Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My one question for Lurie
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Jeff,

You say you favor a collaborative working structure among the football executives on the team. Howie Roseman was mentioned as being one of the executives in that circle. After what has happened in the past, not only with Chip but many former executives who left before Chip, many of whom had problems with Howie, what gives you the confidence that Howie's personality and way of doing business with others will promote a "collaborative" working environment. How has Howie changed in that regard?

It is a very uncomfortable question, but one that will force Jeff to either acknowledge that Howie has not played well with others in the past and admit he has changed OR will force him to deny anything i n which case the followup would be:

So Howie's relationship with Chip, Reid, Banner, Riddick, Licht, Gamble, (I'm missing about five more), would be seen as being as a collaborative team player?
Reality Fan
Relax Mikey......Christina took Howie to sensitivity training...he is all better now....hahahahaha
BirdsWinBaby
The reports that came out around the time of the chip takeover said that Howie was difficult to deal with mostly because of his insecurity bordering on paranoia about his position. I remember a phillymag.com article on Howie that told the story of Howie wanting to be a NFL exec since he was a kid. It was literally his dream job

Having finally seen his dream come true, Howie is extremely confident, and fiercely protective of his position. He sees the people around him as possible threats at every turn and deals with them accordingly. ESPECIALLY 'football' people. They don't respect Howie's football acumen and don't mind letting him know, sometimes subtly, sometimes not. Howie's response to such an environment is to let those guys know who THE OWNER SAYS is in charge. obviously this results in a very adversarial atmosphere in the building.

Now add to all that.....Chip doing to Howie EXACTLY WHAT HE FEARED football guys always tried to do before. and it actually did cost him his dream job.

Is it possible that Howie will be less paranoid now that he has proof that people really are out to get him?
Phits
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 31 2015, 07:06 PM) *
Is it possible that Howie will be less paranoid now that he has proof that people really are out to get him?

You mean now that his paranoia has been "proven"? I suspect it will be even worse now.
Reality Fan
Now that there are reports that the Eagles will hire a personnel guy I think it stands to reason that the initial feelers put out to the guys they want to coach have come back with a resounding "not if Howie is the personnel guy".......that was a quick turnaround.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 31 2015, 08:18 PM) *
Now that there are reports that the Eagles will hire a personnel guy ...

What'd I miss? I thought Lurie said no to that.
Zero
Got it.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 31 2015, 09:51 PM) *

Sorry I forgot the link...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.