Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm now convinced it's Pederson
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
And I'm probably the only person who would be happy with that.

Long live Big Red.
nephillymike
No

No

No

No

No

No fucking No!

He doesn't call the plays, and the KC offense under him has been

27th,25th, 21st.

That's like Billy Davis' defensive resume when we got him.

I am not in the business of rewarding below average coaches. And I have nothing against him when he was here as QB coach.

To quote Andy

"I'll Pass"
mcnabbulous
My new dream offseason is Doug and a trade for Geno. cool.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 9 2016, 01:36 PM) *

You are a cruel man.....lol
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 9 2016, 01:36 PM) *

Lol
mcnabbulous
I'd rather this be my legacy than some shitty defensive coach.

I appreciate having you guys. I wouldn't want to go through this shit alone every few years. cheers.gif:
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 9 2016, 12:58 PM) *
To quote Andy

"I'll Pass"

laugh.gif

Not at the buffet table.....
SAM I Am
Bring in Doug and draft a QB. Have Doug be HC/QB for the first 6 or so games, and then we are on our way to a SB!!!
Joegrane
Maybe Shurmur doesn't have the personality to be HC but why would you think he could not call the plays?

Maybe The eagles just need HC and DC. Maybe they like their OC.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 9 2016, 12:58 PM) *
... No!

He doesn't call the plays, and the KC offense under him has been

27th,25th, 21st.

Joegrane
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 9 2016, 10:49 PM) *
Maybe Shurmur doesn't have the personality to be HC but why would you think he could not call the plays?

I don't know Pederson but maybe he has the personality to be HC. If he is friends with Shurmur from their previous days in Philly, it might work.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 9 2016, 10:49 PM) *

I think it would be odd for Pedersen to not call the plays if it is his team. The plays would be his new thing. Kind of like when Andy started, and he surrendered the play calling to someone else from the start.

I wouldn't mind Shurmer as OC.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 10 2016, 01:04 AM) *
I think it would be odd for Pedersen to not call the plays if it is his team. The plays would be his new thing. Kind of like when Andy started, and he surrendered the play calling to someone else from the start.

I wouldn't mind Shurmer as OC.

I completely agree
mcnabbulous
I'd be okay with Pederson HC/Shurmer OC. Allow Doug to bring back the Andy playbook, which is one of the best in the business, while Shurmer could incorporate some of Chip's philosophies.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 10 2016, 09:10 AM) *
I'd be okay with Pederson HC/Shurmer OC. Allow Doug to bring back the Andy playbook, which is one of the best in the business, while Shurmer could incorporate some of Chip's philosophies.

Based on recent performance of Andy's offense, I don't think it's close to being the best in the business.

Now the KC defensive playbook, that is something to covet..........

I do agree and I would welcome Shurmur's common sense tweaks to Chip's system and I think that would be a better offense than Andy's.

I think Shurmur is higher in the pecking order than Pederson, as OC or HC if I'm making the decision. I don't think the teaming of those two gives us any net gain. I'd rather have defensive minded HC, Shurmur as OC and an up and coming defensive coordinator who can be guided by the new HC. I think if we hire an offensive minded HC, Shurmer is likely gone.
mcnabbulous
I think you're too hung up on yards. They took over the 32nd ranked scoring offense and have gone 6/16/9 in that respect the past three seasons.

I heard or saw the other day that they have been running the fewest plays in the league this season (or close to it). They have been methodical and efficient, while allowing their stout defense to lead the way.

I don't think you would want or expect anything more out of Alex Smith.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 9 2016, 07:36 PM) *

laugh.gif
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 9 2016, 12:40 PM) *
And I'm probably the only person who would be happy with that.

Long live Big Red.

Lurie knows he will lose the fan base if he hired Pedersen. He interviewed him as a courtesy to Reid and to Pedersen .... not too different from the Staley interview. This won't happen.
HobbEs
Where is the puke emoticon again?
make_it_rain
At this point, I don't even care. This whole nuking of the team has just made me indifferent.

Keep Bradford (which prob means retaining Shurmur in some form), switch to a 4-3, add a receiver who can play, draft some lineman and I'm good.

Bring on the draft sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.