Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo, RF
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Your boy, Murphy has a good article up, mostly regarding Bradford. He makes yet another convincing argument for keeping him, comparing him to Alex Smith vs the rest of the field. In fact, I'm at the point where I'm thinking they should narrow their search down to a defensive guy, bring Bradford back and keep Shurmer to run the offense. Shurmer is still under contract and I doubt he'll be getting any HC interviews right now. Another option is to hire Shurmer as HC and let him bring in a DC. I prefer that idea to Pedersen who will almost certainly bring back the WCO, forcing Bradford to go Rosetta Stone again. Has Reid ever corrected those frustrating 10 minute play calls followed by a timeout?
Alex Smith seems a pretty good comparable for Bradford, for a number of reasons. Two years ago, the Chiefs were at a juncture similar to the Eagles'. Smith had spent his first eight seasons with the 49ers, compiling a 38-36-1 record as a starter with mediocre career numbers: a 59.3 completion percentage, 2.9 interception percentage, 178.5 yards/game, and 6.6 yards/attempt, 79.1 rating. The Chiefs acquired him for a couple of second-round draft picks and he produced a solid but not spectacular season: 60.6 completion percentage. 1.4 interception percentage, 220.9 yards/game, 6.5 yards/attempt, 89.1 rating.

Bradford's numbers before he joined the Eagles: 18-30-1 as a starter, 58.6 completion percentage, 2.2 interception percentage, 225.8 yards/game, 6.3 yards/attempt, 79.3 rating. Like Bradford, Smith's durability was a question mark, although he never missed an entire season. Aside from Bradford being a couple years younger, he is at a nearly identical juncture to the one Smith was at when the Chiefs signed him to a contract extension before the 2014 season.
Linc ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 8 2016, 07:15 AM) *
Your boy, Murphy has a good article up, mostly regarding Bradford. He makes yet another convincing argument for keeping him, comparing him to Alex Smith vs the rest of the field. In fact, I'm at the point where I'm thinking they should narrow their search down to a defensive guy, bring Bradford back and keep Shurmer to run the offense. Shurmer is still under contract and I doubt he'll be getting any HC interviews right now. Another option is to hire Shurmer as HC and let him bring in a DC. I prefer that idea to Pedersen who will almost certainly bring back the WCO, forcing Bradford to go Rosetta Stone again. Has Reid ever corrected those frustrating 10 minute play calls followed by a timeout?
Linc ...

And, Pedersen does not call the plays.

That being the case, he doesn't fit my criteria.
Joegrane
If Pedersen is HC that would not keep Shumer from being OC.

This is an interesting article on the Andy Reid connections to guys being interviewed.
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...ew-eagles-coach

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 8 2016, 10:43 PM) *
And, Pedersen does not call the plays.

That being the case, he doesn't fit my criteria.

Zero
It makes sense that Lurie is trying to replicate his success.

Unlike most, I'm not sure I'd vomit if he hired Pedersen. Not my choice on any level, but if he's not going to call the plays he'd be the manager of the team and allow the coordinators to do what they do. I have no idea how he'd be at that job.

I'm more interested in names like Guenther and Koetter, but only from what I read and that's only as revealing as who writes it. Guenther sounds like a good leader and someone the players would "run through the wall for".

Listening to Missanelli yesterday, he asked what people want in a new coach. My answer is "atteetude !!!!!!!" I want a coach who will set the tone for how the team plays, not necessarily for what the team plays. As a fan, I want to feel like every player truly left everything on the field after every game and that was my biggest problem with many of the games lost with Kelly ... they didn't seem to WANT the win more than the other team did. To me, Kelly's teams played more finesse football than snot knocking football.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.