Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McDermott and Shrumur
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
FWIW., both were Eagles coaches from 1999 to 2008 together, then Shurmur left for STL. Ten years on the same staff is a lot of time together.

McDermtt played HS ball at the same HS that Shurmur's kid played for, La Salle College High School, and a teammate of McDermott's was Shurmur's kid offensive coordinator.

Could a McDermott HC, Shurmur OC and Fipp STC trio be a possibility? If that was the case, wouldn't Bradford likely stay?

I didn't know they were on the same staff that long.

Ths could be a possibility, just sayin'.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2016, 11:19 PM) *
FWIW., both were Eagles coaches from 1999 to 2008 together, then Shurmur left for STL. Ten years on the same staff is a lot of time together.

McDermtt played HS ball at the same HS that Shurmur's kid played for, La Salle College High School, and a teammate of McDermott's was Shurmur's kid offensive coordinator.

Could a McDermott HC, Shurmur OC and Fipp STC trio be a possibility? If that was the case, wouldn't Bradford likely stay?

you don't want him to stay.....
nephillymike
I really like this offense.....................
samaroo
I think McDermott is my #1 hope for HC, but I wonder if it's not more likely that Shurmer gets the job. Everything about this situation stinks, and the smell is coming from Howie's office.
Phits
Regarding Shurmur.....

samaroo
I didn't say I wanted him, just that I think that might be the most likely outcome right now. I just want Howie gone. He seems cancerous, and I doubt anyone's ability to thrive or grow or build under his poison cloud. I think with him on the committee to find a HC, he's more concerned with who he deems a threat to his throne than what's best for the team. We got rid of a Rat, we don't need a Gollum.
Joegrane
I see it as much more than just a possibility. Since the front office situation and salary cap limitations will not be attractive to prospective coaches, they may need intangables to attract talent. In this case it could be comfort and familiarity with the Philly area and friends in the organization. Maybe a degree of confidence that they can work with Howie will be a factor.

Maybe on the positive side, J Laurie has a history of not playing GM--unlike a guy in Dallas and the former guy in Oakland. It might be said that Laurie believes he should put great trust in his coaches--maybe to a fault. However, that could be something attractive.

Will a coach want a deal to be worked out with Bradford before agreeing to come? This might force the Eagles to slightly overpay for Sam.

Could something similar happen with the D coordinator and Curry?

I have not been following coaching hires over the years so I don't know how often this situation happens. I assume it is not often that a team has an above average QB who needs to be resigned and are also looking for a coach.

Btw. Someone mentioned Houston as a possible landing spot for Bradford. He was born in OK and went to college there.

Might the Rams be interested in trading for Foles? : (

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2016, 11:19 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.