Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If I were Lurie I would not trust Howie
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
He was basically humiliated publicly by what Jeff did to him last year and I could never trust a person who I so easily brushed off not long ago to have my best interests at heart going forward. The abrupt change of direction a couple of days after the presser regarding finding a Football guy from outside tells me Lurie either heard the outcry regarding Howie, or had some candidates say 'not with him' in charge, or a little of both. Hopefully we can find someone who understands how to draft players, if not we are doomed to floundering around for years to come.
Zero
Agreed... almost. We don't know what Lurie said to Howie, either when he was "promoted" or when he was "reinstated". Still, it's a good point.
nephillymike
Remember, Howie got a raise and a bigger office on the other side of Nova Care.

What if Lurie gave Howie a nice big raise for step aside and see status.

If they're that close, maybe he said to him, I need to give Chip what he wants and make him accountable, and even though I'm a little bit skeptical, I have to see where it goes. It's not working with the both of you, so here's an extra $1M, go buy the wife something nice!!

FWIW, I don't remember who said this on air the day before the firing, but they said that it was well known that Howie and his agent (same one as Bradford maybe?) were trying to land him elsewhere and he was out there looking with no luck. Then the bombshell hits with Chip's firing.

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 1 2016, 04:30 PM) *
Remember, Howie got a raise and a bigger office on the other side of Nova Care.

What if Lurie gave Howie a nice big raise for step aside and see status.

If they're that close, maybe he said to him, I need to give Chip what he wants and make him accountable, and even though I'm a little bit skeptical, I have to see where it goes. It's not working with the both of you, so here's an extra $1M, go buy the wife something nice!!

FWIW, I don't remember who said this on air the day before the firing, but they said that it was well known that Howie and his agent (same one as Bradford maybe?) were trying to land him elsewhere and he was out there looking with no luck. Then the bombshell hits with Chip's firing.

Regardless of what Howie might have agreed to with Jeff, he still was made to look like a loser in the public eye. Giving him more power now is a risky play, and if Lurie trusts him completely, then he is a fool. I spent over 25 years as a manager and know that once you strip power from someone giving it back is a recipe for disaster.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jan 1 2016, 08:29 PM) *
I spent over 25 years as a manager and know that once you strip power from someone giving it back is a recipe for disaster.

Ok, and when you were once again calling the shots around the deep fry vats, did you purposely let the place go to shit?

Of course not, Howie has Howie's best interests in mind, and that means helping the franchise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.