Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does it bother anyone else
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
when they hear J. Kelce talking about the team, time and time again?

STFU and do YOUR job, and maybe you'll be lucky to keep YOUR job.

Per the film watchers, he was horrendous this year.

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 2 2016, 03:23 PM) *

In general I never want to hear from current players. They very seldom if ever say anything compelling.

110%.... Teammates are awesome.....we have to put this behind us...I didn't see any of that on the sideline....we have to do better at this or that....love the coach....blah blah blah

And sometimes the host doing the interview will acknowledge that the player simply isn't being honest by saying, " yea but c'mon...what's he supposed to say." And yes I get it. I don't want a player attacking teammates, play calling or coaches because it doesn't help anything and damages a locker room. Basically I don't expect honesty when they talk

And because of that....I prefer they say nothing and stop wasting my time
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 2 2016, 02:23 PM) *

I am curious about something and the film watchers....

The line played poorly but Bradford missed all these "wide open" WRs

The running game was ineffective...but Bradford missed all these "wide open" WRs (note...if there is no running game the defenses key on the pass)

The WRs were horrible and got no separation but Bradford missed all these "wide Open" WRs.....

Which is it? They can't all be correct......

If these 3 premises are correct and I think they are then you should be thrilled with Bradford....yet, with all these parts playing poorly, you somehow expected him to be Joe Montana to change your mind....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 2 2016, 04:13 PM) *
I am curious about something and the film watchers....

The line played poorly but Bradford missed all these "wide open" WRs

The running game was ineffective...but Bradford missed all these "wide open" WRs (note...if there is no running game the defenses key on the pass)

The WRs were horrible and got no separation but Bradford missed all these "wide Open" WRs.....

Which is it? They can't all be correct......

If these 3 premises are correct and I think they are then you should be thrilled with Bradford....yet, with all these parts playing poorly, you somehow expected him to be Joe Montana to change your mind....

With #1 being the best and #32 the worst, the Eagles are:

24th in QB hits
19th in sacks
19th in rush yds/att
27th in INT
23rd in YPA
26th in QB rating
32nd in dropped pass %

It looks like he had a below average line for run and pass, the worst hands for WR's, and a poor QB rating. The drops tell most of the story how bad the WR's are, but what's missing is the receivers who were open and not seen. According to Diddy, Jaws, Baldy, Westbrook et al, there were a lot. Even if you ignore that important fact not in the stats, there is nothing in Bradford's performance that says he's worth what it will cost to keep him.

So once again, what is your limit? Do you go four years, 18M per year with $40M guaranteed on this guy? Could look something like:

SB = $20M
Salaries of: 8M, 12M, 14M, 18M
Cap Hits of: 13M, 17M, 19M, 23M
Guarantee of SB 20M + 1st 2 yrs salaries of 8M and 12M = 40M

I don't see it. And you know me I was never concerned about the injury risk. It was always a performance risk for me. But even if you are like most people and factor in a greater than average injury risk?

I just don't see it.

You know the strange thing for me? Not that I would do it, but I'd think about it more, is if we kept the Kelly offense, put some audibles in there and force him to keep the ball on the read option a few times a game, I would think about more. Reason being is that there is the sunk cost of learning the system that would put us ahead early on versus some others. Not that I would do it, but I would think about it longer.

Do you do the above deal?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 2 2016, 07:57 PM) *
With #1 being the best and #32 the worst, the Eagles are:

24th in QB hits
19th in sacks
19th in rush yds/att
27th in INT
23rd in YPA
26th in QB rating
32nd in dropped pass %

It looks like he had a below average line for run and pass, the worst hands for WR's, and a poor QB rating. The drops tell most of the story how bad the WR's are, but what's missing is the receivers who were open and not seen. According to Diddy, Jaws, Baldy, Westbrook et al, there were a lot. Even if you ignore that important fact not in the stats, there is nothing in Bradford's performance that says he's worth what it will cost to keep him.

So once again, what is your limit? Do you go four years, 18M per year with $40M guaranteed on this guy? Could look something like:

SB = $20M
Salaries of: 8M, 12M, 14M, 18M
Cap Hits of: 13M, 17M, 19M, 23M
Guarantee of SB 20M + 1st 2 yrs salaries of 8M and 12M = 40M

I don't see it. And you know me I was never concerned about the injury risk. It was always a performance risk for me. But even if you are like most people and factor in a greater than average injury risk?

I just don't see it.

You know the strange thing for me? Not that I would do it, but I'd think about it more, is if we kept the Kelly offense, put some audibles in there and force him to keep the ball on the read option a few times a game, I would think about more. Reason being is that there is the sunk cost of learning the system that would put us ahead early on versus some others. Not that I would do it, but I would think about it longer.

Do you do the above deal?

so funny you do not see the hypocrisy.....

Just listen to these guys...they talk about how terrible the WRs are....
How bad the line is...
You can't say on one hand the WRs are terrible and get no separation and then say the QB is terrible because he misses all these wide open WRs.....do you see the irony? If they are horrible and can't get separation what does that tell you? That very few fucking WRs are running free.....damn...
I don't care about the rankings...my eyes saw every game.....

I want him to sign somewhere else....I can't take him signing here....give me Ryan Mallet.....you deserve it..
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 2 2016, 08:41 PM) *
so funny you do not see the hypocrisy.....

Just listen to these guys...they talk about how terrible the WRs are....
How bad the line is...
You can't say on one hand the WRs are terrible and get no separation and then say the QB is terrible because he misses all these wide open WRs.....do you see the irony? If they are horrible and can't get separation what does that tell you? That very few fucking WRs are running free.....damn...
I don't care about the rankings...my eyes saw every game.....

I want him to sign somewhere else....I can't take him signing here....give me Ryan Mallet.....you deserve it..

You want to learn something?

Watch this week's Eagles Game Plan on TV.

There is a segment by Cosell on there about Bradford.

You remember the TD that Algholar dropped. Valid point.

But you disregard the two blown TD's by Bradford:

The overthrow to Ertz and the slant and go to Algholar. Both were no doubt TD's.

Both are easy plays that 75% of the starting QB's make.

Sure Algholar's screw up was 7 points and more than 75% of the WR's catch that..

But Bradford's was 14.

Watch it and learn.

It has been that way almost every friggin week.

Our WR's suckitude does not excuse the two missed TD's.

It does not!!

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 2 2016, 09:33 PM) *
You want to learn something?

Watch this week's Eagles Game Plan on TV.

There is a segment by Cosell on there about Bradford.

You remember the TD that Algholar dropped. Valid point.

But you disregard the two blown TD's by Bradford:

The overthrow to Ertz and the slant and go to Algholar. Both were no doubt TD's.

Both are easy plays that 75% of the starting QB's make.

Sure Algholar's screw up was 7 points and more than 75% of the WR's catch that..

But Bradford's was 14.

Watch it and learn.

It has been that way almost every friggin week.

Our WR's suckitude does not excuse the two missed TD's.

It does not!!

hahaha...I love it...the overthrow to Ertz you say?....watch the whole play...it would have been great to hit it......but Bradford gets killed on the play and he rushed the pass to get it off as he is buried by the blitzing LB...but you knew that...if not watch and learn....wow(glad you think that was an easy throw.....)
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...on-sure-fire-TD

I did not say that he is Brady but he was very good the last 6 weeks......but guess what...100% of Pro QBs miss some open WRs.....it is a combination of play design, progressions and QB error....the good ones have less of the 3rd....

Like I said...I hope he signs elsewhere......you really deserve a Ryan Mallet or a Brandon Weeden....but what the heck...at least we will have more cap space...

nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 3 2016, 12:25 AM) *
hahaha...I love it...the overthrow to Ertz you say?....watch the whole play...it would have been great to hit it......but Bradford gets killed on the play and he rushed the pass to get it off as he is buried by the blitzing LB...but you knew that...if not watch and learn....wow(glad you think that was an easy throw.....)
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...on-sure-fire-TD

I did not say that he is Brady but he was very good the last 6 weeks......but guess what...100% of Pro QBs miss some open WRs.....it is a combination of play design, progressions and QB error....the good ones have less of the 3rd....

Like I said...I hope he signs elsewhere......you really deserve a Ryan Mallet or a Brandon Weeden....but what the heck...at least we will have more cap space...

C'mon really??

Really?

Ertz had nobody in front or in back of him. He just had to lob it up there. Does he get hit? Sure, like most of all the other QB's get hit. Both that pass and the one to Algholar were the in the progressions, both first options.

Nothing on the slant and go to Algholar either? He didn't get hit there. That's a basic TD pass for 75% of the league and Ryan Mallet isn't one of the 75%.

All year long the WR's sucked.

All year long they dropped passes.

But all year long shit like this has happened.

This is the type of things that the film watchers see week after week, thus the lukewarm response to Bradford.

But you refuse to acknowledge it, throwing up some shit about Mallet.

For $8-10M a year maybe I take that chance. Maybe.

Can't do it for the big bucks.

So once again, do YOU sign him for that deal I listed below?

Yes or No?

As Meat Loaf would say "What's it going to be boy, yes or no??"

Phits
He rushed that pass to Ertz. No excuse for that. However you are kidding yourself if you think 8-10 million is a reasonable offer in today's NFL. It's likely to be between 15-18 million, probably 3 years. Just enough time for a new coach to evaluate his play in the new system and/or to draft/sign his replacement if things don't go well.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2016, 12:38 AM) *
C'mon really??

Really?

Ertz had nobody in front or in back of him. He just had to lob it up there. Does he get hit? Sure, like most of all the other QB's get hit. Both that pass and the one to Algholar were the in the progressions, both first options.

Nothing on the slant and go to Algholar either? He didn't get hit there. That's a basic TD pass for 75% of the league and Ryan Mallet isn't one of the 75%.

This is the type of things that the film watchers see week after week, thus the lukewarm response to Bradford.

Yes or No?

nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 3 2016, 01:03 AM) *
He rushed that pass to Ertz. No excuse for that. However you are kidding yourself if you think 8-10 million is a reasonable offer in today's NFL. It's likely to be between 15-18 million, probably 3 years. Just enough time for a new coach to evaluate his play in the new system and/or to draft/sign his replacement if things don't go well.

The $8-10M average would rank his deal 20th-21st in the NFL, 6 spots above his passer rating rank for this year greater than that for his career passer rating rank.

I'm not saying that's what he'll get. He'll get approx the deal I estimated, 18M/year for 4 years, $40M guarantee. BTW, that deal would rank 12th highest in the league for QB's. The $40M guaranteed would rank 14th highest.

That's what he'll get.

I know market value etc, but I just don't see him being worth that, even with market inflation.

Do you do the $18M/year/4 yrs/$40M guaranteed deal?
Eagle2720
I love Ertz and everything and I agree it was a bit overthrown, but these are NFL players who practice catching and diving catches all the time, not some high school kid. He reached out the best he could, but he could have also dove a little for that ball. Wasn't that far ahead of him.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2016, 06:19 AM) *
The $8-10M average would rank his deal 20th-21st in the NFL, 6 spots above his passer rating rank for this year greater than that for his career passer rating rank.

I'm not saying that's what he'll get. He'll get approx the deal I estimated, 18M/year for 4 years, $40M guarantee. BTW, that deal would rank 12th highest in the league for QB's. The $40M guaranteed would rank 14th highest.

That's what he'll get.

I know market value etc, but I just don't see him being worth that, even with market inflation.

Do you do the $18M/year/4 yrs/$40M guaranteed deal?

OK, so if Bradford won't sign for the offer you'd make, who is the alternative?

Is there someone who could be a one year fill in and a top ten pick?

Is there a better FA that we could sign?

Is there a QB we could trade for?

The other issue as raised by Phits is that if we do keep Bradford then we're not going to draft a QB in the first round this year to replace him. We have too many other holes to fill (T, G, OLB/DE and WR).
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 3 2016, 06:07 AM) *
OK, so if Bradford won't sign for the offer you'd make, who is the alternative?

Is there someone who could be a one year fill in and a top ten pick?

Is there a better FA that we could sign?

Is there a QB we could trade for?

The other issue as raised by Phits is that if we do keep Bradford then we're not going to draft a QB in the first round this year to replace him. We have too many other holes to fill (T, G, OLB/DE and WR).

There's an update to all the Kaepernick chatter. Either the 9ers want to keep him to compete as the starter or they're trying to drive his price up. Not that the 9ers are hurting for cap space, but he'll count almost $15.9 mil against their cap next year but the dead money is only $7.4 mil. If they're committed to Gabbert, that sounds like a lot to eat for a backup.
Rick
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Jan 3 2016, 01:46 AM) *
I love Ertz and everything and I agree it was a bit overthrown, but these are NFL players who practice catching and diving catches all the time, not some high school kid. He reached out the best he could, but he could have also dove a little for that ball. Wasn't that far ahead of him.

I've been saying all season the receivers need to step up and make a play. They certainly missed enough perfectly-thrown balls, they, at least, could go make a moderately tough catch every now and then. Just wasn't happening all season.
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 3 2016, 07:37 AM) *
There's an update to all the Kaepernick chatter. Either the 9ers want to keep him to compete as the starter or they're trying to drive his price up. Not that the 9ers are hurting for cap space, but he'll count almost $15.9 mil against their cap next year but the dead money is only $7.4 mil. If they're committed to Gabbert, that sounds like a lot to eat for a backup.

Wow! I'll be pretty surprised if they keep him after how this season has played out.

I still like Kapernick and think he can be very good in certain types of offenses. Just don't know what type of offense the Eagles will have next season. So, while I was all for trying to get him in a trade (if decent) to run Kelly's offense, now, who knows...

As far as Bradford, someone will over-pay him. The $8-10 million isn't going to be reasonable in today's climate (IMO). Players are worth what the market bears. I believe this market--with weak QB play overall and not much available in the draft or FA--is creating an inflated price for a QB who played better as the season progressed. The question is whether they believe Bradford is THE guy or not. If he is, then, yeah, over-pay him. If not, then it's TRULY a rebuilding season coming up.

More importantly, this is all assuming he wants to stay in Philly now. I'm not so sure he does at this point. I know I'd be looking elsewhere if I were him.

They almost have no choice but to pursue Bradford aggressively--again, if they believe he is THE guy.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2016, 12:38 AM) *
C'mon really??

Really?

Yes or No?

I don't even try to sign him and if I am Bradford I run from this fan base.....it is an exercise in folly.....fault would be found in a SB win....

Johnny football....that is what you deserve....glad you think every QB could have made that throw....the other angle of the replay shows just how stupid that comment was....sadly I have it on my dvr but can't find it on the web...

I surrender........bring on Mallet.....Manzeil.....Hoyer......it is what you earned...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 3 2016, 09:33 AM) *
I don't even try to sign him and if I am Bradford I run from this fan base.....it is an exercise in folly.....fault would be found in a SB win....

Johnny football....that is what you deserve....glad you think every QB could have made that throw....the other angle of the replay shows just how stupid that comment was....sadly I have it on my dvr but can't find it on the web...

I surrender........bring on Mallet.....Manzeil.....Hoyer......it is what you earned...

Didn't answer the question
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2016, 01:22 PM) *
Didn't answer the question

I have been pretty clear about liking him....but you do not deserve a good QB...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 3 2016, 01:25 PM) *
I have been pretty clear about liking him....but you do not deserve a good QB...

So then say it, you pay him that money, right?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2016, 01:28 PM) *
So then say it, you pay him that money, right?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!...SON WE LIVE IN A WORLD...

oops...blacked out there...

Yes..I sign him...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 3 2016, 01:34 PM) *
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!...SON WE LIVE IN A WORLD...

oops...blacked out there...

Yes..I sign him...

Best movie scene ever IMO.

signing noted
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.