Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worried about Peters
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I know the news is all about the coaching search, but no matter who coaches, this team still needs to fix the OL. Peters thinks he's not done, but you'd expect him to say that. If his back problem is degenerative as had been reported the OL is in worse shape than imagined. The team needs to prepare for that eventuality.

If Johnson moves to the left, that leaves at least a G and T that needs to be inserted as immediate starters who will protect Bradford, both on the right side. FA is the safest bet for the RT and there are some available in FA. Is it possible to draft a G early who can start between Kelce and a good RT?

Peters is set to cost $9.2 mil this year but only $3 mil if cut before June 1 and only $1 mil if cut after June 1. They need to sign Bradford and that won't be cheap. They need a starting WR, at least a starting G and they need cap space.

What do you do?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 9 2016, 08:02 AM) *
I know the news is all about the coaching search, but no matter who coaches, this team still needs to fix the OL. Peters thinks he's not done, but you'd expect him to say that. If his back problem is degenerative as had been reported the OL is in worse shape than imagined. The team needs to prepare for that eventuality.

If Johnson moves to the left, that leaves at least a G and T that needs to be inserted as immediate starters who will protect Bradford, both on the right side. FA is the safest bet for the RT and there are some available in FA. Is it possible to draft a G early who can start between Kelce and a good RT?

Peters is set to cost $9.2 mil this year but only $3 mil if cut before June 1 and only $1 mil if cut after June 1. They need to sign Bradford and that won't be cheap. They need a starting WR, at least a starting G and they need cap space.

What do you do?

My guess is that they restructure Peters....it may not save them a ton but it will likely net them 3-4 million in cap space if not more. They restructure Celek....part ways with Cooper and Sanchez.....either restructure or cut Ryans....it is not hard to see them making cap space easily available....also, if they sign Bradford it will likely be a deal that is very cap friendly next year....same thing with Cox...and I won't be surprised to see a draft full of O=linemen
Eyrie
I'm hoping that 2015 was a result of injury problems that will heal in the off season, but if not then I wouldn't be that upset if we got a second for him in the spring.
SAM I Am
I'm thinking JP is just about done. This is two years in a row now he has struggled --- getting beat by guys that a few years ago he would have easily handled, and resorting to grabbing onto some players to prevent them from getting past him and to the QB.

No doubt injuries and general NFL wear and tear in a long Pro Bowl career have been a part of his decline, but the big guy has been headed down the other side of the hill the past couple of years, and there isn't any turning back.

Great player, great teammate, but I doubt anyone will be giving you a two for him, but if they offered it, I would jump on it before they had a chance to change their mind.

Best thing to do is get him to restructure. This team won't be going anywhere next year anyway.
Joegrane
Would moving Peters to the right side be any easier on his back? Do R OTs typically face more bull rushers than quick DEs?

Would moving him to guard be any easier on his body?

If I understand correctly cutting Ryans only saves 1 mil cap space. If they switch to 4-3 I think they will need him and a draft pick who can learn from the veteran.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 9 2016, 10:13 AM) *
My guess is that they restructure Peters....it may not save them a ton but it will likely net them 3-4 million in cap space if not more. They restructure Celek....part ways with Cooper and Sanchez.....either restructure or cut Ryans....it is not hard to see them making cap space easily available....also, if they sign Bradford it will likely be a deal that is very cap friendly next year....same thing with Cox...and I won't be surprised to see a draft full of O=linemen

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.