Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McAdoo To Giants
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000062...o-as-head-coach

Let's hope we didn't want him.
rumply
yeah just heard that, Eagles the first to start looking for a new hc & looks like will be the last to get one...
mcnabbulous
Seems like the Giants got nervous and upped the ante. Lots of signs suggested we were making a move. Obviously from his perspective, not having to move and staying with a great franchise makes a lot of sense.
Joegrane
and having a franchise QB with weapons plus sane front office.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 13 2016, 10:24 PM) *
Seems like the Giants got nervous and upped the ante. Lots of signs suggested we were making a move. Obviously from his perspective, not having to move and staying with a great franchise makes a lot of sense.

Phits
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 13 2016, 11:19 PM) *
and having a franchise QB with weapons plus sane front office.

yep.
mcnabbulous
I'm not sure any coach is making future decisions about a guy heading into their age 36 season, but the front office stuff is definitely a plus there.
nephillymike
Gargano hangs out with Spags so I'm sure this AM he will tell if Eagles were interested in McAdoo and spurned or not.

If we were, you have to wonder what Lurie is thinking about his boy Howie and his impact on landing a good HC.
Zero
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 14 2016, 05:43 AM) *
Gargano hangs out with Spags so I'm sure this AM he will tell if Eagles were interested in McAdoo and spurned or not.

If we were, you have to wonder what Lurie is thinking about his boy Howie and his impact on landing a good HC.

If Philly and NY showed mutual interest, what good reason could you give for McAdoo coming here? Even if everything else was equal, he already lives there and knows that team.

If the Giants wanted him, he wasn't leaving.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 14 2016, 07:20 AM) *
If Philly and NY showed mutual interest, what good reason could you give for McAdoo coming here? Even if everything else was equal, he already lives there and knows that team.

If the Giants wanted him, he wasn't leaving.

The other point is, what difference will he make in that team? Did Coughlin go bad or was he asked to step down because they didn't want to lose McAdoo? It'll be interesting to see what changes are made in the staff and next year on the field.

As to our team, as I calm down a little it may be that there's a candidate that the media never uncovered for some reason. Reid was somewhat of a surprise, Rhodes wasn't a bad hire and, at the time, Kelly was a good hire. Either Jeffuckin has been pretty lucky or he's not as incompetent as it may appear. Maybe they asked to interview someone who's still in the playoffs and were denied.

I'm signing up for a lamaze class. Breath, 1-2-3-4.
HobbEs
Looks like Tom Coughlin is now the leading candidate? I don't see him as anything more than a 3 year fix. They were talking about him on WIP yesterday and the feeling is if anything he would leave the team in better shape than it is now.

I swear we are becoming the Browns...
mcnabbulous
I believe we've won 13 of the last 16 against Coughlin. How unbelievably uninspiring.

This fucking sucks.
nd9kel
I see stuff on the internet from Coughlin to leaning to inside staff (Shurmer or Duce) to our leading candidate is still in the playoffs. Got to hand it to the Eagles for keeping us all in the dark...unless they're just as clueless at this point.
Zero
Coughlin removed himself from the running. Not a good fit. ohmy.gif
HobbEs
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 14 2016, 02:03 PM) *

Not a good fit...with Howie?
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 14 2016, 07:03 PM) *

I agree with him.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 14 2016, 02:03 PM) *

Seems to be a popular mantra
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.