Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Love for Lovie
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
You can add Lovie Smith to the list of unemployed

Linc

I'm surprised that he only got a 2 season leash, especially considering he just got a franchise QB.
Zero
It makes no sense for Winston to start over with a new offensive system. For that reason and others, it's natural to wonder if the possibility of losing Koetter contributed to Licht's decision.

Koetter was reported to be on the radar for several head-coaching openings after overseeing Matt Ryan's rise in Atlanta and Winston's development in Tampa Bay.

Licht will conduct a thorough coaching search with several candidates over the next week or so. It will be interesting to see if Koetter is ultimately promoted when the process is completed.
Here ...
Rick
I wouldn't be unhappy if the Eagles were to show interest in Smith. Always liked the guy and what he has done.
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 7 2016, 06:25 AM) *
I wouldn't be unhappy if the Eagles were to show interest in Smith. Always liked the guy and what he has done.

I think he is a better fit as a DC rather than a HC.
Rick
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 7 2016, 07:52 AM) *
I think he is a better fit as a DC rather than a HC.

I don't know, he did a good job in Chicago as HC...
Phits
Smithís poor performance goes beyond just Tampa Bay: After a promising start in Chicago, he struggled for most of his tenure there. Going back to his time with the Bears, Smith has missed the playoffs in seven of his last eight seasons as a head coach. Thatís not good.

Linc
Rick
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 7 2016, 08:27 AM) *

My math may be off but I believe he was 81-63 and missed the playoffs his last season there when he was 10-6. He also was playing in a tough division--those guys in GB have been pretty good for quite some time now and the Vikings seem to alternate between good/bad. So I think it's not taking his whole career there into perspective.

I'd have no problems if the Eagles were interested in him. He is a good coach.
mcnabbulous
Lovie is a good coach, but you can't win with a defensive coach and no QB. The fact that he had that much success with Rex Grossman is a testament to his abilities as a coach.

He really got a raw deal finally getting a capable QB and getting dumped. With that said, they shit the bed their last 4 games. Dirk Koetter doesn't impress me though, so whatever. I'm glad I don't have to worry about us making a play for him.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 7 2016, 10:31 AM) *
Lovie is a good coach, but you can't win with a defensive coach and no QB. The fact that he had that much success with Rex Grossman is a testament to his abilities as a coach.

He really got a raw deal finally getting a capable QB and getting dumped. With that said, they shit the bed their last 4 games. Dirk Koetter doesn't impress me though, so whatever. I'm glad I don't have to worry about us making a play for him.

After being dumped at HC twice, think he might wanna start from the beginning again and be DC? If he's willing, would anyone here wanna take a shot for him at DC? I think we're all agree how we feel about Davis.
Rick
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Jan 7 2016, 11:31 AM) *
After being dumped at HC twice, think he might wanna start from the beginning again and be DC? If he's willing, would anyone here wanna take a shot for him at DC? I think we're all agree how we feel about Davis.

I'd not be unhappy with him at DC if he decided to do it.
The Franchise
The Bucs are a terrible organization, they don't deserve anything that's been served to them over the years by Dungy, Gruden, etc. I said I wanted McDermott as HC, I don't think he'd hire Lovie as DC and I don't think he'd take the job, but I'd be happy as hell.
nephillymike
Didn't Licht get Howied in the past?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.