Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ken Flajole
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Who the hell is that you ask? Well apparently he just got hired by the Eagles for an unknown role.

He was also the DC in St. Louis during Shurmur's two years as OC there.

Take it for what it's worth.
mcnabbulous
Fucking christ it's gonna be Shurmur. We are officially a dog shit organization.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 14 2016, 05:00 PM) *
Fucking christ it's gonna be Shurmur. We are officially a dog shit organization.

If it is Shurmur...and that is a big if....why does that makes them a dogshit organization?

If it is Pederson I agree it is a silly move fraught with risks but Shurmur brings continuity, a good offensive mind....and a new DC.

He would not be my first choice but they could do worse......but if it is him I wonder if Duce is the OC?
mcnabbulous
Because Shurmur was bad as a HC and worse as an OC.

nd9kel
Everyone has been a bad coach in Cleveland. Shurmer minus Kelly in the last game was a freakin' genius.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 14 2016, 05:16 PM) *
Because Shurmur was bad as a HC and worse as an OC.

For the love of all that's good and holy, why us???!!!??
Phits
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Jan 14 2016, 05:25 PM) *
Everyone has been a bad coach in Cleveland. Shurmer minus Kelly in the last game was a freakin' genius.

Hahahaha....good one.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 14 2016, 04:26 PM) *
For the love of all that's good and holy, why us???!!!??

My only hope is that it's Pederson and he is keeping Shurmur on the staff. Either way, Flajole as a DC and Pat as an OC is the same setup as the fucking 09-10 Rams. At this rate, they'll be moving our franchise in a few years.
mcnabbulous
Les says it's Pederson. He and Flajole also worked together in GB. Apparently Flajole has an Andy connection too.
The Franchise
This board makes Kardashian fans seem mentally stable.

They hired a guy who used to be an assistant coach to Shurmur once upon a time, for an unspecified role. Shurmur has been coaching football for almost 3 decades. Say, Plaxico Burress went to Michigan State - he was probably yelled at a couple times by Shurmur! Does this mean he's going to be our next WR coach? Come to think of it, Ike Reese was a player there too - does this mean WIP will endorse Shurmur?!?!? Good god, we already have a LB coach!!!

Degrees of Separation people. Shurmur may be our next coach, but this is all horseshit clickbait and media trolling. Whatever.
nd9kel
Flajole JUST signed on at the University of Texas at El Paso

http://www.minerrush.com/2016/1/14/1077063...-of-ken-flajole

Bwahahaha
Eyrie
It doesn't make sense to hire a coach (even for an unspecified role) when there is uncertainty about the next head coach,as he will want to appoint his own staff.

So this would imply that Lurie and Roseman have settled on who will be the head coach and have started to approach his desired staff.

And that points to someone who is still in the playoffs, which means Pederson.

I'm underwhelmed, but will give him a fair opportunity to show that he can do a good job before re-applying to the Axis.
Joegrane
: ) Laurie is trying to recreate the AndyR era. I bet he is looking for a group that can work well together.

If this goes down the way it appears AND if they keep Bradford, they at least stop the bleeding. I can't say I think they have the upside that they did with Chip as coach, but at least they won't end up being a perennial 4 win team.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 14 2016, 05:30 PM) *
My only hope is that it's Pederson and he is keeping Shurmur on the staff. Either way, Flajole as a DC and Pat as an OC is the same setup as the fucking 09-10 Rams. At this rate, they'll be moving our franchise in a few years.

Joegrane
That's why it makes most sense that it is Pederson. They can't finalize that yet, right?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...eir-head-coach/

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 14 2016, 05:50 PM) *
It doesn't make sense to hire a coach (even for an unspecified role) when there is uncertainty about the next head coach,as he will want to appoint his own staff.

So this would imply that Lurie and Roseman have settled on who will be the head coach and have started to approach his desired staff.

And that points to someone who is still in the playoffs, which means Pederson.

I'm underwhelmed, but will give him a fair opportunity to show that he can do a good job before re-applying to the Axis.
nd9kel
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Jan 14 2016, 04:41 PM) *
Flajole JUST signed on at the University of Texas at El Paso

http://www.minerrush.com/2016/1/14/1077063...-of-ken-flajole

Bwahahaha

Flajole left UTEP in the dust to join Eagles:

It's instantly worth noting that Flajole was the St. Louis Rams' defensive coordinator from 2009 to 2011, which overlapped with Pat Shurmur's tenure as offensive coordinator from 2009-2010.

So ... perhaps this is a sign the Eagles are really going to hire Shurmur as their next head coach. A report from Wednesday night said the Eagles are giving "real consideration" to promoting from within.

Shurmur isn't the only possibility here. After missing out on Tom Coughlin, ESPN's Adam Schefter said the Eagles are pursuing Chiefs offensive coordinator Doug Pederson to be their new head coach. Pederson and Shurmur spent time together in Philadelphia when the former was still playing in the league, so it's possible he could be keeping Shurmur on staff. The Eagles haven't shown any interest in Josh McDaniels, but it could also be pointed out he worked with Flajole in St. Louis as well.

In any case, the fact that the Eagles are already hiring assistant coaches seems to indicate they already have a head coach in place. Now it's just a matter of: who is it?

Well now we know it's Pederson. Still don't know if Flajole will be position coach or DC. Does association with Shurmer mean anything? Probably not, so OC position is still a mystery too. We may not get clarification until KC is beat, which happens to all Reid's teams in the playoffs.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Jan 15 2016, 11:29 AM) *
We may not get clarification until KC is beat, which happens to all Reid's teams in the playoffs.

Yep...but he gets to the playoffs a heck of a lot......beats the hell out of not getting there at all...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.