Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LA options
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
eagleaddict
As a transplant in LA for the last 6 years, I would love to see the Rams and Chargers in LA. I can't stand the Raiders. I could never root for another NFC team, but could loosely follow the Chargers as a 2nd team. Here's the best part:

Eagles would play twice in LA in 2017 in the new stadium based on the current scheduling format. And we might be competitive again by then.

Any thoughts?
nephillymike
Do you think LA would support ONE team, never mind two?
Eagle2720
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Jan 12 2016, 08:03 PM) *
As a transplant in LA for the last 6 years, I would love to see the Rams and Chargers in LA. I can't stand the Raiders. I could never root for another NFC team, but could loosely follow the Chargers as a 2nd team. Here's the best part:

Eagles would play twice in LA in 2017 in the new stadium based on the current scheduling format. And we might be competitive again by then.

Any thoughts?

Why would the Chargers become an NFC team?
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 12 2016, 10:43 PM) *

They never have, why start now?
eagleaddict
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Jan 13 2016, 12:15 AM) *
Why would the Chargers become an NFC team?

My point was that I can't root for the Rams.
eagleaddict
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 12 2016, 11:43 PM) *

Initial reaction around here is just about the ability to see NFL games without having to drive. Everyone has a team already, but most would follow the rams as a second team. There are still a few LA Rams fans here, but not as many as the NFL is claiming. This is a big sports town with successful franchises on the other sports. The Rams MUST be successful for sustainability, but it could work. I really don't know about 2 teams - seems to be a stretch. As always it's all about the money, but I'll go to games, especially every Eagles game.
Rick
An NFL team has yet to be successful in the area. I'll be surprised if one is successful now....especially since they aren't very good.
nd9kel
The new stadium won't be ready until 2019 I believe. The old Coliseum will be the venue until then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.