Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hollis Rips McDermott
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Hollis Thomas ripped McDermott on air today saying he didn't know what he was doing and lost the team and was disrespected by the players because they thought he didn't know what he was doing. He said that he had the D doing al kind of strange drills that were meaningless.

He says he'll probably end up as a HC, but it can't be here, saying that Lurie and Roseman both know how much he was disrespected and won't take him serious, other than to possibly, if that, give him an interview as a former employee to help his cause of getting a job elsewhere.

Add that to Trot's criticism, and it's probably best that he not come here.
Joegrane
I hear you but I think the bigger issue is that Laurie wants an offensive minded HC.

If I recall correctly the Eagles were stuck with McD because the guy they wanted Spags gut hired by the Rams. If Spags had come to philly, Andy R might still be the coach.

McD was still young, too young for a veteran D that the Eagles had. He was also following a legend. Apparently has figured it out since then. How good is that Carolina D?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 8 2016, 11:13 PM) *
Hollis Thomas ripped McDermott on air today saying he didn't know what he was doing and lost the team and was disrespected by the players because they thought he didn't know what he was doing. He said that he had the D doing al kind of strange drills that were meaningless.

He says he'll probably end up as a HC, but it can't be here, saying that Lurie and Roseman both know how much he was disrespected and won't take him serious, other than to possibly, if that, give him an interview as a former employee to help his cause of getting a job elsewhere.

Reality Fan

While Hollis and Trot are buds there is definitely something there....and it probably means that Lurie knows it as well..
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 9 2016, 12:28 AM) *
I hear you but I think the bigger issue is that Laurie wants an offensive minded HC.

If I recall correctly the Eagles were stuck with McD because the guy they wanted Spags gut hired by the Rams. If Spags had come to philly, Andy R might still be the coach.

McD was still young, too young for a veteran D that the Eagles had. He was also following a legend. Apparently has figured it out since then. How good is that Carolina D?

Spags was LB coach under JJ and got hired as DC for the Giants. Their SB win propelled him to HC in St L.
Phits
It's likely that both of those bitter conniving players expected a JJ retread. Instead they got a DC who was trying to implement his own ideas and transform the D into something closer to his own vision. Clearly the old school players weren't ready for some of the new training concepts and practice techniques. It shows poor leadership that those veteran players didn't rally behind the new D coach and decided to half ass it instead.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 9 2016, 11:45 AM) *
It's likely that both of those bitter conniving players expected a JJ retread. Instead they got a DC who was trying to implement his own ideas and transform the D into something closer to his own vision. Clearly the old school players weren't ready for some of the new training concepts and practice techniques. It shows poor leadership that those veteran players didn't rally behind the new D coach and decided to half ass it instead.

This. Trotter was upset that his career was over, and he fed this kind of crap to Thomas, who was finishing up his own career at the time. He's an entertainer who works with Cataldi, not the Master of Whisperers. *yawn*
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 9 2016, 05:45 PM) *

Wow. I agree with you.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 10 2016, 01:54 PM) *
Wow. I agree with you.

somebody, either reid or higher ups, didnt agree
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.