Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So far....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mprincz
Andy - if you are going to run the ball, try a DIFFERENT play. 6 games in, Westy up the middle does NOT work. Is that the ONLY running play in the playbook? (WCO PLaybook: 800 pass plays - 1 run play?) - great clock management, used up all 3 time outs with over 5 minutes left in the first half as a result it cost a FG

STs - much better to this point. The punter looks as good as he has all year (and he's getting lots of opportunities, unfortunately). Mahe - 2 FCs.

D Mac - THROW IT AWAY instead of taking a sack

Offense - TOO many penalties - what is this, friggin preseasonwith the false starts, illegal shifts, etc.

Defense - FIRED UP, Redeeming yourselves after last game

LJ - THE BALL IS YOUR FRIEND

Refs: a little flag happy?
JDEagles
I agree with the above, although the run on 3rd & 1 was a great call.

the D looks great, but lito got molested again...

thirdly, they need to realize that there are only three timeouts in a half. Maybe use them when it is really necessary...
mprincz

I agree with the above, although the run on 3rd & 1 was a great call.

That was on an outside pitch play- hmmm.... do you think it would be effective getting Westy to run to the outside? (instead of up the middle)
mprincz
WHO"S IDEA IS IT TO THROW A PASS IN THE MIDDLE OF TH FIELD WITH NO TIME OUTS? DIDN"T WE LEARN FROM THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR?
TGryn
QUOTE (mprincz @ Oct 23 2005, 06:23 PM)
That was on an outside pitch play- hmmm.... do you think it would be effective getting Westy to run to the outside? (instead of up the middle)

Heck, over half the passes to Westy are in the short flat, they're effectively outside pitches.
CT_Eagle
After the 1st half I can say I am happy with the D and STs. They are playing like I expect the Eagles to play. The offense looked like it was getting it's act together during the last two drives. No excuse for not getting a FG at the end though. In the 2nd half, I want to see McNabb's accuracy continue where it left off at the end of the half. If that happens, the Eagles will win and hopefully it can carry over to next week.
mprincz
Heck, over half the passes to Westy are in the short flat, they're effectively outside pitches.

Agreed, but they don't count in the "ratio" that people use when assessing the Birds run %. I'm just saying, if you are going to try a run with a small, fast RB, go to the outside.
mprincz
Looks like I spoke too soon about the punter - 22 yard punt, ugh.

And again up the middle with Westy. It's like this year's one step back and throw to Pinkston for a gain of 2.
mprincz
A game of missed opportunities.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.