Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All right folks, time to choose a coach
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
It looks like there are four coaching candidates that have not been ruled out. Would be surprised if any others jumped in as serious candidates at this point as I would think they would have been interviewed by now when a team has a head start like we did.

These are the four. Tell me first choice, second choice and the no f'in way choice, if any?

If you had to pick among these four, would you like to have Shurmur, McAdoo, Pederson or Coughlin as our next head coach?
Reality Fan
I would say the job is going to Mac and the Coughlin interview was more of a reference interview but then they would have hired him....

I thin kit is down to Shurmur or Pederson

The fly in that ointment is the Domo is still standing by his story on Gruden and Domo is no attention whore like Eskin and a lot of these clowns.....

It is bizarre that they just stopped interviews or the scheduling of them....

Something is up.....but surely Lurie has to have the emotional intelligence to realize how that choice will impact the fans? If not he is a dumb as the guy he fired..
samaroo
I like Shurmer as OC. As far as HC goes, out of that list...

I'll take Duce.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 12 2016, 11:46 PM) *
I would say the job is going to Mac and the Coughlin interview was more of a reference interview but then they would have hired him....

I thin kit is down to Shurmur or Pederson

The fly in that ointment is the Domo is still standing by his story on Gruden and Domo is no attention whore like Eskin and a lot of these clowns.....

Something is up.....but surely Lurie has to have the emotional intelligence to realize how that choice will impact the fans? If not he is a dumb as the guy he fired..

Did you hear how at the end of the playoff game GRuden and Taricho did, Gruden slips and say to him, we had a nice run.............., then corrected himself and said we had a nice season.......
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 12 2016, 11:39 PM) *
It looks like there are four coaching candidates that have not been ruled out. Would be surprised if any others jumped in as serious candidates at this point as I would think they would have been interviewed by now when a team has a head start like we did.

These are the four. Tell me first choice, second choice and the no f'in way choice, if any?

If you had to pick among these four, would you like to have Shurmur, McAdoo, Pederson or Coughlin as our next head coach?

If they're intent on keeping Bradford ... Shurmur. If Coughlin brings McAdoo as his heir apparent, Coughlin for two years.

You believe the Grudog story? It would make the NFCE interesting with two brothers.
mcnabbulous
My list, in order:
1) Pederson
2) McAdoo
15) Shurmer
999) Coughlin

FWIW, Schefter said he thinks McAdoo is the frontrunner at this point.
Reality Fan
I have come to a simple decision....

Regardless of who I want as the next HC it does not matter....they will hire whomever it is that they want....

Just get it over with and hire someone......Lurie and Howie are such fucking drama queens.....I realize now that they just got lucky with Reid.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 13 2016, 11:38 AM) *
Just get it over with and hire someone

Feels like they have to be holding out for Pederson for this very reason. I'd rather them be patient and get their guy, rather than settle though.

If they end up going with someone else, someone who has been available the whole time, it will be pretty strange.

I think they either wanted Gase and struck out there, or the guy they want just isn't available yet.
nephillymike

My list, in order:
1) Shurmur
2) McAdoo
15) Perseron
999) Coughlin

FWIW, Schefter said he thinks McAdoo is the front runner at this point and is saying they will hire a coach within 24 hours, which because of the rules, would eliminate Pederson.
nephillymike
My list, in order:
1) Shurmur
2) McAdoo
15) Pederson
999) Coughlin

FWIW, Schefter said he thinks McAdoo is the front runner at this point and is saying they will hire a coach within 24 hours, which because of the rules, would eliminate Pederson.
Joegrane
Some think the Giants want to keep McAdoo at OC but prefer someone else at HC. However the Eagles could mess up their plans by targeting McAdoo.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 13 2016, 08:21 PM) *
My list, in order:
1) Shurmur
2) McAdoo
15) Pederson
999) Coughlin

The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 13 2016, 12:46 AM) *

If it's Pederson obviously they're going to wait a few more days until KC gets eliminated before announcing him, but I assume that they're interested in some coaches who are still in it, and those guys happen to be pretty busy right now?

Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 13 2016, 09:56 PM) *
If it's Pederson obviously they're going to wait a few more days until KC gets eliminated before announcing him, but I assume that they're interested in some coaches who are still in it, and those guys happen to be pretty busy right now?

well if the reports coming out are correct and they are about to announce their new hire than Pederson is out....

I am getting the feeling it is Duce...Lurie loves him.....
JeeQ
1. Coughlin
2. McDermott
3. Duce
Joegrane
I don't consider any of these candidates to be more talented as Chip K the coach.

As long as Shurmur is here as either HC or OC along with Bradford and they patch up the O Line I'm not worried about the offense.

I am most concerned about the DC and defense in general. They have a HUGE decision to make about 3-4 vs 4-3. I hope they can switch to 4-3, keep Cury and draft a 4-3 Mike LB in round 3 to work under D Ryans for a year.

If Bradford decides to go to the Texans, we are looking at a long-term rebuild : ( I have no idea when this team will even be a playoff contender. However they would have $ to sign and resign various FAs--DBs, veteran WR, keep Celek for another year, etc.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 13 2016, 12:42 PM) *
Feels like they have to be holding out for Pederson for this very reason. I'd rather them be patient and get their guy, rather than settle though.

If they end up going with someone else, someone who has been available the whole time, it will be pretty strange.

I think they either wanted Gase and struck out there, or the guy they want just isn't available yet.

mcnabbulous
I really think Hicks is the ILB of the future with his instincts in either scheme.
samaroo
This list of HCs is kind of depressing. How about Shurmer as HC, Duce as OC?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 14 2016, 05:34 PM) *
This list of HCs is kind of depressing. How about Shurmer as HC, Duce as OC?

It's a done deal, bud. Pederson it is.
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 15 2016, 08:41 AM) *
It's a done deal, bud. Pederson it is.

Well, I still like Duce. Just sayin'. Maybe I'll buy a shirt or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.