Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you like this one
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eagle2720
Per @AdamSchefter on Twitter

Eagles RB coach Duce Staley had interviewed for Philadelphia's head coaching job, per @Edwerderespn.
Eagle2720
He would certainly be a "players coach" and has familiarity with team already, just not sure how I feel about a RBs coach jumping right to HC.
Zero
Just added to another thread. Sorry, missed this.
Phits
I was wondering who Jerry Jones Jeff Lurie's version of Jason Garrett was going to be. Now all we need is our "Wade Phillips" to be a place holder while Duce is groomed for the HC position at a later date...Enter Hue Jackson.....
nephillymike
He must be well qualified because according to Chip, he was the one who decided how much the RB's played. rolleyes.gif

It's an interview to get the Rooney Rule out of the way.

Duce isn't ready.

He needs to go to OC, then to HC, IMO.

I'd like to see them keep him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 2 2016, 02:00 PM) *
He must be well qualified because according to Chip, he was the one who decided how much the RB's played. rolleyes.gif

It's an interview to get the Rooney Rule out of the way.

Duce isn't ready.

He needs to go to OC, then to HC, IMO.

I'd like to see them keep him.

completely agree..(yuck...I threw up in my mouth just typing that...lol)

My guess....if they did this....is that they already have their next coach...and Mcdermodt would be my guess...the fit is just too perfect and comfortable for everyone......and he would be affordable as a first time HC.

Mikey...here is a great site for you to play with the cap...you may have it already but if not have fun...very interactive...

http://overthecap.com/calculator/philadelphia-eagles/
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 2 2016, 02:11 PM) *

My guess....if they did this....is that they already have their next coach...and Mcdermodt would be my guess...the fit is just too perfect and comfortable for everyone......and he would be affordable as a first time HC.

Mikey...here is a great site for you to play with the cap...you may have it already but if not have fun...very interactive...

Thanks, it is a great site.

Also, Spotrac is worth checking out.

I like cap stuff more than most, but I'm trying to refrain until we get a coach in and what style O and D we're running.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 2 2016, 01:11 PM) *

I don't think it's McDermott. I think it's gotta be someone not going to the playoffs. I think it's Gase.

Remember, the Eagles didn't just let go of McDermott the DC a few years ago. They also shitcanned his brother, the VP of marketing.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 2 2016, 02:33 PM) *
I don't think it's McDermott. I think it's gotta be someone not going to the playoffs. I think it's Gase.

Remember, the Eagles didn't just let go of McDermott the DC a few years ago. They also shitcanned his brother, the VP of marketing.

I forgot about his brother...................
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 2 2016, 02:33 PM) *

Yet the word out is that he has maintained close ties with the team for the last 4 years....

Gase is likely headed to Miami......and they will overpay.....

Now on to the brother....you do realize he is CMO for the 76ers right? Like here in Philly?...so that is another recruiting tool

and I really do think all this is a done deal...could be wrong but I got a feeling...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 2 2016, 03:25 PM) *
Yet the word out is that he has maintained close ties with the team for the last 4 years....

Gase is likely headed to Miami......and they will overpay.....

Now on to the brother....you do realize he is CMO for the 76ers right? Like here in Philly?...so that is another recruiting tool

and I really do think all this is a done deal...could be wrong but I got a feeling...

I did t realize Tim had take a gig with the sixers. You could very well be right. I'm not claiming to have inside sources. I just think the Eagles seem like they're in quite the rush to sign a hire a guy who won't be available for 3 weeks at best.

I also think Jeff believes in hiring offensive coaches, unless he is soured based on the Chip experience.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 2 2016, 04:45 PM) *
I did t realize Tim had take a gig with the sixers. You could very well be right. I'm not claiming to have inside sources. I just think the Eagles seem like they're in quite the rush to sign a hire a guy who won't be available for 3 weeks at best.

I also think Jeff believes in hiring offensive coaches, unless he is soured based on the Chip experience.

Rhodes was a defensive coach.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jan 2 2016, 04:45 PM) *

Great point on Lurie.....that has been his MO....

Lets hope he changes gears....
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 2 2016, 07:19 PM) *
Great point on Lurie.....that has been his MO....

Lets hope he changes gears....

2 out of 3 is an MO?
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 3 2016, 10:33 AM) *
2 out of 3 is an MO?

Apparently.

It could also be viewed that he's only fired one defensive HC against three offensive ones, so he doesn't like offensive guys.

The sample size is too small to be meaningful either way.
mcnabbulous
The new name that is being thrown around today is Doug Pederson.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.