Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not again
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
Two years running we can't manage a loss to the NJ VaGiants in a meaningless end of season game to improve our draft position mad.gif

Very mixed feelings watching this evening. I'd punch the air at a completion or tackle, then start swearing at the TV because every successful play put us further from that loss.
nephillymike
Yeah, it was tough to watch.

Cheering with every good play for us, then cursing at the bad ones, then asking myself WTH am I doing.

Tough to root for them to lose.
Zero
I hear ya, Eyrie. This is a fitting end to this season. These guys can't do anything to help themselves.
The Franchise
At least it's NY, and in their house. Better than winning a meaningless game against the Dolphins.
mcnabbulous
I'm happy our franchise doesn't quit. It is probably the difference between #13 and #10 but we got to send Coughlin out losing to our birds. Worth it.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 3 2016, 08:19 PM) *
I'm happy our franchise doesn't quit. It is probably the difference between #13 and #10 but we got to send Coughlin out losing to our birds. Worth it.

Have to agree and I'm not sure the three spots will make a huge difference anyway. As always though, they need to go into the draft in position to draft PBA and avoid a need pick at all costs.

Speaking of need picks, am I the only one surprised at Smith's play today?
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 3 2016, 08:19 PM) *

I'm with you. I hate the notion of losing to improve position....especially when it's to a division rival.
Rick
I was (almost) pulling for a loss. But, what kept sticking out to me is the effort. Where the hell was that in last week's game or other games that actually MEANT something?
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 4 2016, 07:04 PM) *
I was (almost) pulling for a loss. But, what kept sticking out to me is the effort. Where the hell was that in last week's game or other games that actually MEANT something?

Teams usually band together after a coaching change or a star player going down. Unfortunately, the real test would have been the next game....

Notice the D still sucked ass?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 4 2016, 07:09 PM) *
Teams usually band together after a coaching change or a star player going down. Unfortunately, the real test would have been the next game....

Notice the D still sucked ass?

I think Davis was the offensive MVP for every team the Eagles played......you have to really want to lose if his defense gets the better of you....
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 3 2016, 08:49 PM) *
Speaking of need picks, am I the only one surprised at Smith's play today?

When Marcus Smith recorded that sack, a gulp of beer went down the wrong tube. The road to redemption begins now! laugh.gif
D Rock
Worst case is a move from #9 to #17. Not insignificant.

That said, anyone who would have been willing to tank after an "in season" coach's firing would be shown the door by the football men in the front office.

Oh.... Wait...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.