Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coaching Update
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Still nothing concrete. Just pure speculation. And since Pederson can't actually be hired by the Eagles until the Chiefs are eliminated from the playoffs, we probably won't know anything until Monday when the inevitable Andy Reid meltdown occurs tongue.gif

"Still open, still open," Pederson said when asked where the Eagles left things after Sunday's interview. "They’re still in the process. From what I’m hearing they have stopped all their interviews and now it’s just a matter of them getting together collectively and making a decision."

"Gosh, it went great," Pederson said. "It was a great opportunity to see Howie again and Mr. Lurie – just a chance to talk with them and sit down with them. I got a lot of respect for the organization and what they’re doing there. But now we’re focused on New England and that’s behind me and we’re moving forward."

Pederson..

Jackson was arguably one of the most intriguing candidates available due to his experience and offensive success. Despite this, Jackson was reportedly never on the Eagles' list of head coaching candidates, which is disappointing. Part of the reason why the Eagles may not have been interested in Jackson is because he reportedly wants a big say in player personnel, which is obviously an area where Chip Kelly failed.

A bit of funny news here is that the Giants wanted to meet with Jackson, but obviously that's not going to happen now. Jackson accepted the Browns' job before even meeting with New York. So much for the G-Men being the top coaching destination, huh?

Hue Jackson

"I never said that [Chiefs offensive coordinator Doug] Pederson was a front-runner," Schefter said. "I don’t know that he’s the front-runner. I do know that square in contention for that job. I know they really like him. In my mind, my sense — and these are just senses — is that [Giants offensive coordinator] Ben McAdoo is the front-runner. But I don’t know that to be right. I think Pederson and McAdoo are square in the conversation."

McAdoo..
mcnabbulous
McManus (who is arguably our best beat guy) just said he thinks there is a good chance McAdoo is announced tomorrow.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 13 2016, 05:13 PM) *
McManus (who is arguably our best beat guy) just said he thinks there is a good chance McAdoo is announced tomorrow.
Announced he's hired by Giants.
Phits
Looks like Shurmur will be our guy by default. I wonder if he will have hurt feelings at the perceived lack of confidence in him.

At least he has an unbeaten streak as our HC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.