Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How would we feel if we lived in St Louis?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I don't know anything about the fans in St Louis, but they keep getting screwed by their football teams. The Cardinals moved to Arizona in 1987 and now the Rams are leaving for a city that has never supported a team. I remember when Brahman threatened to move the Eagles ... I was ready to join the militia to keep them here against his will. Thank you Jeffuckin Lurie, you wannabe movie producer amatuer acting owner who kept our team here. Seriously, thank you.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 14 2016, 06:55 AM) *
Thank you Jeffuckin Lurie, you wannabe movie producer amatuer acting owner who kept our team here. Seriously, thank you.

"You're welcome - now get ready to pay $50 for parking next year, slave."
D Rock
This nonsense that L.A. never supported a team is nearly as clueless as the football analysis around here.

L.A. loved the lambs before they went and spent a decade in the shitter.

The raiders were and are a joke.

But the lambs have always remained top in the hearts of L.A. football fans.

The main issue any team has to contend with here, is that so many are transplanted here and bring their football fandom with them.

I've been in L.A. for 20 years, but will always bleed green.
nephillymike
I don't know anything about the fans in St Louis, but they keep getting screwed by their football teams. The Cardinals moved to Arizona in 1987 and now the Rams are leaving for a city that has never supported a team. I remember when Brahman threatened to move the Eagles ... I was ready to join the militia to keep them here against his will. Thank you Jeffuckin Lurie, you wannabe movie producer amatuer acting owner who kept our team here. Seriously, thank you.

Z,

It was Braman that saved us from the move to ARI when Tose was going to move the team.

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 14 2016, 08:08 PM) *
Z,

It was Braman that saved us from the move to ARI when Tose was going to move the team.

Wow, I'm really losing it. Uh oh. unsure.gif
Joegrane
How to the players feel? A guy like Nick Foles signs a deal, buys a house and plans to settle down for a few years. Foles might have signed because he is not terribly far from his home in Texas, maybe because he likes Mid-West culture and lifestyle. Now he has to move his family to the crazy Left Coast.

Others might have resigned in St Louis so they would not have to move family again. I'm sure this stinks for some guys. However I bet others love the opportunity to play football and then go to the beach. There will be more $ to be made doing advertisements, etc

D Rock
They had Todd Gurley (sp?) on ESPN talk radio out here in L.A. yesterday, and to hear him talk about it . . . the players are beside themselves with joy.

Moving from St. Louis to L.A.? From a dead manufacturing town in mississippi river mud, to the golden coast of paradise? Coming to L.A. with the means and notoriety of an NFL player? Yeah, I'm sure they're all heart broken.

laugh.gif laugh.gif cool.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.