford, Curry and others. Can they sell this coaching staff to the players. I think part of their plan is to advertise a level of continuity to the FAs.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 14 2016, 08:16 PM) *
Is if he keeps Shurmur as OC and they run the stuff Chip ran, with adjustments of course.

I think that's a slim chance, but I just can't see throwing the last three years out to window for Andy's offense directed by a guy who hasn't called plays.

As Shurmur said, he learned more about offensive football in the last three years than he did in his entire career. He wish he had that opportunity earlier in his career.

It would be foolish to throw that away.

But then again, 55 years and counting, foolish is us!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.