Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Les reporting it's Pederson
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
https://twitter.com/lesbowen/status/687763832836603909

So my guess would be...

HC - Pederson
OC - Shurmur (but maybe Duce?)
DC - Flajole

I like the Pederson hiring, but the staff seems isn't the most inspiring.
SLOiggles
I too like Pederson as the coach. It will be interesting to see whether Flajole is upgraded to D coordinator or whether he continues to work with the linebackers as he did in Cleveland.
Joegrane
I agree with you; however, I bet Shurmur is staying, probably along with Duce.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 14 2016, 05:35 PM) *
https://twitter.com/lesbowen/status/687763832836603909

So my guess would be...

HC - Pederson
OC - Shurmur (but maybe Duce?)
DC - Flajole

I like the Pederson hiring, but the staff seems isn't the most inspiring.

mcnabbulous
I guess as the #1 Andy fan in Eaglesland, I can say I'm happy to see we are moving back to an Andy approved hire.
Zero
I'm sceptical. What makes you guys think this is a good hire? To me, it sounds like going into a specialty ice cream store and ordering vanilla.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 14 2016, 06:05 PM) *
I'm sceptical. What makes you guys think this is a good hire? To me, it sounds like going into a specialty ice cream store and ordering vanilla.

Because I have that much faith in Andy as a coach and his system. Doug seems to be liked and respected by everyone he has worked with.

That's a good start. Now we need to get the players...and the DC.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 15 2016, 12:09 AM) *
Because I have that much faith in Andy as a coach and his system. Doug seems to be liked and respected by everyone he has worked with.

That's a good start. Now we need to get the players...and the DC.

For the most part, if you look at the offensive "fruit" from the Reid coaching tree, it's been pretty lousy.

Shurmer? Childress? Morningwood? Now Pederson?

It's like taking your cousin to the prom. -yuk

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 14 2016, 06:16 PM) *
For the most part, if you look at the offensive "fruit" from the Reid coaching tree, it's been pretty lousy.

Shurmer? Childress? Morningwood? Now Pederson?

It's like taking your cousin to the prom. -yuk

Definitely fair to be skeptical, and I think Andy is the real brains behind it, but I like Pederson's role as a former mentor, a guy that grinded in the league for a while, and someone that has been part of Andy's resurrection in KC. The offense they are running now has some wrinkles that we didn't get in Philly.

Smith allows them to do a lot of good stuff. Hopefully Doug finds the guy he wants.
BirdsWinBaby
Roseman likes Pederson and they reportedly have maintained a good relationship. they also have the same agent. I always thought this decision would be mostly about who would get along with Howie

im not thrilled but its not about Pederson, honestly I wasn't wowed by any of the candidates. Pederson, like the rest is kind of an unknown so I will see how it goes
Phits
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jan 14 2016, 07:38 PM) *
Roseman likes Pederson and they reportedly have maintained a good relationship. they also have the same agent. I always thought this decision would be mostly about who would get along with Howie

im not thrilled but its not about Pederson, honestly I wasn't wowed by any of the candidates. Pederson, like the rest is kind of an unknown so I will see how it goes

This is pretty much how I feel. I'm hoping that we have a new OC & DC to go with the new HC.
mcnabbulous
I'm hoping that Frijoles means we may be hiring Pettine as DC. Would not be happy if it's Frijoles himself.
Joegrane
Yes, that and "culture." Lurie liked the one Andy established, not Chip's.

Maybe Laurie likes the West Coast offense.

QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jan 14 2016, 07:38 PM) *

Joegrane
Some think DC will be Jim Schwartz former DC in Tenn, Buffalo and former HC in Detroit
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/...pederson-report

quote name='mcnabbulous' date='Jan 14 2016, 07:54 PM' post='282455']
I'm hoping that Frijoles means we may be hiring Pettine as DC. Would not be happy if it's Frijoles himself.
[/quote]
Joegrane
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 14 2016, 08:45 PM) *
Some think DC will be Jim Schwartz former DC in Tenn, Buffalo and former HC in Detroit
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/...pederson-report

This means Pederson will have two former HCs on his staff.

If Bradford comes back and they patch the O Line I don't think this will be bad on offense.

quote name='mcnabbulous' date='Jan 14 2016, 07:54 PM' post='282455']
samaroo
I know I shouldn't, but I care less about the coaches and more about the GM. I want Howie gone. I think most people will struggle under his shadow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.