Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our FA pool - Who do you bring back?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdman420
WR Seyi Ajirotutu

CB E.J. Biggers

QB Sam Bradford

CB Nolan Carroll

DE Vinny Curry

LB Najee Goode

QB Thad Lewis

DE Cedric Thornton

S Walter Thurmond
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Jan 5 2016, 01:16 PM) *
WR Seyi Ajirotutu

CB E.J. Biggers

QB Sam Bradford

CB Nolan Carroll

DE Vinny Curry

LB Najee Goode

QB Thad Lewis

DE Cedric Thornton

S Walter Thurmond

I would like to bring back Thurmond, either Curry or Thornton (preferably Curry, and give him more playing time) Carroll or Biggers (preferably Carroll, but I believe Biggers will certainly be cheaper) and then Bradford. But if he proves to be too expensive to get then I would like to add Thornton too.
CT_Eagle
CB E.J. Biggers

QB Sam Bradford

CB Nolan Carroll

DE Vinny Curry

DE Cedric Thornton

S Walter Thurmond

The Franchise
Bradford, if the price is right.

Everyone else - bye Felicia!
Eyrie
Depending on his suitability for our projected offense, Bradford has to be the #1 priority.

Thornton and Curry are next, followed by Thurmond.

Ajirotutu would depend on his STs play, and Carroll may have to be the third CB behind Maxwell and Rowe.
Joegrane
Too much depends on the "systems" of the coaches.

If they go to a 4-3 Curry becomes very attractive.

I think Caroll is gone due to Rowe's half-decent rookie performance. Thurmond might then be more attractive since he would be a backup CB as well as FS. Remember they liked rookie CB Shephard before he got hurt.

Of course if they bring back Carroll not Thurmond and Rowe looses out at CB, the team could nudge Rowe to take over the vacant Safety spot. Rowe looks like he will be a stud Safety.

Since the Eagles could save 5 mil by cutting B Celek he is like a FA. I really like Celek--obviously-- however I don't see how he comes back at anywhere near that salary.

The situation at OT is very interesting. If they draft a projected Right OT of the future in round 1, do they move Johnson to the left side, and try to negotiate with Peters for a better deal for the team. Since Peters would be a Right OT he would not be worth quite as much. When he gets injured the Rt. OT of the future would fill in. Of course you don't want to go so far that you piss off a future Hall of Famer.

Btw, I would consider trading down in round 1 if a decent R OT would be available there. That might allow them to pick up a low second or third--don't have link to the draft spot calculator handy. When you think of some potential positions of need and the lack of cap space, they'll have to fill them in the draft-- MLB if they switch to 4-3, OG, maybe a DE if Curry flies the coop.

QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Jan 5 2016, 01:29 PM) *
I would like to bring back Thurmond, either Curry or Thornton (preferably Curry, and give him more playing time) Carroll or Biggers (preferably Carroll, but I believe Biggers will certainly be cheaper) and then Bradford. But if he proves to be too expensive to get then I would like to add Thornton too.
nephillymike
Judging from how well they played here, our need at that position, and twhat I percieve to be as the cost to keep them, here is my keep meter, 10 = absolutely, 5 = not sure, 1 - no way

WR Seyi Ajirotutu - 5. Not a WR per se, but a hell of a ST player.

CB E.J. Biggers - 6. Not great but flashed a little and our DB needs help

QB Sam Bradford - 5. Came on strong. Price concerns vs performance

CB Nolan Carroll - 7 Played well enough. Don't think money will be too high

DE Vinny Curry - 7 very productive. O/S chance that money will be too high.

LB Najee Goode - 4. bottom of the roster guy not normally reserved for FA"s

QB Thad Lewis - 2. Don;t know what he can do

DE Cedric Thornton - 6. Didn't make many plays. Wouldn't pay too much

S Walter Thurmond - 8. dude is always making plays. Need to keep him and give the S spot stability w. he and Jenks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.