Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggested reading: Sean McDermott and
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Apparently McDermott was the one responsible for drafting Norman.
But here’s what makes McDermott truly unique: Among current head coaches, if hired, McDermott would be the only one who entered the league through the scouting department. After working as a graduate assistant at William and Mary for a season, McDermott landed a job in Philadelphia (where he would eventually supplant Jim Johnson as defensive coordinator) as a scouting administrative coordinator.
Twelve years later, McDermott’s eye on the scouting process may have landed Carolina a perennial Top 5 cornerback in the NFL. Josh Norman, NFL combine snub out of Coastal Carolina, made a name for himself with a spirited, borderline desperate East-West Shrine Game week in 2012.
Linc ...

Lurie says he fired Kelly to get a head start on other teams looking for a coach. In many ways McD seems a natural choice because he comes from the area and grew up in the organization. That personnel experience sounds pretty good too. He was hired by Lurie at the end of the Rhodes era. He probably knows Howie pretty well. The problem is he'll likely be working for at least a few more weeks. I guess he can interview next week?
Eyrie
The Panthers have a bye, so I'd assume that McDermott can be interviewed early in the week.
rumply
Coughlin to the Eagles?

Just kidding guys wacko.gif
The Franchise
McDermott took a lot of crap when he was DC with the mess he inherited, with what he's done in Carolina is there any doubt that he's the guy we should want? Any apprentice of JJ is a good hire as far as I'm concerned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.