Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This doesn't sound good
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...oseman-donahoe/

Howie in charge of player personnel?

Jeez Louise!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2016, 12:22 AM) *
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...oseman-donahoe/

Howie in charge of player personnel?

Jeez Louise!

merely the guy's take on old news.....the word out from multiple reports is that the Eagles will hire a personnel guy...a point already mentioned in another thread
Zero
I'm also not thrilled about reports that the Eagles will pursue Gase aggressively. I have no idea if he is or isn't the next great HC and his resume with QBs sounds good. If we can take those "aggressively" part seriously, wouldn't it be better to interview the guy first?

mcnabbulous
You need to be aggressive when you're chasing a hot commodity and you have the (at best) third best sales pitch.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 3 2016, 09:02 AM) *
You need to be aggressive when you're chasing a hot commodity and you have the (at best) third best sales pitch.

At best, third best pitch? Explain, please.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 3 2016, 09:02 AM) *

hmmm...what are the first 2?
mcnabbulous
Indy and Tenn because of their QB situations.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 3 2016, 09:27 AM) *

Agreed.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 3 2016, 09:00 AM) *
I'm also not thrilled about reports that the Eagles will pursue Gase aggressively. I have no idea if he is or isn't the next great HC and his resume with QBs sounds good. If we can take those "aggressively" part seriously, wouldn't it be better to interview the guy first?

I would not get too carried away.......in this situation every tom dick and harry will be rumored as the target of an aggressive push by teams seeking a coach....many times it is done as a favor for the agent of the coach.....sadly our beat writers here have such a bad pulse of the team and such little respect from the owner due to their poor performance so we have few clues who the front runner is...we will have a clue on this week.....
Reality Fan
and here is a great example of guys claiming they know who the favorite is...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/3/10703...candidate-rumor
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 3 2016, 09:27 AM) *

hmmm...interesting choices.....I have to disagree with Tenn. simply because the franchise itself is a mess......she demonstrate no patience with a coach and are a small market team...
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/wt1sr...ia_market_size/

Indy is an good point though...small market but good situation....but a drug addled owner makes it a little suspect..
mcnabbulous
Tenn will have the first pick and have a potential franchise QB. Nashville is a great town. If I were a potential head coach, it would probably be the first choice.
mcnabbulous
Tenn will have the first pick and have a potential franchise QB. Nashville is a great town. If I were a potential head coach, it would probably be the first choice.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 3 2016, 12:11 PM) *

Nashville is a blast but it does not compare to the Philly area and its proximity to NY, Balt and DC.....and the ownership there is a mess which is the biggest thing...this says it all:
http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/p...tans-to-be-sold

Coaches can visit in the offseason....Neither Whisenhut or Mularkey got a fair shake and that speaks volumes...
mcnabbulous
Mularkey and Whisenhunt are terrible. I love Philly, but I don't think coaches give a shit about the elements you just named.

Ownership is definitely a big factor though.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 3 2016, 02:03 PM) *
Mularkey and Whisenhunt are terrible. I love Philly, but I don't think coaches give a shit about the elements you just named.

Ownership is definitely a big factor though.

I agree...they don't give a shit...and they don't give a shit about Nashville being a great town....they will care that the ownership is a total mess with competing interests..
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 3 2016, 01:14 PM) *
I agree...they don't give a shit...and they don't give a shit about Nashville being a great town....they will care that the ownership is a total mess with competing interests..

I think they'll care about the QB situation more than anything. That's what is the primary factor in making 3 year coaching tenures 10.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 3 2016, 02:22 PM) *
I think they'll care about the QB situation more than anything. That's what is the primary factor in making 3 year coaching tenures 10.

I think that's a stretch. QB is important but if the organization is dysfunctional it won't help.
mcnabbulous
I would put the Giants above the Eagles as it relates to vacant coaching opportunities. It might be the best job on the market, to be honest.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 3 2016, 09:00 AM) *

He got to watch Manning put up points for a couple years, and he's the OC for a 6-10 team that scored fewer points than the Texans. Jay Cutler has a career average rating of 86, this year he's 92. Can we stop with the flavor of the month horseshit? Get a proven coach, preferably defensive minded.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 4 2016, 02:21 PM) *
He got to watch Manning put up points for a couple years

Correction: Was Manning's OC when he had, by far, the best season of his career and increased their scoring average by a full TD.

and he's the OC for a 6-10 team that scored fewer points than the Texans. Jay Cutler has a career average rating of 86, this year he's 92. Can we stop with the flavor of the month horseshit? Get a proven coach, preferably defensive minded.

Jay Cutler had the best season of his career with the least talented receiving core he's ever been afforded. His INT % was nearly a full point lower than his career average. This, despite the fact, that his best receiving option (Jeffrey) was injured for half the year and they traded away his best receiver from the year before (Marshall).

Would love to know what proven means, but surely it's just as wise as your Gus Bradley love affair from the last go round.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 4 2016, 05:03 PM) *
Correction: Was Manning's OC when he had, by far, the best season of his career and increased their scoring average by a full TD.

Does your fanboy-ism know no bounds?! Manning is Manning's OC - every OC he's ever had should just shutup, pretend they're doing something important during games, and thank him for existing. Geno Smith could've thrown for 40 td's with that receiving corps. Well, maybe not 40, but you get the idea.....

Cutler's season was solid, as his career has been. They're 6-10. Try again.

As for Bradley, it's not really fair to judge someone based on how they do in Jacksonville, but I will say that 'proven' certainly would include being the architect of a defense that's taken a team to back-to-back-(to back?) Super Bowls. As opposed to not winning big games in college, and watching from the sidelines while arguably the best QB in NFL history throws to D.Thomas, J.Thomas, Decker, and Welker. Maybe Lurie should've gone for Bradley. Fun fact for you fanboys - the Jags have put up more offensive points than the genius did this year. laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Jan 4 2016, 06:58 PM) *
Does your fanboy-ism know no bounds?! Manning is Manning's OC - every OC he's ever had should just shutup, pretend they're doing something important during games, and thank him for existing. Geno Smith could've thrown for 40 td's with that receiving corps. Well, maybe not 40, but you get the idea.....

Why the fuck would I be an Adam Gase fanboy? That doesn't even make fucking sense.

He threw 6 more TDs than any other season in his career and 18 more than the previous season. Then, the season after Gase left, Manning completely fell off a cliff.

Cutler's season was solid, as his career has been. They're 6-10. Try again.

It was the best statistical season of his career with worst receiving options.

As for Bradley, it's not really fair to judge someone based on how they do in Jacksonville

It's not fair to judge a defensive coach who can't improve a defense in three years?

but I will say that 'proven' certainly would include being the architect of a defense that's taken a team to back-to-back-(to back?) Super Bowls.

You're referring to Pete Carroll. Do you even watch football?

As opposed to not winning big games in college

Chip was 26-21. Gus Bradley is 12-36. You're pathetic.

and watching from the sidelines while arguably the best QB in NFL history throws to D.Thomas, J.Thomas, Decker, and Welker.

By far the best season of his career, post neck surgery.

Maybe Lurie should've gone for Bradley. Fun fact for you fanboys - the Jags have put up more offensive points than the genius did this year. laugh.gif

Yeah, everyone credits Bradley for that offense. Or maybe it was largely because of their stud, second year WR who led the league in TDs. Ya know, the one that I took shit for declaring a stud before the season and clamored for in the draft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.